[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God fucking damnit. I am really trying to like this game, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

God fucking damnit.

I am really trying to like this game, and I like running through and shooting shit and the bosses and overall level design.

But god fucking damnit one thing I can not stand about classic shooters anymore is searching for fucking keys.
>>
Find a walk through.
>>
thats why i liked turok3 the most

awesome locations and no turok1/turok2 backtracking
>>
>>3174096

That shits for faggots.
>>
File: pd2.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pd2.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Play Perfect Dark
>>
>>3174092
I thought this game was pretty annoying and confusing even when it was new

Key hunting in eg Doom does not bug me
>>
>>3174104
>faggots
Head on back to /v/.
>>
>>3174092
>God fucking damnit
>fucking keys

>god fucking damnit

COD children these days...
>>
>>3174107

Actually that sounds like a good idea.

Do you have the version some anon made that enabled M+KB support?
>>
File: 1422063862351.png (266KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1422063862351.png
266KB, 680x583px
>>3174138
Turok went out of its way to make keyfinding a huge pain in the ass compared to other games
>>
>>3174897
Then go play something else. Less frustration for you, less shitposting here.
>>
File: 1459815423529.png (98KB, 318x319px) Image search: [Google]
1459815423529.png
98KB, 318x319px
>>3174923
>calls people CoD lovers for not liking one game mechanic of a game
>not shit posting
I like turok though, just not the keys
>>
>>3174967
Then shut the fuck up and go play it, COD kid.

You can stick those keys up your fat ass too.
>>
>>3174092
>searching for keys
The keys in Turok barely have any resemblance to how keys work in most FPS games. Turok is like a weird collectathon with those things; you can miss them and still carry on and finish the level.

In fact I actually can't think of a single other FPS that has a mechanic like that.
>>
>>3175132

You need the keys to proceed to the other levels.
>>
>>3175156
I know that. But it's not "oh, a locked door, I'd better look around find a way to get past it," it's "Collect 10 puzzle pieces to unlock new content!"
>>
>>3175132
I know. I prefer when you use keys to open crates and get hats.
>>
>>3175132

They are literally keys to open warp gates to the next level.

The only part I can see your point is searching for the end boss weapon in all 7 stages.
>>
>>3175132
Yeah, Turok 1 is in a weird place where it feels like an intersection between a late 90s FPS with Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie: Giant levels filled with hidden pieces to unlock later levles from a hub world, a lives system that gives the player 1-ups by collecting 100 objects, loads of platforming, climbing, and swimming with even special platform-heavy "challenge rooms", and a general sense of exploring environments and solving puzzles rather than a more traditional linear run and gun with a few hidden rooms.

The difference being that the constantly respawning enemies are shot instead of jumped on.
>>
can anyone explain to me how to do that super jump you are supposed to be able to do in this game? there is a part in the training mode where you need to do it that I have never been able to do.
>>
The second one was such a pile of shit. It seemed completely random whether an enemy died when your weapon hit it. And just so boring and long-winded.
>>
>>3174897
not compared to
HeXen
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.