[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gameplay record (with sound)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: epsxe20.png (78KB, 572x396px) Image search: [Google]
epsxe20.png
78KB, 572x396px
why is this so hard?
>>
>>3126889
sound and video playback are very differently. One of the trickiest issues when emulating is syncing audio and image. One of the trickiest issues when recording video is syncing audio and video. You're asking for both to work really well together
>>
serious
ho to make a fucking clean gameplay?
>>
what game are you wanting to record
>>
>>3128472
Terranigma
>>
>>3128479
ah yeah i see the problem
>>
File: 1419382123798.jpg (221KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1419382123798.jpg
221KB, 1024x1024px
>record ePSXe
>640x480 @ 30
>to SSD
>with 2500k
>varying CPU presets
>skips and dropped frames
WHY
>>
>>3128512
Because your bottleneck is likely not the disk
>>
>>3128512
Heres a capture I made of Touge Max G of epsxe with fraps, works fine for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpuoi08tX3w
>>
>>3128472
tenchu2
peops plugin recording without sound
>>
>>3126889
>he doesn't use linux
kek
>>
capture card
>>
i just click one button in linux and it records sound + video in 1080@60fps without lag h.264 cqf16 . works also with audio over hdmi. i love linux
>>
>>3128562
Stockholm syndrome, everybody
>>
>>3128570
Care to explain how that's Stockholm syndrome, retard?
>>
>>3128575
You've been stuck using linux so long youre implying its good lololol
>>
>>3128606
well in the end you are the one stuck win frame drops so win/win for me :)
>>
>>3128628
>win/win
more like gnu/linux
>>
>>3128519
I just watched it and at 29 seconds your frame rate tanks. This is exactly what happens to me when I described frame drops. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>3128519
A bit off topic, but are there any good touge-like /vr/ games that saw a release outside of japan? I kind of want to get into the genre, but I can't get over the moon runes. Granted, that is my problem, but still, maybe there's something available outside of japan to get myself started
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (63KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
63KB, 1366x768px
recorded with dxtory on a xp partition without any lagging homosexuality or other bullshit fuck and edited with camtasia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSxEKOLHuZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7tVtBbQKoM
>>
>>3128547
>>>/g/
>>
>>3129640
>without any lagging homosexuality
>frame drop hiccup 4 seconds in
Do you even check over your own stuff
>>
>>3129734
without any lagging homosexuality vs fraps lagging
without any lagging homosexuality vs record without sound
without any lagging homosexuality vs mirilis action freeze after recording...
>>
>>3128512
nvm fixed it

I just recorded a 960p (integer of 240) capture of ePSXe with 32x hardware antialiasing with RGB color, which is supposed to be relatively demanding, with zero problems. In fact it was only a problem when trying to playback this fuck huge RGB recording with MPC because it chugs a bit. The footage itself is very clean and I'm uploading it to Youtube right now. The solution? Fuck OBS and I switched to Dxtory. OBS is so trash for local recording.
>>
>>3129941
you're shit anyway because you use epsx. i hope the lord destroys your hard drive because thou have sinned by not showing thy love to mednafen psx! infidel
>>
>>3130049
I know you're being ironic but I hope nobody ever tries to record in native 320x240 to show something off in video.
>>
>>3126889
It's not.
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Recording_Video
>>
>>3130054
well i'm sorry that you don't have a caucasoid brain to apply logic to things you interact with.

epsx? >>> /v/
>>
>>3126889
Open Broadcast Software. There's tutorials for it on Youtube.
>>
>>3130059
>shadowplay

gah...
>>
What do you all use to edit your videos?
>>
>>3131130
depending on the task ahead I switch between sony vegas, adobe after effects, avid and davinci resolve
>>
>>3131140
I was looking for something simpler, just for cutting videos really but if I have to I'll just pirate Vegas Pro.
>>
Try using OBS or X-split
>>
Please for the love of god don't import your videos into a video editor just to trim, and then export it back out. You are like taking a mp3 or jpg, trimming or cropping, and then saving it again. That shit compresses twice. By the time you upload it to Youtube it's going to look like a smudge. If trimming and joining clip segments is all you want to do, use a program that does it losslessly, where it performs those functions by manipulating data and not re-encoding it as a whole new video.
>>
>>3131861
>That shit compresses twice. By the time you upload it to Youtube it's going to look like a smudge
or, you know, use a lossless codec for recording and editing, only encode lossy as final step. Same reason you don't edit a jpg or mp3
>>
>>3131861
who said we record highly compressed you fucking autist
>>
>>3128519
Wait who won
>>
>>3128532
I recorded Tenchu and had the occasional slowdown, but in parts that I remember didn't go that smoothly when playing on the actual system.
Are you sure that's not the case here?
>>
>>3131883
the red car
>>
>>3134027
they're both red!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu1EE7GheD0

How does Blizzard get such nice video encodes? Why do my 720p footage look blurry as fuck when the source I uploaded was crf=0 quality.
>>
>>3134146
youtube transcodes, your own quality settings are mostly irrelevant
>>
>>3134161
Yes I know, that's why I'm asking how some channels are able to have such day and night differences than the typical youtube upload.
>>
>>3134223
probably a good chance they pay for it
>>
>>3134146
Come on, google "best render settings youtube" and they'll list all you need to set up for the best result.
>>
>>3134146
Have any link of the stuff you uploaded so I can take a look?
It better be /vr/ though or the police will get angry.
>>
>>3134838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vxCOW1ojWo

It's very /vr/. It looks okay in YouTube's "large" frame, but even then it's still shrunk. My problems is with how it looks in 1:1 when I embed it into my site.
>>
>>3135327
youtube adjusts quality level to the smaller frame. The smaller video quality also uses higher compression
>>
>>3135485
I specifically made sure my capture was over 720p and even then it was unsatisfactory bitrate. Is going 1080p the only option when YouTube won't act lazy?
>>
>>3135512
You misunderstood, Youtube creates different streams for the different resolutions, and auto-selects the one that fits in your embedded frame. Even if you upload 100Mbps 4k video, the 480p embedded frame will use some aggressive 100kbps codec, assuming a) you can't see detail on the small frame anyway and b) if you got the small screen showing, you're on mobile or a weak computer
>>
>>3135327
nice video. Looking at it though, I can't say I "miss" epsxe. Been playing wip3out on it for a long time, but a few months back I switched to mednafen. For some reason the pixelated dithering works really well with the game, and together with the ui the whole look is more consistent. To each their own though.
>>
>>3135554
I understand that using small player will put it on 480p quality, but I never did that. I was always using large mode, highest quality, and it looked bad and I want to know how to make it look as nice as Blizzard's uploads.
>>
>>3135561
I need enhancements for video purposes. 320x240 isn't going to work well for video. Even if you do integer scaling with the native resolution, the blockiness, dithering and just nearest neighbor in general will get fucked by YouTube's bitrate. Those things demand high bitrate, where as smooth filtered textures allow the encoder to take it easy. Enhancement plugins also allowed me to use my GPU's 32xAA (again, aliasing will confuse the encoder.)
>>
>>3135562
In that case, I have no idea, beyond throwing money at the tube. Youtube does have different tiers of what they provide, though I don't know how to access them, except by "being famous"

>>3135571
You raise some good points. The dithered mode (not 320x240 though) does not compress well lossily.

>Those things demand high bitrate
Not necessarily. They demand the right codec. There are codecs that aren't wavelet based. They're not in youtube though, for sure. That's nitpicking though. you're definitely right that for the widely available video services online, high resolution bilinear filtered stuff is likely the best source.

That said, I'd still like to see what remains of a clean mednafen capture (without upscaling) when youtube is done with it.
>>
Is MOTB emulation still broken?

I feel like replaying MOTB, but I don't feel like digging up my old Playstation just to play one game.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.