[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illusions of Gaia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: illusionsofgaia.jpg (79KB, 640x463px) Image search: [Google]
illusionsofgaia.jpg
79KB, 640x463px
10 year old me thought this game was super deep and emotional. The time passing, talking about life, do fish feel? The extinction of a race, the unfortunate death of explorers, the wonders of these great structures built by men.

Pretty solid game play too, action, puzzle solving, bit too much backtracking, but at least its often peaceful. How do other people feel about it?
>>
>>3174846
I really should play this again. Top down action adventure games are one of my favourite type of games.
>>
>>3174846
I've actually never played it.
Is that the one that's a pseudo series along with Alundra and Terranigma? Or am I remembering it wrong?
>>
>>3174879
It's thematically related to ActRaiser, Soul Blazer, and Terranigma. Alundra is from an entirely different developer.

>bit too much backtracking
Dude, what? You can barely backtrack in Illusion of Gaia, it's extremely linear and always moving forward.

I agree that it is emotional compared to most other video games. Quintet always gave their stories a little something special, a certain warmth that most other games lack.
>>
>>3174892
>Dude, what? You can barely backtrack in Illusion of Gaia, it's extremely linear and always moving forward.

I mean through dungeons. You go down one path, only to backtrack and change forms or item fetch and stuff. Lots of this takes place. Going from A to B to A to C to A to D to B to E or what have you.
>>
>>3174902
Ah, I get it. It didn't seem that big of an issue to me, although that's the entire gimmick of both the Pyramids and Ankor Wat, and those are the biggest and last dungeons in the game so I can see that leaving an impression.

I really liked that final dungeon was a progressive boss rush (with everyone showing up to get you higher up the tower) because it broke from the repetitive pattern of the Pyramids.
>>
File: 1443590254277.jpg (215KB, 371x619px) Image search: [Google]
1443590254277.jpg
215KB, 371x619px
>>3174892
>ActRaiser
Welp, I'm sold.
Time to play.
>>
File: IoG_Characters1.jpg (300KB, 799x573px) Image search: [Google]
IoG_Characters1.jpg
300KB, 799x573px
Its a pretty good game, have beaten it twice. A weird script being badly translated led to a pretty bizare script, honestly even if you were to play with the original script it would still be a clusterfuck. I always enjoyed the leveling up mechanic, I'm the kinda guy who has to kill everything on screen so it was a good fit. Music is also very good, this song still gets me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zbA98pYh244

Very good game.
>>
>>3174892
>a certain warmth

Is that what I was supposed to feel when the goat ate her husband in Terranigma?
>>
>>3174879
>>3174892
>>3174965
It's nothing like Actraiser in terms of gameplay.

IoG sucks a big limp dick.
>>
>>3175057
According to the people who worked on them, it was conceived as a thematic successor to ActRaiser, and this would be really obvious if you played them in the order they were made (ActRaiser > Soul Blazer > Gaia > Terranigma).

I never mentioned gameplay.
>>
>>3175057
>>3175075
>>3174846
ActRaiser 2>Soul Blazer>ActRaiser>Terranigma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Illusion of Time

Quintet were rather mediocre game designers, most evident in the most shit boss fights, but they were really interesting when it came to story and setting. SB was the only one in the trilogy that gave me a constant feeling of progression. Gameplay is super flat in the entire trilogy. IoT is just boring.
>>
>>3174846
It was a schlocky and confusing game.
>>
>>3176589
The question is really whether Actraiser 2 can ever give me that feeling of playing the first stage in Actraiser 1, to one of the most memorable and underrated first-level songs ever. It's up there with Super Castlevania IV's first stage song.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.