[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's that game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: preview.jpg (55KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
55KB, 590x332px
Let's start a what's the game-thread, please, there's none in the catalogue.

I'm looking for a game I played when I was a kid, though not much. It's a fantasy game with elements of both strategy and first person exploration akin to dungeon master.

I remember a map where you could click on locations, and from there one of two things could happen: First person 3d-exploration in a dungeon master-style, I don't think combat was a prerequisite for going to the 3d-view, I dimly remember that I explored some castle without any enemies about.

The second thing that could happen was turn-based (I think) strategy combat, this in a 2D-engine. Both sides were lined up in the vein of a chess game, and then you fought somehow.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?
>>
No idea. But bumping cause it sounds cool
>>
>>3174065

Adding a bit to make it easier, the strategy combat was lined up as a chess game but isometric, not top down. And I think there was a dragon that flew around in the sky in one of the first-person places I explored, if I remember correctly it was in that old style of a series of balls as a body.
>>
I remember my brother renting an SNES game that had a lot of tanks in it. I think it was a strategy RPG, but I'm not really sure. Sorry that's all I really remember about it.
>>
Two 3D space flight arcade games, mid 90s:

1) rail shooter (I think) flying through an asteroid field, sit down cab, had some kind of actual 3D monitor

2) multiplayer dogfighting in space, multiple cabs were linked together
>>
>>3175612
Maybe it was the SNES installment of Nintendo Wars?
>>
>>3175604
>>3174065
Closest thing I can think of would be Birthright: Gorgon's Alliance, since I can't remember any other game with strategic gameplay and 3d adventuring.

Then again, it doesn't match up that well with the description.
>>
>>3174065
>>3175604
That really reminds me of the Realms of Arkania games. They have first person investigation stuff, and then the screen changes to a grid for combat.
>>
>>3174065
A few things are off, but could it be Betrayal at Krondor?
>>
>>3175613
1. Starblade from Namco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6U3WhZrVHc

2. Space Lords from Atari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw3K81Ixqxg
>>
>>3176040

Hm, it's definitely similar, but I don't think it is the game I played.

>>3176048
>>3176058

Thanks, but it's not these.
>>
I have one: an old DOS game. I think it was by IBM (like a simple demo that came with PC-DOS or something, might have even been written in BASIC).

It's a text mode single-screen shooting game. You control this gun at the bottom that moves horizontally and shoots upwards. From each horizontal position you can only fire once - below each such position is the presence/absence of a bullet showing you whether you've already fired from that position.

You shoot upwards at flying enemies that are rendered with asterisks and plus signs, as memory serves. They come into the screen from one side, then simply move to the other side, and out of the screen.

I think the background was blue too.
>>
Mine is a PlayStation game. Primitive 3D action game, probably first-person. Player had guns. I don't remember melee combat, but there could have been a shotgun and a comparatively crap handgun.

First level may have been a training level, possibly with sand with parts in a corridor? I remember one point had the player being told how to jump over a gap. I think there was a hud, but I'm not 100% sure.

This was in a PAL region and the latest game I remember playing that day was Time Crisis, which came out November '97. Also played Abe's Oddysee and Star Gladiatior. That TC may have been a copy now that I think of it. The others were definitely genuine though and Abe only came out a month or so before then. So it came out either within that general timeframe or before.
>>
>>3176069
2/2

Thanks anon
>>
There was a game I watched my sisters friends play when I was a child. Not sure of the system.

The game was two player, you traveled across 2d environments capturing something ( in bags or jars) and dropped the off in a certain spot. The characters may have been aliens.
>>
>>3174065
Sounds a lot like Drakkhen
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.