[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Top 10 PlayStation 1 games list >Metal Gear Solid is always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1c0789dff.jpg (30KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1c0789dff.jpg
30KB, 320x240px
>Top 10 PlayStation 1 games list
>Metal Gear Solid is always #1

>Top 10 Nintendo 64 games list
>Zelda is always #1

The fifth console generation wasn't exactly lacking in games. Why do top ten lists always look the same?
>>
>OoT
>bad

Oh boy this thread again.
>>
>>3166716

Could it be that most people don't play every game made for a system so it's more likely that they've only played a few of the most popular games?
>>
>>3166720
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying that it's a very overused pick for best game on the system when there's plenty to choose from. Same deal with Metal Gear Solid - both MGS and Zelda are fantastic games, but they are generic responses.
>>
>>3166716
#1 PS1 game: Einhander
#1 N64 game: F-Zero X

If it's not 60fps it's automatically disqualified.
>>
>>3166728
>OoT
>not the best game of the generation
Here we go.
>>
OP did you ever stop to consider that they're consistently on best game lists because they might just possibly in fact be the best games? Mind-blowing revelation I know, but there you go.
>>
>>3166716
If you ask people to name the top ten games on any system, you will get a lot of overlapping answers.

If you ask them to name the worst games, no two lists will be the same.
>>
>>3166716
Most human beings lack independent thinking: More news at 11
>>
Mediocrity is popular
>>
>>3166734
>#1 PS1 game: Einhander

Damn son, look at that shit ta-

>If it's not 60fps it's automatically disqualified.

Oh never mind, you're just baiting.
>>
>>3166716
Because they were good and sold a lot, hence they left a bigger impact on the public.

A game can be really good, one of the best of it's system, but if it didn't reach a big audience, then obviously, not as many will remember it, sales do matter (though a mediocre or bad game can obviously sell a lot too)
>>
5th gen stuff, particularly the early 3D stuff, frequently doesn't hold up at all. There are fairly few early 3D games that hold up at all to modern standards for controls or mechanics.

Comparatively someone's top ten saturn games would probably vary wildly from person to person because most of them have somewhat recognizable (but vastly more refined compared to previous generations) controls and mechanics.
>>
I've been flirting with the idea of making a tumblr or something dedicated to top 10 lists that leave out all the popular games you traditionally see on such lists.
>>
>>3166793
Like how music charts retire certain songs from lists?
>>
>>3166793
I'd like this.
>>
>>3166795
I guess? Point is everyone knows Zelda and Goldeneye will top an n64 chart, so why not cut that nonsense and give Mystical Ninja or Blast Corps a chance to shine?
>>
>>3166802
Sounds like an alright idea, try it out.
>>
>>3166770
Name better games then. 20fps/30fps shit certainly isn't.
>>
I feel like Star Fox 64 doesn't get enough credit. I consider it to be one of the very best and most replayable games on the N64 yet I never see it top those lists, and in fact, I sometimes don't even see it on top 10 lists at all.
>>
>>3166793
Top 10 "Top 10 List" runner ups.
>>
>>3166835
>muh arbitrary number determines fun

You must be a real hoot at parties
>>
>>3166881
60fps isn't arbitrary, it's the minimum framerate with tolerable flickering (flickering being necessary for good motion quality at such a low framerate). 50fps is close to 60fps, but 50fps is completely unacceptable because flicker perception is non-linear.
>>
>>3166902
>fps
>flicker
Stop, kiddo.
>>
Idk why they never switch it up and say vr missions is the best psx game. You get to fool around with all the fun mgs gameplay without being bogged down by 8 hours of cutscenes and codec calls
>>
>>3166906
>tolerating sample-and-hold blur or interpolation artifacts+latency
>>
>>3166978
You seem to be a retard. None of these things effect FPS.
>>
>>3166863
Sin and Punishment exists and is superior in every way.
>>
>>3166967
I kinda agree here. I played the demo for VR missions and that' what made me play MGS for the first time. I was actually disappointed at the result. VR missions is like distilled Konami/Kojima gameplay and strangeness.
>>
>>3166716
Do you really need to have popularity contests explained to you?
>>
>>3166716
>PS1
G-Darius
R-Type Delta
Colony Wars
Doom
Ghost in the Shell
Syphon Filter 2
Medal of Honor Underground
Rage Racer
Ace Combat 2
Soul Blade

Happy?
>>
>>3167003
Moonrune games don't count.
>>
>>3166734
>F-Zero X
Yep that's what I'd pick, it's basically the perfect game.
>>
>Top 10 SNES games list
>#1 - Final Fantasy III
>>
>>3166740
/thread
>>
>>3166716
Because the whole point of "Top Anything" lists is supposed to be mainstream and targeting the common denominator. Whether it be music, or movies, or games.
>>
>>3166770
>Einhander
>shit taste

u wot m8
>>
>>3166716
>thread gets "cleaned" of all references to modern games
>my post that talked about retro game sales rankings but quoted one that was quoting a modern game post was also cleaned.

Thanks, god forbid a thread have actual discussion, janitors.
>>
>>3170049
I love FF III, but would easily put Super Metroid and LttP before it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.