[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1st Person NES RPG Dungeon Crawler Shadow Brain Translated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: newsimage1723a.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
newsimage1723a.png
3KB, 256x224px
http://aishsha.blogspot.com/2016/04/shadow-brain-finds-its-way-to-release.html

http://www.romhacking.net/news/1723/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuS4fBSMYAE
>>
>>3175857
(you) wasted your time translating this shit
>>
>>3175857
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>3175920
And I'm going to waste my time playing it!
>>
>>3175857
Neat, I love this kind of game, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip!
>>
First person dungeon crawlers on such limited systems fascinate me. Like the Wizardry games on the GB or Towers on the GBC.

If you ever feel the need to translate another game of this kind, look into Ayakashi no Shiro.
>>
>>3175857
>multiple instances of needless swearing just in the "preview"

Typical amateur "translators" trying to be edgy
>>
>>3177013
I don't think it's about neing edgy but yes it does look amateurish, unless it can be explained with a quirk the game uses to save memory by recycling text. Yet again just "What the..." would look less forced.
>>
>>3177013
>>3177049
>think of the children!

>>3175857
Looks sick OP I often get lost in these early first person dungeon crawlers like Wizardry with no SMT tier mini-map but I see this one does have a mini-map so I'll probably play it.

I really tried to do Super Black Onyx because the Jap version has enough English to play it but I couldn't manage
>>
File: 1413047188712.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1413047188712.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>3177013
>actually giving a shit about something so minor instead of being happy that the damn thing even exists in English
>>
>>3177413
Would a performance of Hamlet be greatly improved if the cast performed it in Harvard accents? Or southern twang?

Character tone matters, this is exactly the sort of shit Working Designs kept doing in their localizations and they get rightly nailed to the wall for it.
>>
Is this the first translated NES game since Lagrange Point?

Congrats to the translators and rom-hackers on a successful release. Must feel good to finally get their project out.
>>
>>3177418
>If I had been blind and suddenly was able to see but 50% of people were fat and/or ugly I'd bitch about the whole thing
>>
>>3177424
Multiple NES game translations are out every month, but most are pretty simple projects.
It's the most translated system for some reason
>>
>>3177424
romhacking.net
>>
>>3177424
are you retarded?
>>
>>3177424
wasn't megami tensei translated recently?
>>
>>3175857
This looks pretty good, I like the tech/scifi flavor, I'll be definitely playing it.
>>
>>3177287
>>think of the children!

If the character is supposed to be vulgar/swearing/whatever, then translate it as swearing. Adding swearing where there was no context to justify it is literally just being edgy and makes you look like a massive faggot.
>>
>>3175857
Cool.
>>
>>3179132
You should translate a NES game, then you can decide how much swearing is in the script.
>>
>>3180126
You're quite a cunt, OP.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.