[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soul Blazer and Heaven and Earth saga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: FOTO-01.png (17KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
FOTO-01.png
17KB, 256x223px
did someone remember this game? it was a sequel of the amazing terranigma, guess all them are extremely underrated, i mean, this games are like the perfect fusion between the zelda mechanics and rpg addons.
>>
>>3121871
>did someone remember this game

No, no one here has ever mentioned Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, or Terranigma, or even Actraiser or Actraiser 2, ever.
>>
>>3121871
*Actually was a prequel
>>
>>3121875
are you been irony? because i dont get it
>>
>>3121886
He's been irony.
>>
>>3121875
what about granstream saga
>>
>>3121871
I had a look at these a while back, comparing the prequels with Terranigma when I wanted a game world with a nice atmosphere I could get immersed in. I thought the prequels looked pretty dated though, so I ended up just playing Terranigma instead. Is it still worth playing the other games in the series?
>>
>>3121939
Soul Blazer was my favorite of the three.
>>
File: Quintet.png (129KB, 470x420px) Image search: [Google]
Quintet.png
129KB, 470x420px
>>3121904
It's not part of the (already very loosely connected) "saga" by any means. Granstream's designer himself confirmed that ActRaiser, ActRaiser 2, Soul Blazer, Gaia and Terranigma are thematically connected in the mind of their writer, whereas Granstream was his own project. It being part of the "series" is just something Hardcore Gaming 101 made up.

>>3121939
It's worth playing because they're good games on their own, but bear in mind that Illusion of Gaia in particular is extremely linear and limits your travel interaction constantly. They're all different experiences but it's nice to see how the writer develops his themes over the course of the games.
>>
>>3121972
>>3121939

Soulblazer is a really early SNES game, that's almost like a late release NES game.

I personally think Illusion of Gaia sucks.
>>
>>3121983
>I personally think Illusion of Gaia sucks.
Is Soul Blazer better?
I agree with your assessment of IoG.
And I adore Terranigma.
>>
>>3121998
Soulblazer plays more like a Zelda game with some RPG elements like leveling.

I personally think would rank them

Terranigma > Soulblazer > Illusion of Gaia

There are parts of Soulblazer I prefer to Terranigma (mainly pacing, I feel like Soulblazer has a stronger ending) but it absolutely is like I said, more NES like, which means its going to be a bit more archaic.
>>
>>3121998
Not the anon you're quoting, but Soul Blazer is a lot better as a game. It has a repetitive mechanic but it rewards you with world interaction so it never really gets old, and has plenty of secrets and sidequests.

Illusion of Gaia has a more cohesive, realized story, but it's so linear that there's only one sidequest, and even then you most likely will never complete it because you can never backtrack. It also hinges on a repetitive mechanic, but without the world interaction it ends up being less interesting.

I like both for different reasons, but yeah, Terranigma is definitely my absolute favorite. Think of it as a good mix of both Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia.
>>
Too bad the creator of those games got murdered by the yakuza.
>>
>>3121871
I love it, great music and gameplay.
>>
>>3122031
That's what happens when you don't pay for your drugs on time.
>>
>>3122045
You gotta be an idiot to buy narcotics on credit.
>>
>>3122047

Hahahahahaha.
>>
>>3122047
you have to be an idiot to FRONT drugs
>>
>>3121871
I remember playing it once long ago, very nice time.
>>
>>3122057
So what happens when an idiot sells on credit to an idiot who's buying on credit, an angel gets its wings?
>>
>>3121871
>did someone remember this game?

Are you dumb?
>>
For Maximum Comfy, play Soul Blazer. It's not difficult (aside from a few boss fights) and is great to just relax and take it easy. There's nothing complex in its gameplay, but it's still pretty fun to play. Hell I'm considering playing it again right now actually.

For Challenge and Atmosphere, play Illusion of Gaia. There's just something about its soundtrack that gives it a great atmosphere.

For Story And Gameplay, play Terranigma.
It's really quite something watching the world grow and evolve thanks to your actions, quite a beautiful game. Beautiful soundtrack, too.

If I were you I'd just play them in order ( Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma ) but if you're only going to choose one, pick whatever suits your taste.
>>
>>3122057

Or a bloodthirsty sociopath who revels in slaughtering people, knowing full well that it will give him an even more fearsome reputation.
>>
>>3121871

WAts SAL BLOZER?
>>
File: roasting-hamlet.jpg (77KB, 615x347px) Image search: [Google]
roasting-hamlet.jpg
77KB, 615x347px
Only good part of IoG. lol
>>
Very mediocre series and very overrated. Soul blazer was the best and illusion of gaia the worst.
>>
>>3121904
>>3121972
Granstream Saga is loosely connected mainly because certain plot elements appear in it, such as Turbo the dog.
>>
>>3123867
The overturned castle stage is one of the cooler designs they've done
>>
>>3121871
I thought Soul Blazer was pretty boring. In most cases, you just had to stand slightly to the side of an enemy and hit stun them until they died. The story might as well have been non-existent; it was poorly written with only a couple good scenes in the entire game (not to mention the ABSURDLY drawn-out ending). IoG was much better; the dungeons were way more interesting, you had tons of cool abilities, and the story was pretty decent. It was a bit too linear, didn't really have any sidequests, and had some weird difficulty spikes (what the fuck was up with that vampire battle), but all in all it was a pretty good game.

Still haven't played Terranigma yet, but from what I've heard, I'm in for a treat.
>>
I think we can all agree that ActRaiser was the overall best.
>>
File: turbo_robotrek.png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
turbo_robotrek.png
8KB, 256x224px
>>3123867
I don't remember Turbo being in Granstream, and even if it was, according to your logic, Robotrek would be "loosely connected" to the series.

There's not any other shared plot element besides a very generic notion of reincarnation, and that's also used in a completely different way. Not to mention the writer of Granstream came out and said "no it's not connected".
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.