[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

50Hz. :(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
50Hz. :(
>>
>>3168020
Get an american version and a decent TV that supports NTSC plus PAL?

Though I had an American SNES and a PAL Megadrive, enjoyed them both equally.
>>
>>3168020
SNES games are already appallingly slow as it is, I'd hate to imagine how playing them at 15% less fps would be like.
>>
>>3168115
Try using an american ROM with an emulator and limit the fps to 50 (you'll feel the slowdown).

Then try playing the european ROM with its default setting.

You will notice is not the same at all, playing Sonic in PAL I never noticed any difference against its NTSC version.
>>
>>3168153
That's because Sanic was one of the few games optimized for PAL.
>>
>>3168020
This picture can't be accurate because the SMW title screen in PAL is unique as it has extra lines
>>
>>3168047
>PAL Megadrive
Why?
>>
It is very easy to mod a console to run at both 50hz and 60hz.
>>
>>3168430
I think the most hilariously easy console to mod for 60hz is the early PAL Saturns.

Like, you don't even have to open up the console to mod it for 60hz. If you attach a switch to two pins sitting next to the battery at the rear battery hatch then that's it. Mod done.

I'm guessing those pins were there because Sega were contemplating having official PAL60 for Saturn at one point.
>>
>>3168430
This.

Most modded consoles will be able to play 100% of everything. Normal games, imports, rare PAL exclusives, you name it.

I went out of my way to import a PAL SNES and to do the supercic mod a few years back. Plays 100% of the library. Whereas a stock SNES from any region doesn't come anywhere near that.

>>3168020
There are a few PAL games that take full advantage of the higher resolution. /vr/'s favorite game Ecco the Dolphin being one. Not to mention PAL games that don't actually play slower than their NTSC counterparts.

I don't think the black bars or slight stretching are things most people would notice if you were just playing games. Consider that there are people out there who would stretch SMW to 16:9 and say it was better. Same deal with slowdown, most of the time it only becomes super obvious when compared side by side. IIRC there's a video on YouTube that clocks the PAL SMW as playing around 7% slower, which is significantly less than frequently cited 17%. Depends on the game I suppose.

But yeah, the whole world has easy access to imports, emulators, flash carts and everything else. Anyone can play anything at any speed or resolution they want these days.
>>
>>3168153
>>3168174
If you niggers are implying Sonic 1 was PAL optimized you're fucking lying.
>>
>>3168419
Why not? I can count the good games that run slow on my dick.
>>
>>3168047
It doesn't even need to be decent. Pretty much any European TV from the late 80's onwards supports NTSC.
>>
>>3168459
I'm implying that the NTSC version was optimized for NTSC, and the PAL version for PAL.

That's why if you crop the framerate of the NTSC version it feels slow, but the PAL version doesn't.
>>
>>3168419
I had a PAL only TV back then, so I asked the dude for a PAL version (was a second-hand store).

When I got the SNES I had to get a new TV.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 628x494px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 628x494px
>>3168430
>>
>>3168913
Sonic 1 in pal is like playing the game in slow motion
>>
File: This is a European Pokemon.png (125KB, 596x582px) Image search: [Google]
This is a European Pokemon.png
125KB, 596x582px
>>3168020
>>
Can we says that it is nearly everytime better to use the US roms for nearly every console? Or are they worthwhile exception?
>>
>>3169383
Games that didn't come out in America, like Terranigma.
>>
I play in french, when a text heavy game is translated, else i default to usa roms. Are they a lot of european exclusive game worthwhile? I know smurf and felix the cat on nes are great pal exclusive but i know no snes pal exclusive.
>>
>>3169383
PAL might be better for handheld games because they tend to include more languages.
>>
>>3168020
>tearing
>>
>>3168913
>but the PAL version doesn't.

Confirmed for troll spreading misinformation.
>>
>>3169563
It's also ridiculous because PAL does not 'crop' the screen. Bad conversions just distort the aspect ratio.
>>
>>3169428
>PAL
>handheld games
No such thing (although Virtual Boy is forced 50Hz).
>>
>>3169383
Wipeout
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 1200x1064px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 1200x1064px
>>3169508
>>
>>3169570
>No such thing
Were handheld games not released in Europe?
>>
>>3168625
How do you count on your dick?
>>
50Hz is clearly inferior, it's not even debatable.
>>
>>3169803
Yeah, do handheld games use color encoding in the US?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.