[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I hear that the Japanese version has this elaborate story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1345_front.jpg (88KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
1345_front.jpg
88KB, 640x639px
So I hear that the Japanese version has this elaborate story line with animated cutscenes and branching mission paths that are pretty much obliterated in the US version, but is the US one still worth playing?
>>
>>3177676
It's a meme don't take it seriously.
>>
>>3177676
It's butchered in the story department but a good game. Still inferior to the JAP version though. You might wait for the translation project, if it ever gets completed.
>>
>>3177676
Fucking Su-37 on the cover. Also check out /aceg/ on /vg/ if you want to hear it from the mouth of a horse.
>>
>>3177676
I played the US version. It was fine. I mean, I basically just wanted more of Ace Combat 2, and it was basically that. I didn't like AC3 as much overall, though, you don't get to hunt ace pilots and there are too many annoying missions with time limits and stuff.
>>
>>3177676
yeah, it's severely trimmed down, but what do you think the odds are that all that jap shit was actually a story worth caring about
>>
The game has a fucking shitty flight model in both regions, so I'd say it's not worth playing at all.
>>
>>3177676
Play through it to get a feel for the game.
Then play the Japanese version with the project nemo script in hand to get the story.

The EU version is even more butchered. (You know those little story popups that appear in the US version? You don't even get those! Plus the translation, if memory serves, is far worse.)
>>
hey it has a story? when i played the game i enjoyed it a lot but it did feel like it could have had a story behind it... is the japanese version gonna fill that story gap without knowing japanese?
>>
>>3180667
>without knowing japanese?
Nope.
But there's a partial translation patch and a complete translation in .html files. Due to the nature of an AC game, it's easy to play while reading the HTML files.
>>
Which of the first three Ace Combat games do *you* like best?

I played and enjoyed 4 through 6, just got a PSP and now I'm trying to decide which one to start with.
>>
>>3181836
2 for sure. Gotta pick up the 3DS remake someday.
>>
>>3181836
Ace Combat 2 is my jam. Love the cheesy guitar soundtrack, love shooting down those aces, love how much full 3D freedom you get considering it's a PS1 game. My only complaint is that the sense of speed is way off (lol @ hovering through canyons at 30mph), but hey, it's a simplistic action-focused flight model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGhqZh_BJ4
>>
>>3181836
Having played 1 through Zero, I'd say 2 is the best entry point for the retro PS1 trilogy, and 04 the best for the PS2 trilogy.
>>
>>3180743
tnx for the info, ill look into it.
>>
some of the music makes you feel like ure flying the thing. good shit. that last level is shit tho.
>>
There's a translation supposedly in the works but I have no idea how far along it is/if it's still active:

http://projectnemo.net/
>>
>>3185493
>supposedly in the works
And has been for years. Didn't you know that?

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,17658.0.html
>>
>>3177734

It's complete, but no one knows how to fucking patch the game because all Ace Combat games have voodoo coding.

See: any attempt to perfectly emulate Ace Combat
>>
>>3188006
Didn't they get to the point of patching the UPEO storyline?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.