[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think when IT happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: apose2.jpg (15KB, 432x398px) Image search: [Google]
apose2.jpg
15KB, 432x398px
My Final Fantasy order was 1-6-7, so it completely took me by surprise.
Had I played 4 first, sure I'd have been expecting party members to die every 2 seconds, but Aeris's death genuinely surprised me.
So much so that I was one of those guys searching for 'how to revive Aeris' back in the early days of the internet.
Granted I never did any of the rumors (collect 99 tissues, get 99 gold chocobos, max out all your materia), but it was a genuine shock.
What did you think?
>>
File: nice.jpg (144KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
144KB, 800x675px
>>3154504
Well, we the Euro-blessed were thankfully spared of the upsetting suddenness of the event, pic related

Still, not having had it spoiled for you must have been a statistical aberration, at least if you were in school back then
>>
>>3154528
She could just be taking a nap in some water.
>>
>>3154530
I don't think anybody remember the back cover when her death happen. You reach the end of disc one after 20-30 Hours.
>>
File: nei.png (157KB, 290x400px) Image search: [Google]
nei.png
157KB, 290x400px
My heart was already broken
>>
>>3154504
I got super lucky with it. I'd been spoiled that someone died and was assuming it was going to be her but I had a friend who was really rushing through. He mentioned something about it and I told him I'd already guessed it was Aeris. He looked shocked and said it wasn't her, and because he was generally a really trustworthy guy I believed him.

So when the scene hit I was taken very off guard, and was very glad my friend played it cool with me.
>>
>>3154504
I was already spoilt.
>>
>watching my big brother play the game
>he fucking hates her for some reason
>he says out loud "well, at least she dies in a few hours"
>mfw
>>
>>3154602

the worst part about this was how casual the bitch at the cloning facility is. also don't you use those facilities repeatedly before the plot death?
>>
>>3154504

I was seven and cried while fighting Jenova-life. I didn't care about reviving her as I knew that would be impossible.
>>
A little bit glad that I didn't waste any time with her. I found her useless as a party member and she got the boot once I could kick her out.
>>
File: Clone_tech_ps2.png (5KB, 360x385px) Image search: [Google]
Clone_tech_ps2.png
5KB, 360x385px
>>3154602
>>3154664
You're not going to cry are you? Little bitch
>>
File: Alys.png (41KB, 200x238px) Image search: [Google]
Alys.png
41KB, 200x238px
>>3154528

I remember seeing that screen shot in a lot of magazines too. In fact every walk through and guide save Versus seemed to go out of the way to spoil it.

>>3154602

It doesn't get easier
>>
>>3154693

Fuck off you old hag.
>>
>>3154693
Let me do some bullshit fanoning to fix that plot hole.

>In an attempt to remove the threat of Rolf and crew, Neifirst accessed the Mother Brain network from Climatrol in an attempt to erase their DNA records from the clone labs.

>Of course, she didn't know their names or have samples of their DNA. However, as she and Nei would have identical DNA, she was cross-reference the biolab data with the clone lab data, and erase Nei's clone lab records.

>Moments later, Neifirst is slain along with Nei and she is taken to the clone lab. Clone Lab Grandma says "It appears that the record for Nei was erased not even an hour ago."

That fixes the plot hole, makes sense in-universe, and gives a legitimate "I get the last laugh!" to the player.
>>
It was spoiled in the same game review in a magazine where I first read about the game. Never even heard about this series before.

The coverage was about the PC version, I had no consoles back than, we only had a PC.

I had literally 0 chance to avoid this spoiler. The game was still pretty good despite having this moment spoiled. I can only wonder what it could have been like going in there blind.
>>
>>3154819
As someone who didn't have it ruined. It was amazing.
Think 'The Sixth Sense' or 'I am your father' level of amazing.
>>
"Galuf's was better."
>>
>>3154664
I figured her DNA was connected to Neifirst somehow and one couldn't live without the other.

Then once you get off world and more leveled why not clone Neifirst too? She wouldn't be a problem to keep in check at that point.
>>
>>3154915

that's being incredibly generous

>>3155030
>Then once you get off world and more leveled why not clone Neifirst too?

Because if Nei got strong so wouldn't Nei first
>>
File: climatrol[1].png (563KB, 3102x3332px) Image search: [Google]
climatrol[1].png
563KB, 3102x3332px
>>3155074
She'd be underleveled by then. You can't even get her to level right if you game shark her back to life. She could just stay back at the hut and have babies Chichi style.

Posting Climatrol because bigger than all of Midgar with hostile randoms
>>
>>3155106
>She'd be underleveled by then.

Don't mix narrative and gameplay mechanics
>>
>>3155116
Why? Sometimes characters are gone for a whole and never manage to catch up. That's not mechanics that's reality.
>>
>>3154504
When I was a kid playing JRPGs I would always put the girls in my party. My first JRPG was BoFI so it started with Nina and Bleu. When I was 8ish and playing through FFVII for the first time I even renamed Aeris to Nina. She was always in my party and I made her my main magic user. I was sad when she left the party and heartbroken when she died.

Now I much prefer Yuffie over Tifa and Aeris.
>>
>>3157629
>Now I much prefer Yuffie over Tifa
Blasphemy
>>
>>3154593
>You reach the end of disc one after 20-30 Hours.
what

It took me about 16 hours to reach the end of disc 1, and then I reached the end of disc 2 at around the 24 hour mark. It's really not a very long game.
>>
File: yuffie kiss.gif (2MB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
yuffie kiss.gif
2MB, 288x216px
>>3157650

Yuffie is best girl and Tifa is a bimbo
>>
>>3157650
Yuffie had the 3x materia growth weapon.
>>
>>3158484
Unacceptable

>>3158495
Acceptable
>>
>>3158505
Do you really need to minmax FF7? What's the point, the enemies on the sunken submarine give you a boatload of AP anyway.
>>
>>3158509
With Yuffie they gave you 3 boatloads.
>>
File: Yuffie.jpg (134KB, 311x372px) Image search: [Google]
Yuffie.jpg
134KB, 311x372px
>>3158505
>Unacceptable

It's the truth, mate. Tifa's just some vapid idiot while the sass master reigns supreme.
>>
File: 61N5U34atnL._UL1500_.jpg (120KB, 917x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61N5U34atnL._UL1500_.jpg
120KB, 917x1500px
>>3154504
>What did you think?
Thank God it wasn't Tifa.
>>
>>3158509
>Do you really need to minmax FF7? What's the point

Superbosses.
>>
>>3155106
That is why we need a hack for PSII where we could have Nei brought back, or doesn't even die but only if she wasn't resurrected at the Labs before Climatrol is completed and she defeated Neifirst on her own.

I mean I am sure some of you must have thought of it at least, right?
>>
>>3158509
Master Materia. Getting every Materia and Mastering it and bringing it to Bugenhagen after you get the Big Materia gives you the Master Materia of each type. It is well fucking worth it as you get no stat penalties when you equip them. (Also after mastering a Materia, you get a free copy of that one, but at level 0)
>>
I was in grade school at the time. (My mom who didnt lice with us gave me a ps, ff7 and re2 foe my 6th birthday). My little brother, big sister and I used to claim characters in tv shows and stuff all the time. My brother was cloud, my sister claimed tifa and I claimed Aerith and we named them as such (which is kinda weird now, but you dont see romantic context like that in the 2nd grade so much).

We had a rule about only playing it together (we were only allowed to play video fames for a half hour a day each). My brother broke it when he was home sick one day and when I came in the door he saw me and immediately started laughing and going "you died you died you died!" I told him to use a phoenix down then and when he said i couldnt, I was just more upset that a. I walked in on the burial bit and b. I was effectively written out of our sibling adventure story.

I was Yuffie since.

Playing the entire game on my own since then allowed me to understand a lot more of the game. It's still one of the better deaths in games simply because they did a good job leading up to it. It wasnt randomly shoved down your throat but they werent dead obvious about it either.
>>
>>3154504
I cried and i was angry at sepiroth
>>
>>3159094
r u a grill?
>>
>>3159020
>That is why we need a hack for PSII where we could have Nei brought back,

Use a moon dew on her.
>>
>>3154504
I was all like:
FINALLY SOMETHING IS HAPPENING IN THE
STORY TO MAKE ME GIVE A SHIT BEYOND
"OH HEY, HERE'S A JAPANESE RETELLING OF
METROPOLIS".
>>
>>3159142
Sounds pretty obvious. Anyone that would skip on being Barret is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>3159020
Can't be done. You can shark her back but she doesn't level up right and is useless. There's a Japanese PS2vre-release where you can but it's a real grind to do it.
>>
>>3158647
Tifa is Cloud's true love, always. She even kept her mouth shut about it when she knew he was probably fucked up in the head she cared so much.
>>
>>3158495
No she didnt.
Only cloud and cid have 3x growth weapons.
Yuffie could do full damage with morph using her ultimate wepon tho...
>>
>>3159984
She literally sewed his conciousness back together then fucked him under the highwind.
O.g 'special friend' right there
>>
>>3158965
She looks like Dopey the dwarf in that pic.
>>
>>3154504
i played ff7 about a year after it came out and i didnt have the internet or anything, so it was still very fresh to me. i was sad when it happened, but i bought into the lifestream stuff so i felt like it wasnt the worst since she returned to the earth. tifa was my girl anyway because she had big hometown titties and was a bartender. never tried to revive aeris, just kind of accepted it. felt a little ripped off actually because i leveled her up super high and invested a lot of time and gil into her.
>>
>>3159984
>She even kept her mouth shut about it when she knew he was probably fucked up in the head she cared so much.

That's bad though. You know what's gonna happen to anyone in relationship with Tifa? They're gonna get bored. They're goinbg to run out of shit to say because she's a timid vapid airhead doormat who can't challenge anything or talk to people on an adult level. She's a trophy waifu and sooner rather than later you're gonna tired of staring at her brainless face from across the dinner table, say you're going out to get some smokes and NEVER coming back.

and that's a best case scenario.
>>
>>3160779
>timid
Picked up a 6 foot sword out of her father's corpse and bumrushed the world's most legendary war hero - at 13.
>>
>>3160831
>Got smacked down like the stupid bitch she was instantly.
>Spent the rest of the game hoping Cloud would look at her
>Couldn't confront the obvious crazy person who was becoming an active detriment to their quest
>>
>>3160852
>A 13yr old doesn't beat a legendary warrior
>This means she's a bad character

t. Aerisfag
>>
>>3160779
That chinky effeminate Cloud is so disgusting to look at. Even the remake looks far better.
>>
>>3160779
You're just the worst kind of person
>>
>>3160779
better than a slum walking prostitute who will never love you more than her dead bf.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.