[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it, you used Game Shark.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 91tWIha7glL._SX425_.jpg (17KB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
91tWIha7glL._SX425_.jpg
17KB, 425x319px
Admit it, you used Game Shark.
>>
>>3172513
Never could get my hands on one :(

The games I could not finish as a kid, I didn't finish, plain simple.

Yes, I'm looking at you Ninja Gaiden III.
>>
>>3172513
I sold legendary pokemon in school. Made about £500
>>
I didn't use a Gameshark until the PS2 days.

Used a Game Genie on NES.
>>
File: 1461531923470.png (198KB, 620x648px) Image search: [Google]
1461531923470.png
198KB, 620x648px
>Game Shark
>LVL 100 Pokemon
>max stats
>wild any Pokemon
>mfw I was unbeatable in school lunch
>>
Hell yeah I did! Well, actually it was an Xploder, but basically the same thing.
Cheating wasn't the main source of fun though, poking around the memory was a lot more interesting.
Even started to release tables.
>>
>>3172543
Endless supply of Mews!
>>
Me and my friend bought a gameshark since fucking gamepro or some other magazine said you could fucking get lara croft nude on ps1.

Fucking bullshit. Nice shilling faggot ass magazine.
>>
Nyet, was too poor.

It was ok though, I had cheatbooks.
>>
File: monsterbrainGB.jpg (26KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
monsterbrainGB.jpg
26KB, 425x425px
>>3172543
>>3172531
>>3172573

Anyone ever have one of these? A friend on the bus had it in middle school and he let me use it once. It had a nifty GUI so I could set my pokeballs to 99 on all stats
>>
File: 1459663676063.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1459663676063.gif
871KB, 245x230px
>>3172573
>Falling for that.

That only happens on PC buddy.
>>
>>3172585
Most people just used the old man trick/cinnabar island instead.
>>
>>3172513
Friend had a grey gameboy one and that was my first experience. He showed me his printed off code list (faggot had a computer at home, INTERNET, a printer, a game shark, legos, lucky fuck).
But, he got me the version exclusive Pokemon on my game and that was sweet. Later they came out with this black one, Gameshark Pro? and I don't know what the difference was but I fucked with that thing more than actually playing the games.

had one on N64 that eventually stopped working. Didn't that happen to everybody's?
>>
>>3172585
Pelican brand "Brain Boy". Got it for $30 and it added hundreds of hours to my G/S
>keep back up save files of r/b/y/g/s/c
>edit pokemon values/OT names
>edit bag all you want
>some unusable item in there a dozen times called Teru-Sama
>changing the dates on you and your friends game so you could Mystery Gift over and over
>toggling the 'fly to mt. silver' option to make travel faster before you work your way through Kanto
>>
Didn't have a Gameshark. But did extensively use (but not own) a Action Replay for SNES back in the day.
Also had a Game Genie for NES and used it nearly all the time.
>>
>>3172591
I had a V2.2 that stopped working. I upgraded to a V3.0 Pro and I thought it was awesome because it had a utility that you could use to hack your own codes.
>>
I'm not even sure if I own one. I have to look now.
>>
>>3172513
I've got one. I have no idea how I got it since it definitely isn't mind. I never really used it for anything though
>>
I bought one back in the day just so I could get Mew. I still know the code by heart. 0115D8CF
>>
I have a couple of games cheat devices. I've really only used them to explore the game. Like moon jumps on mario 64.
>>
File: jogos_nintendo64_f_034.jpg (86KB, 956x500px) Image search: [Google]
jogos_nintendo64_f_034.jpg
86KB, 956x500px
I used mine to fuck around in my games to find unused and cut content. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were two of my favorites for this. Dem all Bonds portraits, that kick ass unused Perfect Dark Music. http://youtu.be/hYhQqJrTVAw
>>
File: 1459008854965.gif (794KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459008854965.gif
794KB, 250x200px
>>3172513
>tfw your friend had a gameshark and showed you mew and celebi for the first time
>>
I didn't need one.
I used pokes, premade trainer and even altered the code on BASIC games myself.
>>
>>3172998
>even altered the code on BASIC games
Wow, you're such a l33t hacker.
>>
>>3173056
u sound helly jelly
>>
>>3172998
My cousin did that as well. His dad brought a copy of pokeman basic from work and he used it to poke a team of digimon starters into a copy of pokemon crystal that he got to work on his gameboy by welding a color screen to it.
>>
>>3172923
Moon jumps were awesome. I remember using a moon jump to get the ice key in Banjo-Kazooie. I don't think anyone other than the devs knew about the cheat code to get it the legit way back then.
>>
>>3172513
Only on Nintendo 64. I had Action Replays for GCN, GBA, and DS later, but I didn't use those as much.

The GameShark Pro on N64 was kind of shit, wasn't it? I couldn't ever get it to work with Donkey Kong 64 or Zelda.
>>
Never had one so nope.
>>
nope
had xploder for ps1
>>
>>3172586
Ah, yes. Nude Raider. Who could forget that? Junior High was a magical time.
>>
>>3173136
u sound helly retarded
What version of basic did you use on your gameboy instead of a gameshark?
>>
>>3172513
>ask for Game Genie one Christmas
>grandparents get it for me
>use it and the graphics are all fuzzy and glitched
>don't know what to do, being like 8 at the time
>parents can't figure it out either
>they return GG and I never got a replacement one

Better off this way. I got more satisfaction over the years by beating the games legit.
>>
>>3174925
u sound fatty smatty
>>
File: 3344473_1.jpg (117KB, 795x530px) Image search: [Google]
3344473_1.jpg
117KB, 795x530px
>>3172513
I would've, if only I could've gotten my hands on one out here in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. I did do plenty of gamesave and RAM editing on PC, both PC games and also Playstation 1 games once the first decent PS1 emulators became available. Good times, I was a fucking god in so many games.
>>
>>3172513
i bought one for $7 from a used game store and it just randomly stopped working later that day
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.