[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oddities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Maniac Mansion (U) [!]-1.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Maniac Mansion (U) [!]-1.png
4KB, 256x224px
What could be up there...?

Also, ITT: /vr/ childhood oddities that you've pondered about.
>>
OP here, also THIS!
THIS has boggled my mind for a week!
It can't be a reflection of the sky, so it's not liquid.
The light world counter-part is the jar salesman... what does it MEAN?
>>
>>3176110
The sky is black.
Its liquid
>>
The broken staircase was there because they ran out of disk space to put an additional room up there.
>>
>>3176114
But it's just tiny little squares moving. Squares are in the sky?
>>
File: pool.jpg (78KB, 512x420px) Image search: [Google]
pool.jpg
78KB, 512x420px
>>3176117
>>
File: Pokemon Stadium 2 (U) snap0016.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Stadium 2 (U) snap0016.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
For the longest time, I wondered why the US Pokemon Stadium games worked so well with hacked Blue roms made to look like Green.
>>
>>3176116
>>3176123
Oh.

Well, there goes the wonder.
>>
>>3176127
Isnt that what you wanted?
>>
>>3176127
One Commodore 64 floppy only holds 340k on both sides and the game completely filled the disk up, so...
>>
>>3176116
>>3176129
But it's a NES game.
>>
>>3176130
That was originally developed on the C64.
>>
I don't know, I just thought we could exchange what it could've been instead of what it actually was?
>>
>>3176110
It's the tiles at the bottom of the pond you fucking pillock.
>>
The NES didn't have the space limitations of the C64. Why didn't they just add the additional room on that version?
>>
>>3176146
>The NES didn't have the space limitations of the C64.
The memory limitations on the NES were a lot stricter. On the C64 they could simply have added another floppy for twice the space but on the NES using larger ROM chips was expensive.
They could have added it for the 3.5" floppy Amiga, Atari ST and IBM versions but the game was complete without it.
>>
>>3176146
Consistency most likely, also they'd need bigger ROMs ($$$).
>>
>>3176146
Because don't fix what isn't (kinda) broken. The NES port is so accurate to the original it even has the PC's copy protection coded in (that you can actually trigger with a glitch introduced by censoring the statue on the first floor) that apparently doesn't take valid codes so it always results in a game over.
>>
File: Maniac Mansion.gif (20KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
Maniac Mansion.gif
20KB, 500x384px
>>3176107
Maniac Mansion is full of little mysteries like this. I love the depth in the characters, and in the house itself. Was one of those games I would daydream about for days after playing it.

A better question is why are the stairs out of order? I don't see any missing steps. Maybe they lead to the second floor of the library where Dr. Fred hides his collection of 'dirty' magazines.

Or maybe I'm just being a tuna-head.
>>
File: bk_llave_hielo.jpg (16KB, 341x257px) Image search: [Google]
bk_llave_hielo.jpg
16KB, 341x257px
Those fucks leaving this shit when I'm trying to 100℅ this game.
>>
>>3177082
See, see... THIS guy gets it!
>>
>>3176110
It means things so deep and mystical and meaningful that even the game designer doesn't know. Only someone who truly understand the game and can identify with it can solve this great mystery that has stumped the greatest minds of our time.
>>
>>3177131
You can legitimately get the ice key, though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.