[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things that were put in games just to sell guides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 12

File: 1460135121969.png (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460135121969.png
78KB, 600x600px
ITT: things that were put in games just to sell guides
>>
>>3124406
A guide is a great companion to a game.

You get the full experience of any truly great game with a guide, graph paper, and the manual.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEc6Afj1s_c
>>
>>3124406
That's nothing you couldn't figure out through trial and error. It's not that difficult to figure out.
>>
>>3124406
You can figure it out with enough trial&error.
Besides the old sleeping sage leaving up in the mountains give you clues.
>>
>>3124418
There's more to it I think. You have to race them to certain ranks iirc. It would waste tens of hours if you just had to guess your way through.
>>
>>3124410
>the very first one is permanently missable

Such a dick move
>>
>>3124418
literally one of the chocobo you need to tame are on one very specific area of the game, trial and error would take forever.
>>
>>3124406

you can find all this info out from the choco sage with relative ease
>>
>>3124406
>>3124409
>>3124418
>>3124425
>>3124717

The Chocobo sage tells you everything you needed to know to make this work. I never had a guide, and figured this out.
>>
>>3124430
And I can't tell you how many HOURS I spent hopping around that room, desperately trying to find the source of that chime before I finally learned the horrid truth.
>>
>>3124430

not true. apparently you can push a toad into position to get it later. i wish i knew that when i was young.sad resets.
>>
>>3124792
I want proof, else I'm dismissing that right now as a "my dad works at Nintendo and told me..." rumor.
>>
>>3124792
Even Nintendo Power said you had one chance to get it and it was gone for good.
>>
>>3124719
This. I don't even like FF7 anymore and I seem to know more about it than 90% of the FF7 nuthuggers here.
>>
>>3124406
Or you just beat Ruby.
>>
>>3124875
You need KotR to do that, and a goldie to get it.
>>
>>3124889
>You need KotR to do that
no you fucking dont lmao
>>
The "you need KotR to beat Emerald and Ruby" meme really needs to die. You guys are shit at video games.
>>
>>3124889
KOTR is weak compared to the best limit breaks
>>
>>3124902
>>3124904
Looks like we got us a couple internet tough guys here, watch out everyone
>>
>>3124719
Me too, figured on my own at age 13.
>>
>>3125223
Ungermax and Lucky 7s wrecks both of them pretty handily.
>>
KOTR hits 13 times. Omnislash hits 15 times, Ungarmax hits 18 times, Doom of the Living hits 15 times, Highwind hits 18 times. All of those can be mimed.

Once you get mime, KOTR is obsoleted.
>>
>>3125271
# of hits isn't important if they're weaker hits
>>
>>3125283
Did you even play the game? Damage caps out at 9999, and you reach that WAY before you cap out strength.
>>
>>3125296
FF7 fans are retarded i swear to fuck and don't even know anything about their favorite game. this game is piss easy, none of this shit is hard to figure out if you're over the age of 10. this is a game i absolutely despise now, and here we have a thread with actual fans claiming that you need a guide to breed a gold chocobo and that you need knights of the round to kill the weapons lmao
>>
>>3125314
You're only mad because you're wrong.
>>
>>3125317
what am I wrong about?
>>
Everything about FFIX
>>
File: lhYTgYH.gif (485KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
lhYTgYH.gif
485KB, 500x259px
>>3125323
>>
>>3125223

or you're fucking bad?
>>
>>3125323
Don't even fucking remind me of that """"""guide""""""
>>
>>3125326
I'm not saying it's a hard game or anything but it has some of the worst examples of guide bait sidequests in the history of videogaming. One sidequest was only discovered like a decade after the game came out. The fact that the guide was essentially a $20 hyperlink to a website didn't make the matters any better
>>
File: what an ass.png (319KB, 659x976px) Image search: [Google]
what an ass.png
319KB, 659x976px
>>3125357
FIND OUT MORE ON PLAYONLINE!
>>
>>3124406
I may have figured it out too, I didn't have Internet at the time I got a Golden Chocobo but I wouldn't ever call it intuitive. I know for sure at first I thought inbreeding just wouldn't be the right idea.
>>3125357
>>3125360
What's this now? I never knew about anything like that.
>>
>>3125401
>>
>>3125271
>KOTR is obsoleted

One thing you can do with KOTR you can't with limits is pair them with HP and/or MP absorb materia. So you get healed 13 times when you use KOTR if you set it up right. But this requires multiple KOTR matteria and you can easily beat the game a few times over in the time it takes to grind that shit.
>>
>>3125243
>>3125223
>>3124904
>>3124889
Ruby Weapon can be paralyzed
>>
>>3124410
that game had some serious replay value
>>
>>3125314

>being this asspained

wew
>>
>>3125407
I wonder if the collector rank is related to the treasure hunter rank? Every damn site on the internet has been saying for years that the treasure hunter rank is determined by the amount of treasure chests you open throughout the game and the amount of Chocobo treasures you find on the world map, but I'm 100% sure that explanation is complete bullshit. Last time I played through the game I opened absolutely everything, found all the chocobo treasures and still wound up with rank B. If it's related solely to cards and card arrows it would actually make a lot of sense.

Also, where in the game is that screenshot under "rare cards" taken? I don't recognize it.
>>
>>3125529
I've gotten Rank S(or whatever the highest is).
I opened every chest and found every field icon treasure, plus had a nearly complete card collection. If that helps.
>>
>>3125539
I've definitely gotten rank S at least twice before, but the most recent time I'm positive I'd gotten everything in the game but still only had rank B.

I definitely know more about the game now than I did then which also adds to the frustration. In the past I'm sure I missed a bunch of missable items and treasure chests, yet still got rank S somehow.

I'm fairly sure I ended up getting all of the cards as well, but the card arrow thing is something I didn't know about so maybe that's it.
>>
File: DQIX_-_Barbatos.png (103KB, 305x210px) Image search: [Google]
DQIX_-_Barbatos.png
103KB, 305x210px
That this fucker was tameable. 1/256 in the snes version with no way to check if a monster can be recruited is such a dick move.

For that matter, the 1/4000 drops the bosses in 5 had.
>>
>>3124719
This you numbskulls
>>
>>3124406
I only bought guides to fap to Tifa.
>>
>>3124719
This is exactly what makes the quest terrible. There's virtually no way to figure it out if you don't use the sages advice (because who is going to raise specific Chocobo up to S rank just to breed them after feeding them certain nuts when there's no obvious reason why this would work), but if you do then the whole thing is basically a grind. Hell, the ways you get Yuffie and Vincent were the most interesting hidden things the game had.
>>
>>3125318
As someone who also isn't a huge FFVII fan (though it does get tons of people shitting on i for stupid reasons) I have no idea. Back in the day it got hyped up into something way beyond what it actually was.
>>
>>3125317
How?
>>
How is this thread this long and no one has mentioned FF X2 even once? That entire fucking game needed a strategy guide if you wanted more than 40% completion.

Oh, did you not go to location B before location A in chapter 2 and chat with the the important nameless npc among the other 8? No access to quests 8, 11, 15, 32, or the final act for you then. Enjoy your chaff ending to our shit game until you get a guide.
>>
>>3125770
Are you actually bitching about having no idea how to do this without looking it up, even after finding the guy who literally tells you step by step how to?

When this came out, I was in 6th grade and even my dumbass ass got as far as a black chocobo without any guide. And the only thing I looked up was where to get the last yellow 'bo I needed for breeding.
>>
>>3126648
Cuz it isn't retro you fucktards.
>>
>>3126648
God help you if you went to Zanarkand last when rounding up the episode completes. You wanted Mascot? I hope you've not done Den of Woe and the Chocobo Ranch yet.
>>
>>3126654
>Are you actually bitching about having no idea how to do this without looking it up, even after finding the guy who literally tells you step by step how to?
He's saying there is no way to figure out how to do it without finding the guy who tells u step by step how to do it.
He's also saying that finding that guy equals to reading a guide, since both tells you exactly what to do, so there is no way to do it without something telling you how to, be it the in game guy or a guide.
And finally, he's also saying that after you know exactly what to do, the quest is a grindfest, hence it's a terrible quest.
>>
>>3124406
I don't think chocobo breeding was made that way just to sell guides. It was quite common for the time to put missables and hard sidequests. It was just a nice extra for those devoted fans. At about the turn of the century the focus changed towards creating a linear experience that everyone would experience (more like a movie) without having to play multiple times. Part of this was down to the cost of making games too.

Don't think I even used kotr on emerald or ruby. When I was playing ff7 first time round I was morphing those creatures in the abandoned submarine to get sources. I just grinded to raise stats and the game was easy after that.
>>
It's funny a lot of people are saying the sage tells you step by step what to do when all he does is mumble random cryptic half sentences in his sleep. If you can piece that nonsense together into a coherent plan you should be out finding the Ark of the Covenant instead of playing FF7.
>>
The worst examples that I can think of are hidden packages, gang tags, horseshoes, oysters, camera shots, pigeons, etc. in the GTA series.
>>
>>3125726
Huh that's not the sort of thing I thought you'd need a guide for, I mean fapping is pretty easy dude
>>
>>3127281
But they already have top men working on the Ark.
>>
File: ff9banner.jpg (77KB, 610x422px) Image search: [Google]
ff9banner.jpg
77KB, 610x422px
ITT: things that were put in guides just to shill websites
>>
>>3128580
>>3125407
>I literally paid $15 for this
>>
>>3129241
I looked at it in the store, saw all the bullshit, and just remembered the website.
Went to the site when I got home, skipped the book.

The whole scheme was a plot to get a large install base for FFXI. Gamefaqs quickly amassed better guides than playonline.
>>
>>3126964
How is playing the game, exploring the world, and meeting new characters, "the same as a guide". It's playing the game, role playing your characters, interacting with a fictional world. Literally the purpose of the genre.

Also, grindfest? I seem to remember other NPCs mentioning how to get some of the other chocobos, at least as far as the green, blue, and black. Sure there's grinding involved with the quest, but so what? There's plenty of chances to swing back by the ranch and check on your stables while you're grinding for regular RPG stuff. It's not like they force you to start at the end of the game.
>>
>>3129267
>Gamefaqs quickly amassed better guides than playonline.

Gamefaqs always had better guides than playonline. Just don't read the comment section - just like Youtube,
>>
>>3130679
How are you "role playing your characters" when their personalities and actions are all set in stone?
>>
>>3124406
I've brought this up in a lot of threads over the years, but there was this cool video guide I had for 5-6 games called Gamebrain. My mom got it for my brother and I long before we got a PSX. It actually had a full FF7 guide that covered everything, Knights of the Round/chocobo breeding inclusive. Amazingly, the FF7 segment couldn't have been over 10 minutes. Made me hype as shit to see another game the same vein as Mario RPG at the time.
>>
>>3125359
This. I love FFIX and have replayed it multiple times, but I've taken to calling it Missables: The Game. Granted, the game is easy enough and can be beaten regardless of what you miss, but some of those missables are huge dick moves.

Did you know you can actually permanently miss Vivi's Octagon Rod, which is the only staff that teaches his level 3 elemental spells, if you're not careful? It can only be bought in a shop near the end of Disc 3, and after a certain point in that disc, you cannot go back to repurchase it, as the game proceeds in that area until the switch to Disc 4, in which the location where you can purchase the rod becomes permanently blocked off.

And I needn't even mention Excalibur II, although to be fair that's more of a prize for speedrunning the game.
>>
>>3128580
This is just cheeky.

>>3129241
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>3131847
>And I needn't even mention Excalibur II, although to be fair that's more of a prize for speedrunning the game.

Hated that bullshit. I'd rather it be a prize for beating Ozma with no one dying or something.
No fun to get a sword like that and be so horribly leveled and equipped at the time as to make it useless.
>>
>>3131629
Aww yeah son, I found mine in a bargain bin basket at a local grocer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3j2B-TyJ7I

This vid also pure nostalgia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVn1wFReec
>>
>>3131538
>plays rpg
>"how do I rp in this g?"
>>
>>3131538
Well in final fantasy VII you can get quite creative with materia.

The role playing aspect of most jrpgs seems to be in its core mechanics, finding the way to exploit them and using what you learned in a new playthrough or new game+.

It's also works to beat the obligatory bullshit optional bosses.
>>
>>3132051
My senpai. Thanks for posting!
>>
>>3132073
Agreed. I gave Vincent all the status-effect materia (Added Effect + Hades on his weapon was a major go-to), while Cid I generally kept stocked with Air Elemental stuff. And I think everyone made Aeris their defacto healer.
>>
>>3133368
I used Cloud as my healer because he was more than capable of surviving anything and had a respectable magic stat, Aeris on the other hand I always used as a general mage giving her a wide variety of attack spells.
>>
File: aeris-chainsaw.jpg (10KB, 200x320px) Image search: [Google]
aeris-chainsaw.jpg
10KB, 200x320px
>>3133381
>offensive Aeris

Blech.
>>
>>3125468
This game has some very shitty replay value actually.
>>
>>3133384
>Using a character you know will die
>>
>>3134890
Implying she has to die in the remake.
>>
>>3127276
sadly it was the FF games themselves that kick started this trend with FF7
>>
>>3134919
God, don't say that. They just might fuck up that hard.
>>
>>3134937
What's wrong with making it so there's a choice this time?
>>
>>3134991
Like half the plot depends on her dying.
Do you think they'll be assed to write anything good at all?
>>
>>3134997
As long as she can summon holy it shouldn't matter if or when she dies. They could just delay her summoning it until the end and keep the basic plot structure the same.
>>
>>3135020
>Cloud's entire arc of recuperation, self discovery, and growth from a petulant child to a maturing man
>Nailing Sephirot as irredimeable by having him kill one of the waifus
And that's just naming two things from the very top of my head.
>>
>>3135038
He could misinterpret events to think she died but then have her playable doing her own quests before meeting back up with them. Like Rydia kind of. Presumed dead but was off learning cool summoner stuff.
>>
>>3135060
>She died but not really
This is one of the most bland things ever.
People killed by the plot should remain dead.
>>
>>3135075
I won't disagree and don't care how they do it but it's a waste to have a great character and not be able to play as them for 2/3 of the game. Maybe they could include her in flashbacks and have her be playable, I don't know.
>>
>>3125443
>He doesn't know about w-item
>He doesn't know about the pot goblins in the northern crater
>He doesn't know it takes an hour max to max out a kotr
>>
>>3136191
It's always amusing to see how little FF fans know about their favorite games.
>>
>>3131538
By playing the roll of a brooding homo. I'd have thought Final Fantasy 7 would have been perfect for you.
>>
>>3134890
There HAS to be a way to save her since there is a hidden FMV of Seph killing Tifa instead. Believe me or don't, I don't really give a shit.
>>
>>3136209
kek, daddy works for Square, eh?
>>
>>3136230
Nope. Never said or implied that. Go fire up a gameshark and start watching all the FMVs on all the discs and you'll be enlightened
>>
>>3136240

Dude. There is no FMV of Sephiroth killing Tifa. There are major plot points of the game that revolve around her after Aerith's death. The game has been ripped to pieces in hex editors and there is not one shred of evidence to support what you're saying.

If there's an FMV that you and only you know about, you're going to have to post it or stop perpetuating a ridiculously stupid rumour.
>>
>>3135038
>Nailing Sephirot as irredimeable by having him kill one of the waifus
That's stupid and irrelevant. Sephy is still a far more interesting villain when you assume he's Jenova's pawn, official paraphernalia be damned.
>>
>>3136209
>there is a hidden FMV of Seph killing Tifa instead
Yeah, I don't know why you're bothering.
>>
>>3136286
You're taking bait, anon. The only response to someone who tells you to look for proof yourself is to report them, call them a liar, and maybe a rape threat.
>>
File: 1285205534408.jpg (166KB, 455x438px) Image search: [Google]
1285205534408.jpg
166KB, 455x438px
>>3136191
>pot goblins
DANK
>>
>>3124406
100% of NTSC Earthbound copies had a guide included in order to sell the guide. Earthbound wins by a large margin. /thread.
>>
>>3129241
I must have paid double that.
Fuck me
>>
>>3136569
Phantasy Star 2 did it way before Earthbound
>>
>>3136578
Yeah, but Earthbound sold more copies, Earthbound win.
>>
>>3136286
The same happened for FF9 and we only found out about Cinna's hammer quest a year or two ago. Things can hide from hackers.
>>
>>3136759
Fuck off you nigger. There's no hidden FMV. That would be discovered long before some hidden quest
>>
>>3136296
At least talk about the white chocobo you can get that lets you reach and fight the 5th Weapon.
>>
>>3136191
>>3136201
Seriously. Unstoppable combo takes only 4 materia slots and will kill any boss in the game except ruby weapon, but that fucker's such a joke it doesn't need a guide.

Final Attack - Pheonix
Pheonix - Absorb MP

KotR is chaff and takes too fucking long.
>>
>>3136286
K. I already told you it's cool if you don't believe me. If you read >>3136759 obviously shit goes unnoticed by many from time to time. I really honestly don't care, because it feels better knowing you don't believe me.
>>
>>3134919
Guess there will be a "Aerith survives DLC".
Maybe they enhance the story in Final Fantasy 7 RE-2 where Zack falls in Love with Cissney, and she followes the group around, and at the end of the game sephiroth jumps from the roof, impaling her. Then comes remake of a sad aya Hamasaki song, interpreted by lightnings voice actress, who also speaks Cissney in the upcoming final Fantasy RE:Made R-2 chain of RE:Memories ii.5 the dorama audiobook.
It's a story about how Cissney almost had a date with Zack, and plays after the events of crisis core, where she is in the search to find her focus, but witnesses the infamed terrorist group avalanche on her quest, which seems to be lead buy a guy with the same aura as Zack.
>>
>>3136935
Too bad that Cissney, in the announced CG MegaEpos that will take another 12 years to release, Will be killed by a clone of Zack, made from synthesided jenova cells, who turns out to be a mindless vessel for the evil part of the soul Genocide, who only talks in recitations of Lo:vEless, days of the future sleep/2, the upcoming visual novel, that only come with special pre-purchase edition of thr Final Fantasy 7 quintology season pass
>>
>>>3124792
Toad's head is needed specifically, because he's hardcoded to boost Mario's jump. No other NPC has that flag, so even if you do push one nearby you won't reach the ledge.
>>
>>3136759
> Things can hide from hackers.

It's not like anyone's denying this, there was a ton of stuff in OoT that people took a while to find. But given how FMVs are stored, the idea that there's one hidden on the PS1 disks is hilarious.
>>
>>3137285
Let's be honest here, even if somebody DID post a this FMV after all this time, who's to say it isn't just some elaborate hoax? There really isn't any viable way to prove this one way or the other.
>>
File: ZodiacSpear-ffxii.png (23KB, 511x515px) Image search: [Google]
ZodiacSpear-ffxii.png
23KB, 511x515px
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>3136759
>and we only found out about Cinna's hammer quest a year or two ago
Wait, wut? I knew about the added ending feature with his hammer way back in the day...
Is there something new?
>>
>>3137509
His idea of "Hidden" is "It was only in Ultimania" which does not constitute "Hidden"
>>
>>3137594
Did he know that having Save The Queen in your inventory added a scene in the ending as well?
I always give the hammer up to Hades now. Tin armor is tough as nails.
>>
>>3137371
>There really isn't any viable way to prove this one way or the other
Except that yeah, there is. Just provide the location of the FMV data on the disk. If there's no room for it it isn't there. The only possible point of contention is if there's somehow encrypted data that just looks like garbage, but then the burden would be on the person arguing that it's FMV data to show that it is and how to extract it.
>>
>>3137475
Yeah, this is completely fair. I really don't know how the fuck hey justified this.
>>
>>3137643
So then /v/ babies can go "HURR DURR MY ISO DUZN'T HAZ IT LOLOL BTFO #"
>>
>>3137648
It's probably to fuck with people who NEED to get ALL THE THINGS or I AM ANGRY

like you don't even, actually, literally, NEED it for any reason

it's just a stick with sharpened metal on the end, there are many other things that will do the same job
>>
>>3137667
>it's just a stick with sharpened metal on the end, there are many other things that will do the same job
Yeah but its really good at stabbing things
>>
>>3137475
>>3137648
>>3137667
>>3137680
It's far easier to get in the Zodiac Job version of the game, and also outclassed by several other weapons in that version.
>>
File: pcsxr0007.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pcsxr0007.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>3136191
If we're going by sheer number of hits doing 9999 damage, technically, KOTR still wins. Various limit breaks, on their own, have more hits that KOTR. But non of them can be paired with a W Materia.

Thus: KOTR + W Summon = 26 hits, more than any limit break. Mime with the rest of your team, go make a sandwich.

As for numbers, every round, you get the following.

78 hits of 9999 = 779,922 damage across 3 characters. I have no idea if you can achieve more than this through different means, but considering Ruby Weapons has 800,000 HP total, the battle should go as follows.

>Enter fight with 2 KO'd Allies
>Cast Phoenix
>Both Allies get up
>W-Summon KotR
>Mime
>Ruby gets a turn
>Mime
>Mime
>Ruby should be dead now, GG

This fight is only challenging if you're not prepared/unaware of the KO trick to counter the Quicksand trick. Being fair, You'd have to be retarded to enter this fight with any allied KO'd, so, this shit would likely need a guide just for this bit.
>>
File: all the shitposts.gif (446KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
all the shitposts.gif
446KB, 278x200px
>>3137881
I meant to quote the other guys too, pretty sure I hit their post numbers... thanks, board.

>>3124925

>>3125271
Ehh, Miming a limit break only works for one character.

By that, Say you have Cloud, Barret and Tifa. Cloud uses Omni, then Tifa and Barret Mime. Neither can use Omni, so, they both waste their turn, but can pass it back to Cloud the following round. This is 15 hits of 9999 per round, inferior to three casts of KotR, let alone a W-Summon of 6 per round. Same rule for the other limits.
>>
>>3136875
Who else apart from you knows about this anyway?
>>
>>3137881
>>3137903
I forgot to add (because I haven't fought this nigger in years) two particular things

1: Ruby Weapon actively counter KotR with Ultima unless paralyzed, so, squeeze in Hades before you spam KotR.

2: He has restrictions on Whirlsand on the playstation version apparently, and can only use it after a set number of turns. no such restriction is available to him on PC.
>>
>>3137881
>Thus: KOTR + W Summon = 26 hits, more than any limit break.

But far less than All Lucky 7's.
>>
>>3138023
Here's the problem; Lucky 7's is an utter bitch to set up.

It will do more for the initial hit, and I think it can be mimed. You'll do 497,728 per character, which means miming it once will kill Ruby, be significantly faster that KotR, and allows you to ignore the problem of doing 7,777 damage per attack from there on.

But seriously, this is an utter bitch to set up.
>>
>>3138057
Not really, as long as you have W-Item. As long as you can get your characters' HP to end with a 77 and be less than 7777, you can use potions to manipulate it up to 7777 beforehand.

Getting to xx77HP is also easy if you KO two party members (which you need to do anyway) and fight low-level enemies to ping 1HP off at a time. All in all this should take around 10 minutes to put together.

Alternately, if you time your ATB correctly, you can get Emerald weapon to set up your party and kill him with All Lucky 7s to boot.
>>
>>3138074
Yeah, that's fair I suppose. Only problem I see now is that KotR spam is actually potentially much faster.
>>
>>3124406
All of these pale in comparison to LoD's Stardust.

Shit doesn't even give you a clue about where it is, the only way you're ever going to know is by popping open a guide or checking at every single spot on every single map.
>>
>>3136191
>He doesn't know about w-item

I do I just don't include unintended glitches. As for the Magic Pots in the crater i haven't played the game since 1997 or 1998. I can't remember every little enemy.
>>
>>3125529
I believe items you still from enemies in battle also factor into it. But I think since you can do that infinitely those don't raise your rank anywhere near as much as anything else. Could be wrong on both though.
>>
>>3127281
>all he does is mumble random cryptic half sentences in his sleep.

Actually no, he does not. I believe there's a dialog option to ask him either about chocobos or if he remembers anything and he'll give you a little tidbit. Do a certain number of battles, I believe five, and he'll give another tidbit the same way. Eventually he'll say he doesn't think there's anything else for him to remember. Now just go to the ranch and talk to one of the kids in the stables and you'll tell him everything the sage told you. So if you ever need a recap just go to the kid.
>>
>The Golden Gun Puzzle in the Goldeneye Egypt level

The game was fine until this point. Everything is manageable through perseverance and intuition. The Aztec level is an utter bitch and an endurance run, but getting the golden gun requires constant, dedicated level restarting until you worked out the safe path, or caved in and called a cheat hotline or some shit, only to find out that they didn't know either.
>>
>>3128580
I actually liked this guide in a way. I just didn't think of it as a guide, I thought of it as more a reminder book. It let me know that there was something to do there without completely telling me what to do to get it. So I was still able to figure things out on my own for the most part. I haven't played IX in a while but from what I remember at times it didn't do the best job of letting you know there was something to do in a place.
>>
>>3135020
By the time Holy was able to get out and do what it needed to do it had the opposite effect.
>>
>>3138094
>>3138074
>All this work
The game isn't hard.
What's the point of dealing more damage than any enemy or boss can resist?
I mean for fuck sake, every time I see minmaxing RPG fags arguing I have the mental image of two boys with icecream bowls and a truck of ice cream each.
They could eat a bowl of ice cream and then refill it (AKA just play another damn game) but no, they have to take ALL OF THE ICECREAM and try to make it fit into the bowl at once, then yell at each other about how much ice cream each has, ignoring the fact that the ice cream overfilled the bowl, broke it, ruined the carpet, and they are drowning on it.
>>
>>3138157
It didn't have any such "opposite effect." That was a mistranslation. It just got there too late to counter Meteor all by itself.
>>
>>3138165
Actually, that's kind of the point. I provided a simple solution that doesn't require much work to achieve, and basically allows you to set up the fight, walk away from the screen and be done.

The Lucky 7 Solution takes much longer.

If it makes you feel better, Ruby Weapon was designed for this very purpose. Beating it is not relevant to the plot in the slightest, it's literally a trophy boss.
>>
>>3138169
>That was a mistranslation

Source that. I'm actually wondering if that's true or not here. I always thought that Meteor was so close by that point that Holy was just pulling it in more than the magic can repel it.
>>
>>3136295
He can't be Jenova's pawn because Jenova isn't sentient. Jenova is like a parasite, and was transmitted from an alien corpse. Think of those mushrooms that parasitize ants to make them crawl to the top of leaves and get eaten.

Jenova isn't exactly a virus or a fungus or anything though. Think of it more as being a giant mad-cow disease type prion version of our own natural kind of DNA. Like a "zombie virus" type of plot device like you'd see in Resident Evil.
>>
you guys know you can 1 shot every enemy in FF7 using cait sith's slots limit break right? this includes every boss.
>>
>>3138259
Jenova is like The Thing. It imitates other beings to more easily kill them, or manipulate them.
It arrives on the back of a meteor that wounds the planet, and spends the game manipulating Cloud's party, and using the body of Sephiroth, to summon a second.
>>
>>3138717
So Sephiroth was being used, but to call him a pawn is giving Jenova too much credit.
>>
>>3138259
She's more like a cellular hivemind that retains awareness through every single cell, in or out of her main body, if she even has a main body to begin with.
>>
>>3137820
Two things mate.

1: You can examine trees to reorient yourself.
2: The snowflies very obviously fly in a specific direction once all enemies have been killed
>>
>>3125271
Not everyone can mime other characters' limit breaks, limit breaks can't be linked to materia, limit break can only be used with a full gauge, and FFVII isn't FFX where you get unlimited overdrives by doing random shit, also KotR hits all enemies for these amounts of hits, while the others split the hits, so it's plain superior on multiple targets.
>>
>>3137667
Well, even if you miss the missable ones, you can always get another one later in the game.
>>
>>3138165
>What's the point of dealing more damage than any enemy or boss can resist?

It's fun to break the game, outsmart it, beat it by its own rules.
>>
File: Water_Temple.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Water_Temple.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Isnt it pretty easy to fuck this dungeon up and be forced to restart the entire game?
>>
>>3142101
no lmao
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.