[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on Bart's Nightmare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Genesis and SNES compare.png (819KB, 8192x3584px) Image search: [Google]
Genesis and SNES compare.png
819KB, 8192x3584px
Your opinion on Bart's Nightmare
>>
A game which has all the fun sucked out of it by its bullshit difficulty. I could only ever beat the tomato-hucking level.
>>
>>3177015
Wait, I just realized I'm talking about Virtual Bart. But what I said applies to that game too. Both the SNES Simpsons games are pretty awful.
>>
>>3177015
That was Virtual Bart.
>>
I never could beat it. I think the most I ever got was 3 or 4 pages. Some of those levels were pure bullshit. The Indian Jones one comes to mind.
>>
>>3177015
Wrong. You're thinking of Virtual Bart.
>>
>>3177008
5 SECONDS, IT'S A NEW RECORD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rfc5BY2F8
>>
>>3177018 Some of the levels of Virtual Bart were great - the slide, the motorcycle, the tomatoe game. Also the designs of for example the slide seemed quite original, so even though it's a short game I don't think it was lazy. I never played Bart's Nightmare but from what I hear it's much, much worse, doesn't do much for your credibility if you're mixing up the games.
>>
>>3177008
So why on even this cartoon game which requires about 20 colours, does the Genesis version manage to have more detail and colours? I swear devs were doing this on purpose to make the SNES look bad.
>>
>>3177194
>e-celeb shit

>>>/trash/
>>
>>3177216
this is the 9/11 of let's plays
>>
>>3177008
Amazing game but sadly has a tarnished reputation due to underaged shitheads taking every e-celeb's word as gospel.
>>
>>3177206
Probably because the SNES version didn't have the special chips needed to match the Genesis version.
>>
>>3177015

What this anon said. The game would be fun to play if it wasn't so unfair.
>>
>>3177015
The tomato throwing game in Virtual Bart was far too good for that game. They should have just released that as a standalone game with more levels.
>>
I liked Bart's Nightmare, but I was never able to get through the Indiana Jones level. No matter how good I got at any other level, I would lose 100% of the time on that one. There must've been some trick to it that I didn't understand at the time.

Never played Virtual Bart.
>>
I was never good at it, and the only fun levels to me where Godzilla Bart and the superhero one.

Indiana jones sucked absolute donkey dick and getting pages was shit too. The virus one was weird as hell, and I don't remember the other ones. I didn't like the game overall myself.
>>
>>3177019
>>3177115

>>3177019
>>
>>3177015
>I could only ever beat the tomato-hucking level.
Wrong game, bud.
>>
File: virtual.jpg (147KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
virtual.jpg
147KB, 1440x1080px
For a second I thought you said Virtual Springfield

Now that was good
>>
>>3177345
It's pure trial and error, the traps are in fixed locations and there's only a few layouts, if you meticulously map them you will eventually find a safe route. Which is still bullshit, I had maps for the correct routes in a magazine and I still didn't use them because it felt like a chore.
>>
>>3178585
What's this and how can I play it?
>>
I used to grind points in the Itchy and Scratch level to get a higher grade
>>
all the simpsons games are too hard except for the arcade one, literally all of them
>>
>>3178676
I dont remember Road Rage being too hard.

I know the one with the aliens on NES was typical "NES BS" hard
>>
>>3178679
i might have gone too far, never played road rage

but yeah the snes ones were brutal and pretty sure the NES ones were as well
>>
>>3178681
If you have a capable computer, it emulates well on Dolphin.
It's just Crazy Taxi and the controls/physics are fine.

I cant imagine Hit N Run or The Simpsons (movie?) Game were bullshit hard either, but everything else I bet is.
>>
>>3178665
Walk around Springfield, interact for fun but not much happens. DOSBox should do it.

I like to think of it as the Simpson's Yume Nikki.
>>
>>3178694
So it's a Walking Simulator before the the genre became popular?
I might try it out.

I'd like a good Doom wad for Simpsons. I know there's old ones that changes enemies, but that's boring.
>>
>>3178708
They probably intended it to be more like an actual simulation of Springfield with lots of funny scenes and characters appearing and such, but my guess is that they focused too much on making the whole city first and the interactive bits are so simple and scarce it ends up being pretty much a walking simulator through Springfield.

I remember reading a preview on it somewhere which said something like "[...] and you'll never guess what hides under Ned Flander's home!" and it scared the crap out of me as a kid.
>>
>>3178729
I can remember as a kid seeing the commercials for it and my dad and I always wanting to get it but being pretty unsure if our computer could run it. Looking back on it it turned out my mom had spent extra to get the best computer possible, so with 64mb of ram and an 8mb video card shit would have probably been fine.
>>
>>3177008
S H I T E
H
I
T
E
>>
The only good Simpsons game was the arcade game.
>>
File: Barts House of Weirdness.jpg (69KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
Barts House of Weirdness.jpg
69KB, 576x324px
>>3178676
played bart's house of weirdness for the dos back then and it really feels hard. replayed it fairly recently, it isn't nearly as hard as i remembered.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.