[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post the weakest character in a game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 38

File: Marle_default.jpg (38KB, 233x451px) Image search: [Google]
Marle_default.jpg
38KB, 233x451px
Post the weakest character in a game.
>>
File: 5-capture_11012011_093616.png (34KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
5-capture_11012011_093616.png
34KB, 512x480px
When the best thing you can do is die then you're a pretty crap character.
>>
File: 200px-Mallow[1].gif (18KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Mallow[1].gif
18KB, 200x203px
>>
File: 4559488227_b1c7cef072_b.jpg (752KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4559488227_b1c7cef072_b.jpg
752KB, 805x1024px
>>
>>3127640
bard or rogue
>>
>>3127705
Which gam?
>>
File: SF_Yogurt.png (106KB, 350x457px) Image search: [Google]
SF_Yogurt.png
106KB, 350x457px
hay guys what's going on this thread
>>
>>3127707
the first bard's tale game, but they are meant to be support chars anyway
>>
>>
File: Muscle Power.jpg (113KB, 260x397px) Image search: [Google]
Muscle Power.jpg
113KB, 260x397px
>>
>>3127698
I dunno. 2 mp to clear out a group of squishies is pretty good. I'd argue that Bowser was weakest.
>>
>>3127814
How so? I've not played a lot of SMRPG, but, I always thought Bowser was pretty good.
>>
File: Prince of Cannock.jpg (61KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Cannock.jpg
61KB, 500x357px
Pic related, Prince of Cannock after a random battle
>>
File: 14388521684246.png (173KB, 1158x507px) Image search: [Google]
14388521684246.png
173KB, 1158x507px
>>3127860
I don't understand this joke, Prince of Cannock and Princess of Moonbrooke have about the same durability.
>>
File: Lufia 2 - Tia.jpg (127KB, 467x623px) Image search: [Google]
Lufia 2 - Tia.jpg
127KB, 467x623px
>>
>>3127876
level difference
>>
>>3127882
Look at their experience.
Princess of Moonbrooke just gains level slower. She also have a lower level cap, so even if you maximize their stats, she still won't surpass him at any point.
>>
>>3127892
Doesn't he also come in late to the party? Maybe it's referencing how underleveled he is.
>>
>>3127895
No, Prince of Cannock is recruited first.
In fact it's Princess of Moonbrooke that suffers from low experience.
>>
File: Gobi.jpg (641KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gobi.jpg
641KB, 1024x1024px
>thread about shit characters
>No Gobi
>Magic only usable underwater
>Even then his magic is shitty
>Only underwater for very brief amounts of time
>Shit tier stats
>>
>>3127892
Better stat gains and armor selection, plus her spells are more useful. Even with the level difference she'll have higher viability.

The only time PoC is useful is in the new phone version, where they raised his max strength but kept the attack stat limited to on kilobyte. If you give him a falcon sword he'll hit slightly harder than Midenhall.
>>
>>3127843
Bowser has great base stats but unforgivably bad equipment.
He's intended to be a powerhouse but he quickly ends up weaker than both Mario and Geno. There's no reason to use him beyond just liking the character by Lands End.
>>
File: Spelunker.jpg (45KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spelunker.jpg
45KB, 360x360px
>>
>>3127797
Nope. He's actually really good. His lariat has plus frames on block and his 360 throw has insane reach. Every character is viable in that game, but... why would anyone play that piece of garbage?
>>
>>3127719
>>3127705
Bard isn't that bad. The instruments are pretty useful, the bard songs give some decent bonuses and they're combat skills aren't horrible.
Rogues on the other hand have nothing to show for, you're best off using TRZP to open chests instead.

Thieves/rogues being shit is a common element in those games. Disarming chests is their only notable ability and sometimes there are other classes that can do it and more.
Robbers in M&M1 are particularly bad because they constantly screw up disarming and the traps blow up on you.
>>
File: Meru-Info.jpg (46KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Meru-Info.jpg
46KB, 500x350px
One playthough I actually maxed all her additions and there was still no reason to use her over any of the other characters.
>>
File: albioncz-rainer.png (92KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
albioncz-rainer.png
92KB, 360x240px
I kept him unconscious most of the time so he didn't steal XP.
>>
>>3127994
Ah alright, I can believe that. I remember the only time I played I got stuck with him trying to Solo the bird in the sky and it was just hellish. I just thought I was bad because I was fairly young when I played it, but, that makes more sense. It's most likely a combination of the both and being severely under leveled since I didn't like to grind.

In comparison, who are the strongest members? I usually find people listing characters in games I like really interesting for some reason.
>>
>>3128243
Mario, Geno and Peach are the best endgame party by far.
Mario and Geno are great attackers with solid specials, Geno Boost is a great buff move, and Peach is the single most broken white mage I've ever seen in a videogame. If you equip her with the lazy shell armor its impossible to lose.
>>
>>3128243
In SMRPG? Peach was an absolute necessity because Group Hug was a good party heal that also cured status ailments for a paltry cost of 4 MP. Geno also had a lot of versatility from stat buffs, good damage and magic, and the use of Geno Whirl against normal enemies and Exor. Mallow had cheap spells (and powerful spells) to keep mobs at bay and HP rain, which was useful before you get Peach and can still be used in a pinch. Mario has to be in the party but hits like a truck anyway.

Bowser had good HP and defense but his damage was average and his spells were overpriced for what they did, which wasn't much to begin with.
>>
>>3128246
Mah nigga.
>>
>>3128246
>>3128259
Peach is both broken AND an absolute necessity (unless you're self imposing challenges) because she's the only character with a group heal. Super Mario RPG is so unbalanced when it comes to characters, and the lazy shell definitely does not help.

I made a point of not using her in my end party last time I replayed it, and even with Mallow you had to micromanage stuff all the time. For normal players there's really no reason not to use Peach, and using her leads to abusing her insanely broken skills.
>>
File: Umaro_II.jpg (192KB, 737x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Umaro_II.jpg
192KB, 737x1000px
>no Umaro

>>3127918
The mole dude was even worse. Shit tier stats, joins you way too late in the game and at a low level, no magic at all, his special ability can be replicated by a cheap item. At least both him and Gobi made for Karn transformation fodder, but those were so gamebreaking they were tantamount to cheating
>>
File: latest[1].png (161KB, 353x417px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
161KB, 353x417px
More like Cait Shit.
>>
>>3128848
When building the puppet, why did he go with the ziggy of moogles?
>>
>>3128848
His limit breaks are hit and miss unless you know how to manipulate the slot reels. Outside of that hes a blank slate like everyone else in combat.
>>
>>3128118

except for the fact that she gets like 3 turns for everyone else's one
>>
>>3128848
I was that kid who used Caith Sith and Yuffie when I played FF7 for some awful reason.
>>
>>3128118
>weakest character thread
>posts the strongest character from a game
what?
>>
>>3128946
But Limit Breaks are what makes the characters. Cait has the worst breaks in the game
>>
>>3130921
isn't one of the results of his limit literally just "you automatically win"
>>
>>3130937
very rare for it to happen
>>
File: Freedyamamoto01.gif (26KB, 152x410px) Image search: [Google]
Freedyamamoto01.gif
26KB, 152x410px
motherfucker belongs in a garbage can but forces himself onto your party like gonorrhea.
>>
>>3130943
Git gud, mate. The slots are entirely under your control.
>>
>>3130956
Truth. Sith > yuffie. Even forcing myself to use her, she never got remotely on par with anyone else.
>>
>>3128848
I don't know why such a stupid joke made me laugh so hard

spit out my drink and everything
>>
>>3130951
YOU belong in a garbage can
>>
File: garrick.gif (17KB, 109x170px) Image search: [Google]
garrick.gif
17KB, 109x170px
>>
>>3127665
Squeak, toot and snort are all good skills
>>
Hahn from Phantasy Star IV. Straight pussy. In story, and in combat.
>>
>>3130951
Yeah, that prick needs to stay in the Convoy.
>>
File: Orlandu.jpg (530KB, 860x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Orlandu.jpg
530KB, 860x1648px
>>
File: latest.png (1MB, 740x1044px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 740x1044px
>>
>>3127665
Like most creatures, they're for poaching.
>>
>>3130809
Yuffie was fine
>>
>>3132247
But she has the strongest mech in the game...
>>
>>3132070
>Like most creatures, they're for poaching.
From a strictly mechanical standpoint, Yuffie is one of the more powerful FF7 characters.
>>
File: AOaBl.jpg (245KB, 1240x1745px) Image search: [Google]
AOaBl.jpg
245KB, 1240x1745px
>>3132247
>another pleb who can't use the best mage in the game
>>
File: gayomancer.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
gayomancer.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
Fucking useless, especially that one skill that works only on a one-time map
>>
File: roger1.gif (95KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
roger1.gif
95KB, 480x480px
>>
>>3132350
This has gotta be a joke. It's harder to get her to hit 9999, her final limit has few hits, her health is garbage. I'll take anyone over her. Gimme Cait sith and Tifa before forcing this chaff on me.

>>3132381
Actually, one or two in the mix is useful. Oracles are 100% crap though.
>>
>>3127876
You get Prince of Cannock well before Moonbrooke. She's a spellcaster and robe user and inherently underleveled due to joining the party hours after PoC. She won't ever catch up to the rest of the party in level, especially because her levels come slower.

Despite all this, look at those stats. At level 25, over 20 fucking levels lower than the Prince of Cannock, the Princess of Moonbrooke's HP is only 17 lower, and her defense is higher. Her fucking DEFENSE is higher. She can take an axe to the face better than Prince of Cannock. Higher agility, higher vitality, higher defense, over 20 levels behind.

The main character is a straight up melee beast, and the princess is more durable than the prince. So of the three you're most likely to have Prince of Cannock eat shit in battle.
>>
>>3127814
This.

Mallow sucks in boss fights without thunder/ice weaknesses, but he's god-tier for normal encounters.

Pretty much every boss should be Mario/Geno/Toadstool, though.

>>3127640
Hard to disagree with this one. Robo is the only one who really comes close.
>>
>>3133001
> Robo is the only one who really comes close.

Wat? Robo is the best character in the game.
>>
File: noel.jpg (26KB, 158x482px) Image search: [Google]
noel.jpg
26KB, 158x482px
>Worst damage spells in the game
>Worse healing than Rena
>Is a mage in a game where tech users are much stronger
>Has the lamest dialogue

"SHOULDN'T YOU RUN AWAAAY?"
>>
>>3133013
He's slow as shit. He is involved in the best triple tech in the game but as a standalone character he's ass.

The top two is pretty set in stone as Crono and Ayla, and Lucca/Magus fight for 3rd. Frog and robo are about on the same tier after that and marle is last, though not by much
>>
>>3133046
You are insane. Just a couple speed tabs and Robo is the best character in the game.
>>
You guys are arguing semantics.

CT is an easy game and you can roll the final boss with any character combo

You might win 4 turns sooner with crono, ayla, and magus vs frog, marle, and robo
>>
>>3132828
Prolly played through the game about 4 times. I've never let that sucker out of the cage. Not once, never will.
>>
>>3133076
>Hurr durr all characters are equal, no such thing as tiers

>Hurr durr don't fucking discuss character differences because it bothers me

Shut the fuck up and get fucked.
>>
I don't understand how people say Ayla is one of the best CT characters, I always drop her as soon as possible.
She's bad at multi-targeting, Triple Kick is just as strong as Flare or Dark Matter (actually even weaker at high levels), and by the point that you get Gold Studs, normal attacks become mostly useless.

She's bad at healing, she's subpar at dealing damage and her defense isn't that big deal either.
Even her level 99 gimmick isn't reliable.
>>
>>3132957
>Oracles are 100% crap though.
Oracles have excellent crippling skills, can permanently raise faith and hit from one square away. hardly crap, unlike gayromancers.
>>
ANY AND ALL BLUE MAGES
FUCK BLUE MAGES
>>
>>3132381
>>3132381
Geomancers have garbage skills, but their gear selection is top notch. Fast, wears clothes, uses swords, decent PA and MA.

I'm sure you wouldn't think of them as useless once you've tried fielding a geo-samurai.
>>
>>3132365
he didn't post a picture of Billy tho
>>
>>3133202
I'm with you. She's always been B-team. Then again, I think OP is way off too. Marle is A-team material with her healing abilities and her badass combo-techs. If you're using her to swing for physical damage, you're a fucking moron. The only reason to swing physically with her is if you want to do status effects for some reason.

>>3133206
I never needed to cripple people. I'm not the kind of person who wants to spend an hour frogging everyone in the battle and autobattling move>JP all night while I sleep. As for faith, I never had an issue with it in game nor felt like investing in it. I did my entire first playthrough with Geomancers though. Some of their shit is garbage (waterball, wind whatever it was on rooftops) but then you have ones like when they're on stone and they just fucking petrify everyone. They're not the best, but there are worse classes. Honestly, I hate ninjas. I don't want to blow all my fucking money throwing spears and shit and their cheap throwables do shit damage.
>>
>>3133225
I didn't say Ayla is worse than Marle though.
Ayla is still useful against situational bosses like the 3 Lavos Spawn, the 3 Mutants from Black Omen, Queen Zeal and Dream Devourer.
Marle fails as a healer and her offensive play is only ok when Lucca is in your party.
>>
>>3133202
She's the strongest physical attacker, has really solid dual techs and her charm ability is incredibly useful.

She has the best synergy with Crono and Robo, who are the two best characters in the game so if you're going for an optimal party you should be using them.
>>
>>3133086

Don't cut yourself on all that edge
>>
>>3133209
Quina is extremely strong with minimal effort, though.
>>
>>3128848
Thought it was a cool character. Shame he was useless. And also not a real talking cat. I was disappointed.
>>
File: Kongol_dragoon.jpg (98KB, 668x633px) Image search: [Google]
Kongol_dragoon.jpg
98KB, 668x633px
He was pretty damn cool until you actually got him.
>>
>>3133681
Assuming you know where to get his best blue magics of course.
>>
>>3133726
You just have to eat all the enemies you come across. Sure that can mean slightly extended battles, since you have to get them very low but not kill them, but its definitely worth it for the ridiculous spells they get.
>>
>>3133708
I dont Know Kongol is actually really good all you have to do is give him the bandit's shoes or the Bandit's ring and you get one of those from the boss fight right before you get him
>>
>>3133835
His problem's not just speed, even though speed is king in LoD due to multiple turns.

>Shit magic stat, when Dragoon revolves around magic stat
>Shit magical resist, though the casque exists
>Shit additions, though the ease of obtaining the final and strength make up for that

Every character in LoD is good in some way, but Kongol just has the most/worst cons.
>>
>>3127640
>>3127698

>not knowing how to use magic

these characters can 1 shot kill entire groups of enemies. stop being bad
>>
>>3133870
Also he doesn't get his dragon form until the last dungeon.
>>
>>3133209
Blue magic Enemy Skill Materia is the most powerful and game breaking magic in FF7 at least. Gitgood.
>>
>>3133889
Are you daft? They're still the weakest when compared to the other characters.
>>
>>3133896

for me that was the worst thing, he got it way too late.
>>
>>3127995
/thread
>>
>>3133896
there is a way to get it early but you have to buy it in Lohan
>>
>>3132247
Do u even Siebzehn, breh?
>>
>>3133889
Marle has shit damage output compared to Lucca and her heals are worse than Robo's, she's just awful.
>>
>>3130951
Yeah why was this guy forced so much? I can't even remember his plot significance.
>>
Ok, final argument.

Marle is good at early and mid game, but bad at late game.
She can't heal multiple characters, she becomes bad at inflicting damage.
She's still useful to steal items and cast Lifeline, a spell absolutely necessary to defeat bosses at low levels.

Lucca is ok at early and mid game, and good at late game.
With Flare she's as strong as Magus, but have much better defensive gear, such as Prism Dress and Angel's Tiara in the DS version.

Frog is good at early and mid game, but falls behind at late game.
He has good normal attacks and is a good healer too, but sucks at offensive techs.

Robo is bad at early game, ok at mid game and broken at late game.
You really have to fix his speed and magic, but once you do, he becomes the best healer, and top tier at offensive spells and physical damage too.

Ayla is good at early and mid game, but situational at late game.
Once you get Golden Studs, spamming Luminaire, Flare, Dark Matter and Shock is much better than anything Ayla has to offer. There are still some enemies that you won't want to multi-target though, and of course, you need her to steal items.

Magus only exists at late game, and he's just ok
His only job is to cast offensive spells, and he's worse than Crono and Lucca at it, useful while Crono isn't in your party only.
>>
>>3134325
This is a pretty good write up, dividing them in early, mid, late game makes more sense than generic tier lists.
>>
>>3133046
Robo is the only character who can pull off a full heal of your entire party with just a single-tech. He's the third strongest physical attacker. He's also the fourth strongest magical attacker, as a result of his powerful techniques, regardless of his lackluster magic stat.
>>
>>3134325
Chrono-Ayla-Lucca will absolutely curb-stomp every single fight where you don't need healing, due to a combination of very powerful double-techs and single-techs, and by virtue of being made up of the three highest damage potential characters you can have. You COULD put Magus in there, but you'd be sacrificing single-target and physical damage for more multi-target magic damage than you'll ever find a use for.

Chrono-Lucca-Robo on the other hand, is the strongest defensive party and the easiest party to use to beat Lavos at the ocean palace, unquestionably the hardest fight of the game.

Chrono-Robo-Ayla instead gives extremely high single-target damage, and will roll over most boss fights faster than any other team is capable of just by spamming multi-hit single-techs, or even just attacking normally.

Aside from that, Ayla is the only one who can do 9999 damage with a regular physical attack while completely naked.
>>
If you didn't roll Magus/Ayla/Robo, you were a faggot.
>>
Crono+Ayla+Robo master race.
>>
>>3134462
>single target

Wow bitch. You forgot all about Twister and Falcon Dive.

Falcon dive is fucking great for taking out all 3 Lavos pieces at once.

Twister is good for raping everything but the last Lavos stage.
>>
>>3128118
She's the strongest character in the game. Only one that is comparable is Haschel. Speed is the godlike stat in Legend of Dragoon anon.
>>
File: Hahn_portrait.png (172KB, 260x680px) Image search: [Google]
Hahn_portrait.png
172KB, 260x680px
I still liked him. Gave me a Bowman from Star Ocean kind of vibe.
>>
>>3134542
Twister is just as strong as Luminaire + Shock, but slower and requires 3 characters.
Why people don't realize that double and triple techs are useless gimmicks most of the time?
>>
And thats why Phantasy Star 4 is better.
>>
>>3134586
Because the game is cake and trying to min max it like an autist is retarded.

It's better to use the party you like and have the most fun with.
>>
>>3133046
You and me played two different games. All characters are replacable in the game, but Robo does everything every other character can do. He can take a punch, he has the best heal in the game, and he can dish out a shit ton of damage with the Uzi punch. Hell, if you went out of your way to bitchslap people with the Crisis arm, there is little that can stay in your way. He's probably the best character in the game.
>>
>>3128838
The lazy shell doesn't help. The safety pin protects status and provides a lot of spell immunity
>>
>>3133708
I liked the fact that none of his additions can be countered, but his magic defense kills him unless you have the legend casque
>>
freed y and the squirrels - suikoden 2
malak - FFT
Gilbert - FFIV
Umaro - FFVI
Quistis - FFVIII
Korcha - chrono cross
>>
>>3134605
This.

Also, spoiler, but crono's death < alys' death
>>
>>3132164
Except the best one requires beast master support ability and then you're stuck using a slow, weak class for moves that can be substituted by other members of your party a lot easier. If they had range to their abilities I could see some justification but they're just not worth it. This is coming from someone who loves the monsters in FFT as well. The only ones that might be as useless are the Woodmen or Treants.

>>3132301
There are some good ones, like Red Chocobo and Tiamat, or ones that have gimmicks that can work. I agree though a lot of monsters were sadly trash, that actually made them fun for me to use in challenge runs though.

>>3132381
100% never miss damage with excellent equipment selection and decent stats make them more than usable. Far from the worst class in the game.

>>3132957
Oracles are amazing, what are you on about. They do health percentage damage which rips bosses to pieces and have a slew of useful status effects that help your party and hinder your enemy. Sticks are also amazing weapons due to being lances that run off of MA.
>>
>>3134892
>Quistis and not Rinoa
>Malak, the second highest damage output character in the game
the others are pretty shit though
>>
>>3135113
>Someone else who enjoys using the monsters in FFT
my nigga.

Sadly, the reason Woodmen and Treants ended up useless was because someone at square decided "Hey, how about we give their abilities no vertical range in a game where elevation changes are everywhere", though their 0% evade doesn't help. Still, the best of the monsters, like you said, are the red chocobo and Tiamat, though I'd add the Behemoths too, as even without their beastmaster abilities they're still walking tanks.

My favorite monster had to be the Cockatoris. They seem to have way more attack than they should and are some of the most mobile things in the game.
>>
>>3133217
This. Geomancers are criminally underrated. If you have one with mid-to-high Faith, you can inflict negative statuses from afar, for one. And that Geo/Sam setup is always a fun thing to have. I had a Geo/Sam setup with Equip Gun on a female with a Chantage, and she was an immortal wrecking machine at most ranges.
>>
File: marvel.jpg (7KB, 130x133px) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
7KB, 130x133px
I mean, you can fix her, you just have to
Win the Tataroy Arena with her
Then level up her 7-Star Secret Skill
Then spam Flare and Thunder orb until you learn Southern Cross and Galaxy
Then unlock her Manual Dexterity talent
Then craft a Holy Orb

Then and only then she will be half as strong as any other mage that doesn't require any special treatment.

Fortunately you can build tech chains with her, since the game treats her as a fighter, so she can cast twice as fast.
>>
>>3135151
Yeah, they're a lot of fun to use. I've done several Mediator Ramza Four Monster challenges in the past because of it. Even in casual playthroughs I'll slap a monster on.

My favorite underrated monster is actually the ghost family personally. I like their skills, both the base level and the highest level, and they're fairly useful. Drain touch is ridiculous about zodiac monsters, and sleep touch is useful against normal mobs.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 200x261px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 200x261px
1. Watt
POWER GAP
2. Lakilester
3. Parakarry
4. Bow
5. Sushi
POWER GAP
6. Goombario
7. Bombette
8. Kooper
>>
>>3134605
desu Chaz is an annoying little shit and the main reason I will never ever finish that game is because of how much better literally everything about it would be if Chaz died instead. Fucking badass space cop qt3.14 actual adult mid-twenties female who gets the job done or another fucking adolescent male learning how to not be thick as a fucking brick, which would I rather have as a MC

fuck that game and it's cliches
>>
>>3135248
Bow is such a qt tsundere I'm really not at all ashamed that I fapped to a ghost and used her as much as possible
>>
File: Craffta.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Craffta.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>3135265
My man
>>
>>3135120
Rinoa + Angel Wing + Meteor = HOLY FUCK
>>
>>3135248
Parakarry is easily better than Lakilester.
>>
>>3135258
Game starts with strong female lead who perma-dies and forces you to continue your quest with b-team and drag chump asshole through some character development.
>cliché

You need to either look up the definition or play a game from the past 20 years. It may not have been your cup of tea, but it was far from cliche.
>>
File: puff off.jpg (63KB, 558x702px) Image search: [Google]
puff off.jpg
63KB, 558x702px
This bitch.
So glad she got sick.
>>
>>3136005
fuck you, sue was a qt
>>
>>3128259
I never used peach as a kid. Gave the lazy shell to mario and just used bowser as a fight/item dude.
>>
>>3136005
I was so pissed that I wasted magic eggs or whatever on her when I played this.
>>
>>3133889
Magic is bottom tier in CT, due to the fact that most of the characters can use just one element so they couldn't go wild with weaknesses. What you do is spam physical techs all day long, and keep some magic for the token gimmick enemy that's immune to physical damage.
>>
>>3134462
>9999 damage
If you grind like a spaz. In a game that can be finished in 15 hours.
>>
>>3128124
Question is how would you know that's a valid strategy on a blind playthrough.
Yeah he was awful in combat and he leaves the party pretty early which makes him not only trash but also a trap. Terrible design, but the game is still amazing.
>>
>>3127715
jogurt leveled up! he's now a lvl 1 YGRT
>>
>>3134313

There was none...that was the biggest rage trigger.
Nanami(from the same game) had the excuse of being your big sister, and Gremio(from the previous game) had the excuse of being your personal butler. Freed always came up with some Mcguffin excuse to take up a slot that could have gone to a vastly more useful character.
>>
File: avatar_351aaedb4483_96.png (11KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
11KB, 96x96px
>>
>>3134325

pretty good writeup.

>>3127640

people often rag on Marle and Frog (especially Marle), but chrono/marle/frog is a surprisingly effective party. that's the combo I use for ocean palace lavos.
>>
File: BLMinidevil.png (264KB, 394x660px) Image search: [Google]
BLMinidevil.png
264KB, 394x660px
I kept thinking maybe there was something they could do that would make them useful, but they were just straight up shit.
I'd love for someone to prove me wrong, though.
>>
>>3137206
Skate is the second strongest fighter in the game. His weakness lies in the fact that all his high-damage moves are very risky and leave him open to counter attacks. Roller press, blitz headbutt, migrane, both his throws, and the stomach crunch (hold from front, back+B), and his backflip (B+C) are all very powerful and can do mixups - as long as the enemy does not throw a punch to knock him out of the air.

The weakest in SOR2 would have to be Blaze. She has no strong points. Not fast enough, not strong enough, no good combos. About all she can do is the karate chop press and then judo slam or back throw.
>>
>>3134325
Magus is a jack of all trades, master of none. His skills are actually stronger than all the others' versions, but the rest of the cast simply has access to better skills (for ex. Magus throws a stronger Lightning2 than Chrono, but Chrono can do Luminaire).

Ayla in late game out damages any enemy on a 1v1 fight, since the other characters are more useful because they have full screen nukes - but those can't do 9999 damage on a crit.

But more importantly, if an enemy has an elemental weakness but impenetrable defense, then Ayla is the best way to properly damage them. Double techs like that ice glacier thing, they'll use Aylas strength for damage with elemental charge to act on enemies weaknesses.

It's been a while, but as I recall those moves were the most powerful against all bosses where the elemental defense could be used against them. Spekkio, most notably.
>>
>>3137390

I'd argue that Frog and Robo are the true jacks of all trades, with Robo as the superior choice (provided you give him speed tabs).

Magus is a decent fighter and offensive mage. he really shines when Chrono's gone, and he's useful on some of the sidequests. wiping out groups of enemies on Death Peak with Magus' powered up spells was fun.
>>
Me. I am the weakest link in any game I play.
>>
>>3137426
I wish there was a way I could buy you a beer for that one. This post right here? This needs to be said more often by more people on this site.
>>
>>3132957
>her final limit has few hits
One hit, and nobody with half a brain uses All Creation more than once in their lifetimes. Doom of the Living beats the shit out of it in all aspects.
>>
>>3134325
Robo gets a 9999 Crit weapon in the DS port which is pretty cool
>>
>>3128848

Vincent was worse.
>>
>>3137317
Bahamut Lagoon? Are those the little characters that do random effects in battle?

put 4 of them in a party and assign the ragnarok dragon to them for some ridiculously OP shit
>>
>>3133202
Set Ayla up right and she'll do max damage more often than not.
>>
>>3133745
Don't most games with a blue mage type of character include moves that reduce an enemy's HP to just 1 to speed that kind of thing up?
>>
>>3133896
He only gets it in the moon that never sets if you miss it. You can buy it at Lohan's market, from the same guy that sold you that water bottle I believe.
>>
>>3133202
Ayla does the best single-enemy damage, and with dual techs he can do gigantic damage against enemies who have otherwise impenetrable defense. Some other dual techs also have great area effects (like Falcon Hit), much much earlier before getting the tier 3 nukes.

She can also do 9999 hits and is the only one who can steal in the game. She is probably the most useful character in the game.
>>
>>3137512
sorry, it's actually called "Black Dragon", it's the strongest form of the UniUni dragon type that has the "Dark Power" special

4 minidevils with a Black Dragon can do shit like attack all enemies and allies on the entire map, heal all health and magic of every ally party on the map, activate a slew of ridiculous op powers in combat, and generally do op broken shit constantly
>>
>>3137537
>>3137512
Well, fuck. I always put all 4 of them together, gave them the weakest dragon, and moved them well out of the way to let the real mean do the work.
Maybe it's time for a replay.
>>
>>3137525
Quina is an oddity, actually. Blue Mages tend to learn spells by being struck by the spell itself.
>>
>>3137467
Doesn't it require you to keep his HP at just 1 in order to do max damage though?
>>
>>3137542
It does have the possibility of backfiring, and the effects are totally uncontrollable, but once you get the lolrandom dragon maxed out it's pretty brutal

I don't think I ever encountered anything that could survive a full round of combat with them, since they'd just spam random element/non-elemental screen-wipe attacks or throw out basically any and every status ailment as well as having the ability to heal themselves and stuff

They also have some synergy with the unknown dragon made with princess items, but IIRC the Black Dragon did more OP shit with it
>>
>>3127698
If you upgrade his magic power at every level he's actually pretty badass, at least until the last area.
>>
>>3132209
fuck you
not even funny
>>
>>3138138
Too much fanboying for Obi-Wan Orlandu imho. He's a good character, I just didn't personally like him.
>>
>>3138253
There's no need for fanboying anything. He's just a broken character. That's a fact. Can you build a custom character that is better? Sure. But you get this one out of the box, and he can solo the game from the moment you get him without any investments in him.
>>
>>3137378
This. She's boring as hell to play as too
>>
>not as good of a healer as Eiko
>shit attack damage
>summons are nice but cost too much MP
>>
>>3136005
Easiest to grind in skills levels.
I invested too much on her, not knowing she will be gone later. 400 damage in bows per hit.
She can basically 1 hit almost all normal enemies when you grind her.
>>
>>3138904
And is useless for half of the game because muh ptsd
>>
>>3136152
Because you see just how shitty he is and how little potential he has. Once you get Melthas he doesn't even find use as a blocker.
He'd effectively prolong battles by standing in the way of your capable fighters.
>>
>>3136005
JUSTIN JUSTIN
>>
>>3137206
Completely wrong.

Blaze is the weakest, and this is indisputable. Streets of Rage 2 is one of the most played games of all time, and there are tons of great players out there, so this ranking is practically set in stone. It's always been Axel + Max > Skate > Blaze.

If you're getting bad results with Skate then you don't know how to use him.

Don't do his combo. Do not do his fucking combo ever. Stick with a single jab and then run up to an enemy and grab him. If there are other enemies around then do the vault throw in the direction of the enemies. If there are no enemies around then do a damage throw.

Use his speed to dodge and to GRAB.

Remember:

Enemies around: vault throw a baddie into other baddies.

Single enemy: waste them with high damage throws

Skate's blitz is also excellent as long as you don't do them when Donovan enemies are around. A single jab into the blitz, then repeat when the enemy gets up. That shit does great DPS. Skate's blitz is way better than Blaze's blitz.

Blaze is decent against groups of low-tier normal enemies because her jab is long and her elbow does three hits when overlapping an enemy, which lets you do a damaging jab infinite, but she's the ABSOLUTE worst against bosses because of her shitty damage, and she flounders against groups of high-tier normal enemies. She is easily and by far the weakest character in SOR2. She's arguably the best in SOR1 though, but only by a small margin.
>>
>>3139497
Don't forget the roller press and the backflip. You can mix it up a lot with Skate and do nearly a full lifebar combos. His only problem is being extremely vulnerable during all that.

Blaze sucks because she doesn't have any quick moves, does not have any good priority moves, and does not have any high damage moves (that you can execute in a combo).
She's actually pretty good against bosses as long as the fight is 1v1.
>>
>>3134325
she's the only party member to get Revive 2
>>
>>3142221
>dying in Chrono Trigger

You're playing wrong, homie.
>>
>>3142261
because end game boss one shot you in the lv 40's with their ultimate attacks, Lavos final form can deal like over max 1200 damage when the max HP is 999 and in lv 40's none of the characters have maxed HP.
>>
File: 936772-cyangaramonde.jpg (563KB, 1625x2048px) Image search: [Google]
936772-cyangaramonde.jpg
563KB, 1625x2048px
It's too bad, because I really like everything else about his character. But he just doesn't bring anything at all to the table in combat other than durability
>>
>>3142704
Yeah without glitches he's kind of bad. If the IOS version did anything better it at least buffed him so you can select which sword tech you want him to do and then let other characters perform their moves while he's charging.

Which was already a hack for the snes version, so whatever.

Picture related is for the PSP version of Maria in SotN who is absolute shit.
>>
>>3142875
>Which was already a hack for the snes version, so whatever.

Hacks don't count, dummy.
>>
>>3132178
You're joking? Never used his combo attack, "holocaust"?
>>
File: Qt Trash.png (285KB, 515x689px) Image search: [Google]
Qt Trash.png
285KB, 515x689px
When playing x-command I got Cinnamon, used her for like 3-4 fights in the whole game and then discarded her pretty much. Even in her powered-up form Cinnamon Black she's still pretty trash from what I remember. Just like the filename says though, she's hella qt.
>>
>>3143454
>Just read on the x-command wiki she had another form past black but I never unlocked it.
I was shit as a kid. I think I actually might have but I stopped using her for so long I never actually saw her hyper transformation.
(There are two for certain characters, supra and hypra.)
>>
>>3138904
I'm going to elect ff9 as the weakest member of the Final Fantasy party.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.