[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earthboumd thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

File: 1406.jpg (15KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
1406.jpg
15KB, 262x192px
Anybody love this game?
>>
File: Foto-0025#1.jpg (307KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Foto-0025#1.jpg
307KB, 1280x960px
Me!
>>
>>3170848
What is so great about it that it commands a $200 price tag for just a loose cart?
>>
File: mother2box01.jpg (38KB, 336x598px) Image search: [Google]
mother2box01.jpg
38KB, 336x598px
>>3170857

I bought Mother 2 for 20 bucks, CIB.

>but I can't read japanese

Your problem not mine.
>>
>>3170857
it's one of the most enjoyable games in it's class, imo. it also sold like ass because of some pretty dumb decisions. not really worth the price, but it's worth playing.
>>
It's a shitty Undertale clone.
>>
Its cheap on the 3ds store. If you have one
>>
File: ebcollection.jpg (338KB, 598x594px) Image search: [Google]
ebcollection.jpg
338KB, 598x594px
Yes this is my eb collection so far.
This game is pure charm and kick me right to my childhood
>>
>>3170910
Beautiful
>>
>>3170938
thank you man i also have some nintendo power magazines with the Earthbound articles, im not a collector but i love this game so for me its worth it, also love mother 1 and 3
>>
>>3170948
Yea me too
>>
>>3170910
Love the model 2. I only have the cart of Earthbound, but I have Secret Of Mana Complete
along with the strategy guide. It's a lot cheaper than Earthbound or at least easier to find at a decent price compared to Earthbound.
>>
>>3170948
Exactly I am a collector but only of things I like and enjoy Secret Of Mana was a game I grew up playing so It meant a lot to get it complete.
>>
>>3170857
It's really good, but don't pay collector prices.

>Virtual Console
>Flash Cart
>Emulation

>howitsmeanttobeplayed.wad
>>
>>3170901
>EB
>3DS
Nigger where, I thought they deliberately kept the SNES off the 3DS
>>
>>3170994
Its on virtual console bird shit.
>>
>>3170998
It's on Virtual Console for the WiiU, dickface.
>>
>>3171000
Think again fag now I'm gonna snap a photo and prove it
>>
File: 1461742086641.jpg (957KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1461742086641.jpg
957KB, 1440x2560px
>>3171000
There bird shit
>>
>>3171000
Chek'd
>>
>>3170848
I tried to get into Earthbound. Played for.. I don't know.. seems like I was two or three cities in. Gave up.

It never gelled for me. Never felt compelled. Gameplay felt "done to death" and, though I admit the story and scenario are wacky and fresh, I still never cared.
>>
>>3170994
>>3171000
It is on the 3DS VC, but it's only on the -New- 3DS VC. Can't download it with a regular 3DS. Don't ask me why but I doubt it was because they couldn't get the emulator to run on the 3DS.
>>
Overrated and boring trash that hipsters clung onto and go ape shit over and throw hundreds of dollars at kek
>>
>>3171184

Japanese version for SFC can be purchased for about 20 bucks. You can also pirate it if money is a problem for you.

>overrated, hipster, etc

Oh, you're one of those guys. Yeah yeah every game is overrated, hipster, and has aged badly, we know the routine.
>>
>>3171176
Oh fucking Nintendo!
What other SNES games do they have?
If it's Super Metroid or ALttP I'm gonna scream
>>
>>3171017
Do you know how fucking jelly I am right now, jizzbreath? Fuck I'm so angry at Nintendo

>>3171189
>can be purchased for about 20 bucks
Which is worthless when it comes to a game where there's a narrative if you don't speak ching chong heiroglyphs.
Flashcart, VC, or emulation.
>>
File: Itoi_War.jpg (9KB, 227x299px) Image search: [Google]
Itoi_War.jpg
9KB, 227x299px
>>3171213
>if you don't speak ching chong heiroglyphs.

Your problem not mine
>>
File: jewshop.png (315KB, 1081x755px) Image search: [Google]
jewshop.png
315KB, 1081x755px
>>3171207
According to the website, they have nine games. Have a screenshot.

Fun fact: Apparently if you already bought the WiiU version you can't transfer it to your N3DS, so essentially you'd have to pay for the same rom twice.
>>
>>3171226
Oh, and Earthbound is inexplicably more expensive than the other games, so you really get the full experience.
>>
File: mother.jpg (92KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
mother.jpg
92KB, 500x401px
Anybody played EarthBound Beginnings?
>>
File: mother_ananinten.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mother_ananinten.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>3171248

I played it first. Played the series in order.
>>
>>3170857
>What is so great about it that it commands a $200 price tag for just a loose cart?
Nothing. It benefited from Ness being in Smash, then from the initial hipster flood, then youtubers, then Mother 3 never being officially translated until recently, plus stupid underages thinking that hipsters are great role models and that a game is great because it's "rare" and expensive.
>>
>>3171312

Don't forget the people who hate the game because it's popular among "hipster" boogeymen.
They all contribute.
>>
>>3171226
>Fun fact: I don't understand how licenses work, so I'm going to passive-aggressively bitch about it
>>
>>3170994
You have to have a 'new' 3ds
>>
Stop making threads about earthbound.
>>
>>3171321

>stop making threads about retro video games on the Retro Games board.
>>
>>3171176
>Own a New 3DS
>Excited to finally see SNES games in the eshop
>I already of physical copies of every single game
welp.
>>
>>3171337
Its not as if they're gonna put obscure shit on there first. You won't see Live A Live on there anytime soon.

>>3171314
Are you saying a service owned by a single company cant offer software across different platforms without forcing you to pay twice? I thought services like Steam and Google Play had this figured out already.
>>
>>3171171
>I was two or three cities in.
Ouch.

Usually I'd say "keep playing past Onett, it picks up in Twoson!" but..

It's really more comfortable than enjoyable in gameplay terms, though. I savescummed like hell during the battles. (Sometimes, the only way to get a desirable situation was to use the auto-fight button, oddly.)
>>
>>3170859
>>3171214
We get it, you're a l33t nerd, brag some more about your linguistic skills you fucking faggot, I'm sure your mom is proud.
>>
>>3171226
GAH! Thanks a lot Nintendo, you cunts! Is there a way to transfer your account and purchased games from an old 3DS to a new one, or are they gonna jew me right in the ass?

Of course they have to have games that I really want to be portable, too! (well, I already have Zelda on the GBA, but...)

>inb4 some faggot says to get a PSP

>>3171321
Get raped.
>>
>>3170859
>i need a bicycle
>a unicycle is cheaper
>i can't ride a unicycle
>NOT MY PROBLEM
>>
>>3171473

Awful analogy.
>>
>>3171478
No, it fits, because you're deliberately suggesting something you know fully well isn't accessible to 99% of the board (and you implicitly acknowledge this), so that you can passive aggressively brag about how it is to you.

You're like that kind of faggot who quotes Neil DeGrasse Tyson because he thinks it makes him look smart.
>>
>>3170948
Mother 1 is pretty shit. I'm a huge mother 2 and 3 fan, and the story is great in mother but the gameplay is absolute horseshit
>>
File: MotherJ.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MotherJ.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>3171505

Eh, Mother 1's gameplay is alright, it's not different from Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy on NES. In fact it's better since you can move in 8 directions on the map and stuff.

It's "shit" only if you aren't used to play 8bit RPGs.
>>
>>3171494
"In a battle, the Enterprise would just wipe its ass with the Millenium Falcon" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
>>
File: 266969-h1.jpg (114KB, 620x352px) Image search: [Google]
266969-h1.jpg
114KB, 620x352px
>>3171231
>>3171226
This is why emulation is great. If a company offers retro games at a decent price or with added features like the wonderful Sega 3DS games then it's good to support their hard work.

But when Nintendo intentionally doesn't bother making the games run on a normal 3DS and then charges stupid prices, then fuck em. Emulate.
>>
>>3170848
>people that like this game but don't like Dragon Quest
>>
File: 3d-classic-kid-icarus-04.jpg (37KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
3d-classic-kid-icarus-04.jpg
37KB, 400x240px
>>3171532
>If a company offers retro games at a decent price or with added features like the wonderful Sega 3DS games then it's good to support their hard work.

I can agree with this.

They actually released some of their games on 3D, I have Kid Icarus (which is great because it also includes new backgrounds -as opposed to the original black ones- and FDS version sound and save system) and there's also some other stuff like Excitebike, Urban Champion and Kirby's Adventure.
They also published Konami's Twin Bee and Namco's Xevious (the actual arcade version) under their 3D classic series.
Besides the 3D effect you can adjust the speed, and play with either dpad or circle pad (playing shooters like the 3DS circle pad feels like smooth as butter).

It's a shame they didn't release more of their games with the 3D gimmick. Even if it's just a gimmick it makes it worth it, besides them having some extra new features and options.
It's a shame we missed on something like SMB3D. That game would look pretty gorgeous with the 3D effect, what with all the levels being sets and having shadows behind them, that would have looked fantastic on 3D.
>>
File: metal slime draws near.gif (25KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
metal slime draws near.gif
25KB, 550x400px
>>3171535

They exist?
>>
>>3171312
> never translated until recently

The patch was in 2008, two years after the jp release.
>>
>>3171537
It's a shame, I really like the way the 3D classic look but Nintendo found it too difficult to do so they stopped after only a few. M2's Genesis ones were amazing, but it seems they're done with them as well. At least what we got was great.
>>
>>3171545
I think he means an official western release.
>>
>>3171356
>Are you saying a service owned by a single company cant offer software across different platforms without forcing you to pay twice?
I'm saying that in Nintendo's case, you're actually buying a per-platform license to play each game. They probably still do this because you'd have to pay twice to have physical copies for two different systems, so they see nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>3171579
This. The existence of free cross-buy is not something Nintendo considers viable, which isn't surprising considering they want $60 for either version of Smash and fully expect people to buy both. Even worse still, they do, just so they can save money on the DLC bundles.
>>
File: yoshi ree.jpg (45KB, 638x361px) Image search: [Google]
yoshi ree.jpg
45KB, 638x361px
>>3171535
>people who like this
>people who like this AND Chrono Trigger
>but avoid Dragon Quest because it's 'boring' or 'grindy'
ENOUGH.
>>
>>3171579
But that's my point entirely. Yes, I am aware that you buy licenses per platform. My point was that there's no reason for this since the thing you buy (a rom) is essentially playable on any platform they offer.
>>
>>3171641
>>3171535
I've never had to "grind" in chrono trigger nor Mother 3.

Mother was terrible with grinding, as was Dragon Quest. In Mother the balance was way off: either you would obliterate an enemy easily, or they'd do you in quickly. The horrid factories come to mind.

In Mother 2 you might have to grind a bit to get paula's level up after you get her but, all grinding can be avoided with proper stocks of food and such.

In an ideal RPG, you simply fight every enemy you come across (the first time around) and become appropriately leveled as a result.
>>
File: 1437101120038.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437101120038.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I'm trying so hard to like it but it's just really hard to when it feels like you attacks only have a 60% hit rate
>>
I never played it. I kept hearing it smells like shit or something.
>>
>>3170848
I really like the atmosphere of being a kid presented in it, and the characters are all likeable... Except pokey I guess.
>>
>>3171550
Actually M2 might do more if the collection they just released does well, I'm going to pick it up this Friday for that reason alone.
>>
>>3171537
I can't agree more, plus something like donkey Kong 3D would be cool if it was the arcade version, they could add so much to that game. I honestly only buy these 3D versions for the added features.
>>
I actually just finished it for the first time.
I can not believe that this was released so long ago, I mean holy shit just look at Giygas.
So ahead of its time.
>>
>>3172440
Oh, also I've started learning the Twoson theme on piano.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3rxfNjBGqQ
What a great song.
>>
>>3171465
To be fair anything you buy on eshop on an account stays with that account, so yes you can transfer.
>>
>>3172357

Either call your mom or get another weapon with more accurracy.
>>
>>3172357
You should never play Dungeons and Dragons, then. So many goddamn wasted turns, especially in the earlier levels. Oh, you rolled less than a 12? That sucks! I guess I'll just retaliate with an attack that takes away half your max HP.

>>3172445
Don't you have to jump through some weird hoops, though? I remember that you need to have both consoles with you, delete the software off the first one and then transfer it using Nintendo's app, meaning that you can't do this if your old DS got broken or stolen (it was the latter for me).

This was years ago, though, it might've changed by now.
>>
>>3173394
>I can't read the very simple instructions on Nintendo's website
The post.
>>
>>3173548
I just looked it up, and it's a 22-step manual that requires multiple SD cards and both systems. Are you saying this is user-friendly? It's not hard to do but it's convoluted for the sole reason that Nintendo does not want to lose even a dollar to people sharing accounts.

Anyways my point was that you need to have both systems and both of them need to work, which is a problem since you lose everything if your SD card breaks or your system gets stolen/lost.
>>
>>3170857
>paying for vidya

>>3171494
how about you do something with your life besides play videogames. japanese isn't that hard.

>>3171641
mother series is thematic in an interesting way. dragon quest is not. chrono trigger is liminal.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.