[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: sydney.jpg (85KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
sydney.jpg
85KB, 650x600px
This might have been talked about when it first launched, but I forgot about it up until now. Did anyone here end up backing the project? Is anyone looking forward to the game?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439982171/new-snes-game-sydney-hunter-and-the-caverns-of-dea
>>
>>3177065
>hay guise
>shill shill shill
Fuck off.
>>
>>3177072

>muh boogeyman
>>
>>3177065

>rip off of Arumana no Kiseki

Well at least they ripped off a good game
>>
File: Montezuma's Revenge.png (5KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Montezuma's Revenge.png
5KB, 640x400px
Reminds me of Montezuma's Revenge!

Never heard of Sydney Hunter until now, so I didn't pledge any cash to the project. It looks neat, and it's great to see a new Super NES title being released all these years later.

The Sydney Hunter game for the NES captivates my attention even more. Has anyone played it?

>>3177072
Just because someone is excited about a new Super NES game, that doesn't mean they are shilling. Lots of retro gamers who post here long for the days of classic gaming. So when a new Super NES title pops up, excitement and interest naturally occurs.
>>
File: 1448250891298.jpg (99KB, 655x653px) Image search: [Google]
1448250891298.jpg
99KB, 655x653px
>>3177110
>Lots of hipsters get excited
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>3177065

Of course not, because the game looks like shit.

When I see SNES games that actually look like good fucking SNES games I'll give a shit. When someone comes along with Demon's Crest or Terranigma looking games then I'll care.

>It's not about the graphics
It kind of is, especially when the gameplay looks like shit to boot.

Making a "new SNES game" for the sake of a new SNES game is stupid. I get that development is significantly harder for older consoles, but you can just make a really good looking game for PC or your phone now that doesn't need optimization in the slightest.
>>
>>3177257

>it's not (my favourite) genre so the game sucks

what kind of shitty attitude is that? the game looks pretty good for a dungeon crawler/puzzle platforme
>>
>>3177065
I like the art and the game looks cool on NES, underwhelming on SNES. Not something I'm gonna pay more than like $15 bux for but also not something I'm gonna utterly dismiss because it's not really retro.
>>
Looks like a half-assed ripoff of La-Mulana.
>>
Collectorvision are the cancer in the homebrew scene. They make one shitty tech demo for Colecovision and then all of a sudden announce NES, SNES and other versions with little intention of following up.

They're the same ones who were bullshitting about porting Snatcher to the Dreamcast for cheap social shares.

Until they finish everything they supposedly started, don't give them a dime
>>
>>3177853

I don't think they really have anything in common

>>3177881

I'll be honest, I know nothing of the developers of this game. however, I made a pledge (for the snes cart) back when it first started. I do hope they follow through with the game and so far it seems like from the updates that it's on track to be released in the summer.
>>
>>3177881
This is Gamester81, what else do you expect?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.