[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the neo geo the ultimate in retro collecting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (77KB, 798x190px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
77KB, 798x190px
is the neo geo the ultimate in retro collecting?
>>
>>3176909
Collecting is for faggots
>>
AES? I guess so, if only because prices are insane and you are paying a premium simply to have it on AES as opposed to the equally official MVS carts. Official MVS carts of the same games are often much, much cheaper, but they just don't look as "pretty" and are a little bit less user-friendly in terms of figuring out how to run them (not to mention that with a Unibios you can even access the AES-exclusive modes of games).
>>
>>3176920
yes aes
>>
>>3176920
I'll clarify and say that I am not classifying "ultimate" as a positive, just that buying AES is almost entirely out of collectibility since there is not much of a practical argument for buying them over MVS.
>>
>>3176909
it's a bunch of shut in trust fund babies and Fredo-tier greaseball mafia goons selling each other overpriced shit that sits on their shelves untouched, so yes it is the ultimate in retro collecting.
>>
>>3176909
Honestly, it's neat. That about all it has going for it.

Very little impact in the history of gaming. Few people have any kind of emotional connection to it.

It's one of those things you see and you have a good idea that the guy who owns it probably doesn't play games and just wants a status symbol or has hording issues.
>>
>>3176935
I couldn't afford one when I was a kid and still can't as an adult too anon. Don't be so salty about it
>>
There is absolutely no reason to own an AES.

Unless you live in a shack, you're better off buying an MVS cab instead. Exact same games, far lower prices.
>>
File: IMG_2378.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2378.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3176920

>look nicer

Just put your BBC's in shock boxes and you get literally the same effect.

Absolutely no reason to choose AES over MVS, cab or consolized. The unibios chip lets you do things like "AES mode" and do some region swapping so you can get blood in Metal Slug.

Hell, a lot of AES owners actually want AES to MVS converters so they can actually afford to buy some games.

AES is fucking insane. A complete in box MGS3 or something is absurdly expensive, like 1500 or something. A complete MGS3 kit for MVS is like 250 or something. The AES is just prohibitively expensive to 90% of people.

MVS you can actually still collect for although it's definitely not something you can really go out and find in the wild on a regular basis. A lot of games are in the 100+ range, but if you're just buying one or two every so often you can build up a sizable collection over time (just like any console really)

I really need to change the capacitors in my MVS since theres no sound currently.
>>
>>3176909
Certainly in the top 10 list. I think collecting pinball is as god tier as you can get.
>>
NEO-GEO prices are too inflated. Stick to the Wii Virtual Console or the 4-slot arcade cabinets that have them in stock.
>>
>>3176920
I've always wondered what stores in the US even carried AES cartridges back in the day. I'm assuming only specialty stores and maybe Toys R Us but only in major cities.
>>
>>3181436
maybe? they did. their circulars always had neo geo in them, back when snes debuted for 200
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.