[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Harrier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: 10933282354_0c3c943490_o.jpg (49KB, 448x314px) Image search: [Google]
10933282354_0c3c943490_o.jpg
49KB, 448x314px
Well I finally got to the end of Space Harrier on 1 credit and killed the super special hidden 3DS-only end boss.

Which is the next best thing to Space Harrier? Because maybe it's time I played a different game a bit.

1) Space Harrier 2? Seems too choppy

2) Star Fox? Seems too slow

3) Galaxy Force? Seems too hard

4) Master System Space Harrier? I'm waiting for the 3DS one

Also is it possible to blow up that big ship in pic related? And what's up with that one robot that start grey but then it turns into a blue robot?
>>
They ought to do a 3DS version of Space Harrier 2, like they did with Fantasy Zone 2. The levels were solid, but the mega drive just couldn't really handle the game
>>
Night Striker is a pretty good choice, and I believe the first 3ds collection of 3d classics that got a physical release in Japan had Space Harrier 3D as a bonus game
>>
>>3169915
Try Super Thunder Blade, After Burner II.
You could try Panzer Dragoon
>>
Reminder that SEGA 3D Classics Collection just released today, currently the only way to play 3D Power Drift on a non-Japanese 3DS.

>>3169915
>Galaxy Force? Seems too hard
Took me about 10-12 hours, on and off, to 1CC. It's about as tough as Fantasy Zone, but thrilling to play every time and definitely a game you can at least memorize. You can build your run by either doing all the levels in linear order or learning them individually and then playing in order. Very fun stuff.

>>3169921
I'd love to see Space Harrier 2DX run on a custom X Board, assuming it'd need something that powerful.
>>
>>3169921
Sadly I think the MD actually could handle the game, it just came out a little early

>>3170232
>Took me about 10-12 hours, on and off, to 1CC.
well it probably took me ~1600 hours to 1cc SH so I have to set my bar pretty low
>>
Planet Harriers
>>
Space Fantasy Zone for pc-engine. It's a Fantasy Zone with Space Harrier gameplay.
>>
>>3169915
>Space Harrier 2? Seems too choppy
Do you mind expanding on this? SH2 seems fine to me, more fluid than the first if anything.
>>
>>3171240
Did you play the first game on a fucking Master System or something?

Space Harrier 2 was choppy as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRxYz7BwLI4
>>
>>3171247
No, Mega Drive. Looks fine to me, but not suffering from autism, indiscernible changes in frame rate don't cause me to piss my pants.
>>
>>3171254
Space Harrier 1 never came out on the Genesis.
>>
>>3171254
I'm not that guy who always complains about games not being 60fps, and Space Harrier II is still an OK game, but it really sucks compared to the first game because it is ridiculously choppy in comparison.

Also, I know you're bullshitting, because the first game never came out on the Mega Drive.
>>
File: sega_32x_space-harrier_box-fr.jpg (183KB, 509x700px) Image search: [Google]
sega_32x_space-harrier_box-fr.jpg
183KB, 509x700px
>>3171272
32X is still Mega Drive. It says right there.
>>
>>3171283
Well, if you played it on the 32x, then I really can't see how you don't notice a difference with Space Harrier II. Like I said I really don't tend to notice choppy gameplay but Space Harrier II's choppiness is pretty terrible. When there are lots of objects on the screen it looks like a slideshow.
>>
>>3171283
>comparing a 32-bit system to a sequel built for a weak 16-bit system from 1988
wew lad
>>
>>3169921
Agreed, also it would be cool if to coincide with that they ported planet harriers to Wii u.
>>
>>3169915
What 3DS exclusive boss? Nobody told me about this.
>>
>>3170232
Also the only way to play puyo puyo 2 without Japanese 3DS
>>
>>3172406
It's actually the boss from the Master System(?) version, but M2 redrew him and added him to the final level. You can fight him by either 1CC the title or just not getting hit at all during the final stage.

>that hidden Fantasy Zone MS port in the 3D Classics Collection
>>
>>3172430
Oh, I'll look out for that, I remember they also did that for the two master system bosses from the original fantasy zone and put them in. I really hope the new collection does well so M2 does more stuff like this.
>>
not retro but look at Kid Icarus Uprising
>>
After Burner.
>>
>>3171293
Even the 32X Harrier game doesn't run all that well, or maybe I'm just spoiled by Shenmue and the 3D version.

I would like to see Harrier 2, Turbo OutRun, etc. remade for stronger hardware, but something tells me those console sequel games are sort of the "straight to video" of Sega games, and that they don't want to think about them much.
>>
>>3172515
Space Harrier 2 is such a waste though. It looks so awesome and then you play it and it's just... not the worst but damn.

Does the 32X SH have any unique features at all?
>>
>>3169915
3D World Runner on NES is a good knock off.
>>
File: ht.jpg (82KB, 900x577px) Image search: [Google]
ht.jpg
82KB, 900x577px
>>3169915

You go play some Burning Force on MAME. That's what you do.
>>
>>3172751
How is Genesis/MD Burning Force

Does it have anything going for it over the arcade game at all
>>
>>3172515
32x Space Harrier actually runs at 30 FPS capped instead of 60 FPS.
>>
File: burning_force_jacket2.jpg (587KB, 1900x1108px) Image search: [Google]
burning_force_jacket2.jpg
587KB, 1900x1108px
>>3172763

It's easier. And the ending actually makes sense. It's also one of the most playable forward scrollers on the genesis. Nice OST conversion.

But with the arcade version at your fingertips, I'd just play that.
>>
>>3172515
Well for the longest time fantasy zone II was like that but it got an arcade remake, plus that remake was spawned from the idea of remaking space harrier 2 on arcade hardware. We just have to wait and see.
>>
There are some cool ones on the NES, like Falsion,
>>
>>3173404
>that remake was spawned from the idea of remaking space harrier 2 on arcade hardware
so we were already *this* close :(

>>3173210
>forward scrollers
that's a good term and the first time I've heard it I think
>>
>>3176903
Yeah they say so in the dev interview about fantasy zone II W on 3DS.
>>
File: tumblr_n5iw5dSFmv1qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg (208KB, 620x876px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5iw5dSFmv1qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg
208KB, 620x876px
>>3169915
If you're into shooters like space harrier, I'm sure you'd love Panzer Dragoon and the like. You might wanna check out Afterburner II, Omega Boost, and Rez. Omega Boost is a really good shooter in the vein of space harrier; rez is a super fun trippy shooter that plays very similarly. It was released in the states on non /vr/ consoles (PS2, XBLA Remake, PS4 remake coming soon), but if you live in europe or wanna burn/import the original dreamcast one, you could do that too.

If you really wanna stretch it, Gyruss on NES is a fun cross over of Galaga and Tempest 2000, where you circle the screen shooting enemies in a cylinder formation.
>>
>>3176903

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/04/13/sega-3d-classics-3d-fantasy-zone-ii-interview-part-1/

The interview I mentioned.
>>
Give this a try. Probably the closest thing to Starfox on the PS1. It's got some weird ass Resident Evil style segments in between stages, if that sounds interesting.
>>
>>3176982
What is the easiest way to try Panzer Dragoon? I have a Xbox 360, PS3, and crappy computer. Will one of those let me play it somehow?
>>
File: 1337830-panzer_pc.jpg (217KB, 1092x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1337830-panzer_pc.jpg
217KB, 1092x1400px
>>3177385
Depends on how crappy your computer is.
>>
>>3171283
What is Duke Nukem doing on that box?
>>
>>3180463
shooting a robot
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.