[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deals/bargain thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Sega_saturn_2.jpg (101KB, 790x718px) Image search: [Google]
Sega_saturn_2.jpg
101KB, 790x718px
Lets have another of these threads aye?

So best bargain I think I've ever received. Picked-up 3 Sega Saturns (3 boxed one slightly broken), all PAL of course (Live in Australia) for 150. Guy throws in all his old games too, didn't complain just took them home. Inside were, Nights into dreams, ALL of the Panzer Dragoon games a few platformers. All for under the price you pay for a single boxed Saturn in Aus.
Any recommended titles other than whats listed /vr/?
>>
Sorry that should read 2 boxed on broken
>>
Sega'sconsoles were huge in Brasil in the 90s, i miss those days.
>>
I got a box of around 15 NES games at a garage sale in 2009 for $3.50. Some of the games included Contra, Double Dragon, Double Dribble (CIB), Duck Hunt, Kung Fu, and Elevator Action. I only had had a few NES games at the time so this really jump started my collection.
>>
I once got a snes, 2 controllers, 3 games. And a game gear, with 5 games, power adapter, and carrying case. All for $25. Dont remeber what games though..
>>
>>3173342
I picked up a working NTSC Saturn from a dumpster. I usually pay some poorfags to do this for me but it was sitting right on top so I just pulled it off the pile myself. Hard to beat free.
>>
A complete Genesis 2 system with two controllers and 2 games for about $3.
>>
Picked up an authentic reproduction of Earthbound for $125, only minor label rips, otherwise perfect
>>
>>3175605
Not bad, not bad. I feel like you could've gotten it for about ten dollars cheaper considering the slight label tearing, but you never know when these repros are gonna go up in price.
>>
2 years ago I got an NES deluxe set (the one with ROB the robot) complete in box at a garage sale for $100 Canadian
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (43KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
43KB, 750x1000px
This SNES that I bought "untested" for $28 on eBay arrived today. Turns out it's a 1-chip. It was full of roaches but after cleaning it and replacing a blown fuse and broken power jack, it's almost good as new. Now I've just go to wait for the housing to dry so I can reassemble it.
>>
I got Skies Of Arcadia: Legends for $50.
>>
>>3177457
man, that's a little beat up. hopefully you can get it cleaned up and working.
>>
File: 2135.jpg (366KB, 1755x1242px) Image search: [Google]
2135.jpg
366KB, 1755x1242px
>>3177457
>>3177546
It came out pretty well. There are a few stains that I couldn't get rid of, but the main thing that matters to me is that it's clean now.
>>
File: IMG_0448 - Copy.jpg (3MB, 2500x3333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0448 - Copy.jpg
3MB, 2500x3333px
And the image looks great, too.
>>
>>3173956
I've got such sick deals they make people green in these threads but I've never made a score that can directly beat that. I picked up a lot of $1-$2 loose NES games in the late 90s and early 2000s individually and a few years ago I got a stack of 10 uncommon NES games in my genres for $20 from a depressed guy who was selling off his store's stock but 15 classics for $3.50 is mindblowing and I'm a guy who got his top loader for $8

>>3173342
I have four Saturns and with the exception of my first one which I paid maybe $40 for in about 1997 the others were all under $10 each

>>3174448
Good get. I assume the console was complete. Have scored prices like this but not in one lump like that. I really wish there was a nice simple way to consolize Game Gears since I regularly pass up fairly-cheap ones just because I already have two. Would really like to pick up a red or blue one though.

>>3175041
I had a buddy who worked as a garbage man back when I was into modding DSS. It was amazing the kind of shit he found in peoples' trash including but not limited to valuable hackable DSS equipment and retro games

>>3175597
Last time I grabbed a package like that I just couldn't pass up it was $6 so thumbs up.

>>3175657
Another guy I know was a cable installer and he spotted one of those in some guys basement I think he ended up picking it up for about the same money in burgerdollars.

>>3177457
>>3177741
Mehhhh... That's a pretty eBay tier deal but if you really wanted a SNES I'm pleased that you were able to spend some time with it and get it to a place you're happy with. Plus it would sell for probably double that now if you listed it as a 1chip. Quadruple if you component modded it which wouldn't be hard since it's a 1chip.

>>3177747
Oh - looks like you already had an RGB cable ready to go for it.
>>
ebay:
sega saturn for 25

garage sales:
ps2 for 5 (not retro but using it for ps1)
ps1 multitap, 2 controllers for 3
n64 w/ mario party, mario golf for 5

pretty excited about the n64, probably gonna stick it up on ebay for auction because i'm not a huge fan but demand is pretty high. need money for saturn stuff.
>>
>>3177790
also passed up nes for 60 (lol) and a gameboy color for the same (also lol). would've tried talking them down on the nes but i figured i already got out of today pretty well, plus 40 dollars would still probably be more than i'm willing to spend.
>>
>>3177790
That is a good score on the N64. You should spend the money on a Pro Action Replay to make a Pseudo and/or a mod chip - plus a couple arcade sticks and model 2 controllers if your console didn't come with them.
>>
>>3177792
If my TOP dollar is only like half of what the asking price is on shit I usually don't bother making an offer which turns out is too polite since some asshole resellers I know make straight up shameful offers all the time and score with them.
>>
Jet Force Gemini cart only for a buck.
>>
Just saved a Saturn from resellers at the flea market, got lucky and the guy had just set up shop -- Really kicking myself for selling the two controllers I found for it a few months ago. Does the Saturn have a music CD player or something I can use to test it without commuting to buying a game?
>>
>>3179141
It does play CDs but just because it can play a CD doesn't necessarily mean it'll play a game - although at worst it'd need a laser tweak. Controller ports also rarely shit themselves unlike Dreamcast and PS1
>>
>>3179168
All right. I'm just worried because I don't have an AV cable for it yet and there's a strange white gunk on the underside of the PCBs.

I just asked this in the repair thread, but maybe you'd know?

I've been looking into how best to play CD-Rs off it. I could mod-chip it. I could buy a Phoebe (it's a model 2). But I could also flash Pseudo Saturn on a 4+1MB action replay and do that. I'm having trouble finding details on the thing, I understand that it doesn't have memory management functions anymore but it does still act as a RAM expansion, but what I don't follow is how to flash the AR. I have an old Gateway with a parallel port (Use it for early 90s retrogames), and a parallel wire somewhere to go with it.What program would you flash it with? The compatibility list seems odd to me -- should I basically expect to not play multi disc games on it, or are there patched ISOs that fix that? Or is it just not worth the trouble?
>>
>>3179175
You flash the AR4M+ directly from a CDR in the Saturn. You'll need to boot a CDR at least once so if Pseudo is the first mod you do then you'll be performing the swap trick which you'll need a legit Saturn game for anyway to swap out from. Just pick up like Madden 98 or something.
>>
>>3179290
Could've sworn there was a parallel port flash option, but 5 dollars isn't so much. I'll probably do that.
>>
File: 1460623794886.jpg (58KB, 461x450px) Image search: [Google]
1460623794886.jpg
58KB, 461x450px
2 years ago I found a snes for $7 at a flea market, probably my best find ever.
>>
>>3179175
>I don't have an AV cable for it yet
You can just stick the end of a stripped wire into the right slot on the jack (look up a pinout) to get a quick composite output for video testing.

My (damaged, nonworking) Saturn (with rusty brown gunk, but not white) boots up and displays the menu even though it doesn't play discs (neither audio CDs nor games), so it's worth checking the video to find out whether your mainboard works even if the disc drive doesn't.
>>
>>3179310
shall do, thanks
looking at the pinout, I should also be able to test the audio this way, if I'm willing to painstakingly prod that lead around
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>3179141
>Does the Saturn have a music CD player or something I can use to test it without commuting to buying a game?

It has what is possibly the most feature full CD player built into any console. The only thing some other machines do better is having custom visualization effects; Saturn only has two VU meters in the shape of two floating cubes, and a screen saver option that is a combination of a rotating blue nebula, a star field, and a 3d spaceship flying in and out of the screen.

As a kid I spent as much time listening to music on the thing as I spent playing games. the pitch controls, voice cancellation, and surround effects give you so many ways to re-listen to any album.
>>
>>3177797
i offered 5 for the ps2 after it was pretty clear they didn't care about it, would've gone 10 or 20 but i'm keeping it anyway so i don't feel particularly bad about it. the n64 was just luck considering it was like 9 AM and everything else was pretty picked over.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.