[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unlimited minesweeper anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: mines.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mines.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
Unlimited minesweeper anyone?
>>
>>3172087
nigga I can't even beat easy mode minesweeper.
>>
>>3172087
You gone mad with power, Anon. Mad!

...Where do I try that shit?
>>
>>3172150
>Where do I try that shit?
Hell.
>>
>>3172127
Dude, that's just sad.
>>
>>3172243
Thank save state reliance on that
>>
>>3172243
>>3172251
Save state nothing, I played minesweeper back before we had the internet and I never won once by knowing what I was doing, I just got lucky sometimes. What do the flags mean?
>>
>>3172127
perhaps you dont understand the basic principles?

the number indicates the numbers of mines in the 8 tiles surrounding the numberred tile

that is, up down, left right, the the 4 corners

on easy mode you soon get 1's with only a corner tile covered, indicating that it has to be a bomb, so you right click to put a flag, we will call it flag-A

if theres another 1 around the flag, then you know that 1 refers to the flag, and you proceed to left click all 8 tiles around this new 1 (all 8 besides the flag-A duhh)

new you see a 2 around flag-A, and around that 2, there just one other covered tile, so it must me a mine also, you mark it, flag-B

now suppose you had flag-A with a 2 around, and around that 2 you had another Two covered tiles, one of them must me a bomb, you you rightclick TWICE to put a question mark on both

but on easy mode, or moderate, you really never have to use question marks, its just too easy

and hard mode every once in a while will leave in an undeductible scenario, so there's that hehe, i even screenshot a couple occasions to look at it again the next day and be sure i wasnt wrong.
>>
>>3172293
>and you proceed to left click all 8 tiles around this new 1

Oh my god, you never learned about LMB+RMB? It does that for you without having to left-click every tile around a number.
>>
>>3172293
I know how to play Minesweeper, I'm just completely terrible at it.

It's like Sudoku. If you aren't a numberful person, you're not gonna have a good time.
>>
>>3172087
so ops pic is mienfield.com
yes its a typo url

>>3172301
oh shit, thanks, i think someone showed me this last century and i forgot

this also works com meinfield
>>
>>3172282
You use the flags to mark where the mines are.
>>
>>3172301
>Oh my god, you never learned about LMB+RMB?
My friend's mom told me just this, back in the day, when she passed by and paused to watch me play. Pretty embarassing.
>>
>>3172308
>It's like Sudoku. If you aren't a numberful person, you're not gonna have a good time.
Sudoku doesn't use numbers except as decoration. You could reskin it with any other symbols you liked and it would play the same.
>>
>>3172282
>I never won once by knowing what I was doing
Your question makes that clear.

>>3172293
>undeductible scenario
Those are extremely rare. Many situations you believe are unsolvable are most likely solvable using guess and check. You assume that a square is a mine and then calculate how this would affect the squares around it, and then the squares around those and so on. If you reach a point where the result contradicts what is known you know your original assumption is incorrect. If not, assume the square isn't a mine and then do the same procedure. If neither scenario gives an impossible result that square is unsolvable in the current state. Only when you have done this for every unknown square can you truly say it's unsolvable.
This is a very advanced technique. Much more so that using M/L+R to automatically clear known cels. So maybe you're not aware of it. kek.

>>3173649
Using symbols instead of numbers for sudoku is pretty popular. It's great for anons like >>3172308 who have a mental block with numbers, ideal for kids and/or smaller size puzzles, and much less confusing for puzzles with more than 9 values.
I've also seen some hybrid sudoku minesweeper puzzles which pretty much combine the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>3172320
Eeeh I gave it a try and it's kinda fun. I finally learned how to play Minesweeper with this (I was never quite motivated to learn before). Thanks for the link Anon, and to OP for mentioning this.
>>
>>3172127
git gud
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.