[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know how in the original Super Mario Brothers, as well as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: hipster-bowser.png (209KB, 417x322px) Image search: [Google]
hipster-bowser.png
209KB, 417x322px
You know how in the original Super Mario Brothers, as well as in original SNES version of Super Mario World, if you took one hit you reverted back to small Mario, even if you had a second level power up?

The US version of SMB3 was the game that introduced the mechanic of taking one hit, reverting to Super Mario, then taking another hit, and reverting to small Mario.

Was this a good change or a bad change?
>>
>>3176260
>as well as in original SNES version of Super Mario World

incorrect
>>
>>3176285
I know it's the other way for the GBA version, but I'm pretty sure it's the one-hit way in the SNES version.
>>
>>3176285
Definitely does on mine.
>>
All the modern Mario games only revert you back one level when you get hit. I wish they would at least include a hard mode that would revert you back to small Mario on a single hit, as well as get rid of the fucking babby Super Guide mechanics.
>>
i think world reverts you ll the way too lil mario. but you get a reserve powerup that drops on u
>>
>>3176260
Bad. Beginning of the dumbing down of games.
>>
There's nothing inherently wrong with it but the levels were designed for 2 HP instead of 3 HP.
>>
>>3176316
I think the levels work better with 3HP, because they have no checkpoints. 2HP was alright for SMB1 and SMW, because those levels had checkpoints.
>>
In SMW, if you have the mushroom then get the cape, your mushroom becomes a reserve powerup. If you take a hit, you become little mario, but your mushroom will fall from the top of the screen allowing you to grab it.

Whatever powerup you carry will become a reserve when you pickup a new power up.

You can also press select at any time to make the reserve drop. This allows you to swap between fire Mario and cape Mario.
>>
File: 1456238473761.jpg (20KB, 151x210px) Image search: [Google]
1456238473761.jpg
20KB, 151x210px
>>3176260
Image and post match up perfectly.
>>
>>3176372
How?
>>
>>3176260
As a kid, I liked it because it made the game easier, and I was like, 6 years old. Now? Eh, either way. Being able to take the extra hit is nice, but it's not like the game is so hard that you can't manage without it.
>>
>>3176610
I just wish the NSMB games had an option to switch between the two systems.
>>
>>3176260
I'd like to think it was a good change, it really makes the most sense since it's the logical build since you usually go
small > super > etc
unless you have a suit in your inventory

Though honestly I think it could have been part of an option for a hard mode with alternate enemy layouts/patterns
>>
>>3176285

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>3176867
Don't be rude to newfriends, anon
>>
>>3176505
Enjoy your permaban
>>
>>3179998
Hasn't happened yet.
>>
File: 1412488052901.png (5KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1412488052901.png
5KB, 429x410px
>>3179969
>Don't be rude to newfriends
>on an anonymous imageboard that isn't supposed to be your hugbox

You're funny.
>>
>>3176867
>>>/v/
>>
>>3181029
A hugbox is a place where you are insulated from new ideas, not just any place where people are nice to each other. In fact, it's easier to share new ideas with people (thus making the community less hugboxy) if you're nice about it.

I bet you're gonna say I'm tone policing now. :^)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.