[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on localizer and translator Jeremy Blaustein?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1460098368055[1].png (498KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460098368055[1].png
498KB, 1440x1080px
What are your thoughts on localizer and translator Jeremy Blaustein?
>>
>>3123553

Well if if you're asking me how I liked how MGS was brought to the states I think it's fantastic. Maybe a little cheesy at times but the atmosphere was incredible and all the c haracters were pretty great. As a little kid I would call everyone on the codec over and over to hear all the interesting conversations. what else did he do op?
>>
>>3123553
Well, if you really want to forge a fair opinion about that, you need to be able to read and compare with the original script. There has to be people who read Japanese here but not many, even less who would care enough to play and compare the game in both languages.
>>
>>3123821
Apparently the script to Twin Snakes is a more direct translation.
>>
his work was groundbreaking
>>
His brother voiced Meowth poggemans
>>
>>3123883
you mean sister

OR DO YOU???

didn't Kojima say he thought the English version was better and closer to his vision or something like that
>>
>>3124258
>didn't Kojima say he thought the English version was better and closer to his vision or something like that
That's why he fired him.
>>
The original MGS localization was way better than the localization efforts of the rest of the series. It had a ton of personality.
>>
>>3123821
Shut up, bitch. A literal translation of Hideo Kojima's writing would be pure garbage. He did us a favor by toning down the faggotry.
>>
I enjoyed it very much, as a player I'd say it has the makings of a top notch job but, at the same time, I can't compare the English adapted script to what the Japanese got so I can only judge it by itself. This would really help as we'd have a frame of reference so we could compare his choices.
>>
i think he's great. it almost seems like mgs1 and snatcher has good writing thanks to him.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.