[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of these USB SNES controllers actual good quality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 18ag9782mx3e2jpg.jpg (50KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
18ag9782mx3e2jpg.jpg
50KB, 640x360px
Are any of these USB SNES controllers actual good quality?
>>
Apparently Buffalo still makes a pretty good SNES knockoff controller but another thing to consider is that 1:1 clones like in your pic can often just pcb swap with a real SNES controller. Also, keep usb controller adapters in mind. That's what I use, with real hardware. Maybe you live somewhere retro oem controllers are rarer though.
>>
>>3176530
>That's what I use, with real hardware.
Wait, you use a USB -> SNES adapter to play on your actual SNES?
>>
>>3176429

The ibuffalo ones are perfection
>>
>>3176535
...No I use a real SNES controller with an adapter if I want to use it on pc. Did I make some kind of typo?
>>
>>3176530
I don't really want a 1:1 clone. I just want a better Dpad, ibuffalo has good dpad?
>>
>>3176591
Better dpad than my xbox controller I mean. I can't get DS3 shit working
>>
there are too many of them to give a general answer... the ones ive tried have been fine.
>>
>>3176591
I really like the Buffalo D-Pad. It feels very crisp and clicks down when you press a direction. Certainly better than that circle shit on the Xbox controller.
>>
>>3176663
Is it just plug and play for the most part?
>>
>>3176672
I use Linux and it worked right out of the box for me. I would imagine it works the same on Windows as well.
>>
>>3176429
They never feel quite right to me, so I bought regular controllers and swapped the guts to make USB ones that feel like the real thing.
>>
>>3176591
Best controller I've owned.
>>
>>3177274
I'll check them. Are there bootlegs on Amazon of them? I'm ignorant about this stuff, don't want a fake buffalo. Lots of them ship from Japan
>>
>>3177305
Not him, but I believe this is the one you want.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E

The featured seller and a bunch of others are "Fulfilled by Amazon" which should be trustworthy and easily returned if there's a problem. It's a very inexpensive controller, so it's a really low-risk investment.
>>
>>3177347
Yeah it's cheap. Just curious about bootlegs. Was looking at other New sellers, as it's like $20 after all the stupid tax and shit on the featured seller
>>
File: mysaturnpad.jpg (249KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mysaturnpad.jpg
249KB, 640x480px
>using SNES instead of a Sega Saturn controller
Fuckin plebians
>>
>>3177403
Looks good too. Really I just want a good D-Pad with a good quality controller that you can just plug in and use. Feel free to post brand suggestions
>>
>>3177347

>Turbo and Clear buttons

RUINED

>>3177403

Name a brand that isn't some cheap knock off shit then.
>>
Just get a Hori Fighting Commander; they're good.
>>
File: Neo Geo Pad.jpg (227KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Neo Geo Pad.jpg
227KB, 768x1024px
>>3177667
>Name a brand that isn't some cheap knock off shit then.
He's using OEM with an adapter.

>>3177404
Real model 2 Saturn controllers have a top tier d-pad plus they have six buttons on the face which I personally prefer. Also Neo Geo OEM pads are great and were produced for all kinds of platforms - cheapest option will probably be their Playstation ones plus the cheap blue transparent 2-input USB adapter.

Basically if you've only used a fucking 350 d-pad any one of the three will blow your shit away but you'll never know for sure which you personally will like the best until you feel them all for yourself.
>>
>>3177667
>Name a brand that isn't some cheap knock off shit then.
Sega
>>
>>3177750
I've not only used, but it's my only PC controller
>>
File: 20160430_040009_01.jpg (978KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160430_040009_01.jpg
978KB, 5312x2988px
>>3176429
I'm currently using the 8bitdo SNES30.
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Controller-Classic-Joystick/dp/B014QP2H1E

I got it for the Bluetooth so I could play on my phone but the USB works just as well on PC. Note the concave/convex buttons. The plastic used on the main casing is even textured right.

It's been a little while since I've held an authentic SNES controller but it feels like I expected it to. I haven't had it for very long but I don't have any complaints so far.
>>
>>3177305
The ones I got from Amazon were legit. I got 2 and a raspberry pi 3 and use it without issue.
>>
>>3177750
Damn, the saturn pad used microswitches for the dpad? Hot damn I need one of these for PC use.
>>
>>3179178
That's a Neo Geo pad
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.