[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Video Game Console Names

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: 1459813745593.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459813745593.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
PC-Engine takes the cake for me by far.
Next up the FM Towns Marty.

And after that the Wii.
>>
Famicom- Neither a family or a computer
PC-Engine- Neither a PC or an engine
Genesis-Not a chapter in the bible
Marty-Not a McFly
Loopy-It was stationary
Jaguar-Not a jungle cat
3DO- Not an orb
Panasonic Q-Not the head of the research and development division of the British Secret Service.
Dreamcast-Have to be awake to play
Wonderswan-Not a majestic bird
>>
>Not Zeebo, Ouya, Super A'Can or Pippin
>>
>>3120430
Those are weird names but they aren't like
PC-ENGINE

Or something stupid like

FAIRCHILD CHANNEL F
>>
>>3120429
Famicom makes sense, though. Family Computer means it was a computer for the family. And in the 80s game consoles were "computers" sort of.

There's something to be said about Jaguar. It sounds pretty slick but it's odd for a game console.
>>
PC Engine actually sounds generic but cool to me. Wii U was an absolute blunder and worst name I could think of for a console.
>>
I'm going over to my friend's house to play with his Wii U.

What, Dad? Why are looking at me like that?
>>
>>3120460
But Fairchild sounds nice like some Prog-Rock album
>>
>>3120490
Fairchild Channel F doesn't sound like a gaming system.
>>
>>3120485
japanese love their wordplay
Wii-U=weuweuweu cry sound which is exactly what they did when it didnt sell.

https://youtu.be/bWP4vLypXuA
>>
>>3120485
I still called the Wii the Nintendo Revolution for a while, and some jackass at Gamestop while I was at the midnight launch for a WoW expansion got pissed and told me "I wasn't a true Nintendo fan then" if I was going to call it Revolution.
>>
>>3120493
It sounds like a badass cable channel.
>>
The Sega Nomad. Its name makes me think of cavemen. Certainly not the best title for a portable Genesis.
>>
>>3120506
Or a shitty 70s cable channel that plays public access stuff.
>>
>>3120504
He was right. You were just a sperg who thought someone would be impressed with your amazing knowledge of something everyone everyone knew. A real Nintendo fan would keep up to date and use the current name instead of the development code name just to try to be a pretentious cunt.
>>
>>3120429
This guy

Neither funny or clever
>>
>>3120681
No, I was using Revolution because WII is fucking retarded and the WII was a piece of shit.
>>
>>3120398
Absolute worst, because they are confusing:
1. Xbox One
2. PSX
3.WiiU
Others are plain stupid sounding:
4.Mega Duck(so dumb its awesome)
5.FM Towns Marty
6.Fairchild Channel F
7.Tapwave Zodiac
8.Game.com
9.WonderSwan
10.Pippin
>>
>>3120765
>Xbox One
This fucking infuriates me.
>>
>>3120765
Wonderswan's pretty ok..... I think.

Though the New 3DS, Wii U and XBox One take the kickers for the most confusing name for consoles.

Game.com is another one. Why the heck did they have to add the . in there if it isn't spelled that way?! Not like it was a decent console anyway....is it?
>>
>>3120684
>Fucktard- A fuck and a tard.
At least his own name is accurate
>>
>>3120973
>Game.com
I don't think I've aver seen a non-ironic post about this thing, apparently nobody anywhere gives a fuck about it
>>
>>3120510
I like that title a lot.. Its appropriate of a name for a handheld system
>>
>>3120493
It makes sense for one that early, though.
It points to the novelty of having something on your TV that you can control.
>>
>>3120765
you forgot watara supervision on that list
>>
Super Famicom
Why not call it a Super Family Computer?
>>
Xbox One and New 3DS
>>
Gameboy.
Why it's not Gamegirl?
>>
>>3120398
Wii and PC-Engine are not bad.

Wonderswan is fucking TERRIBLE. So is Dreamcast. These: >>3120430 are also bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>3121558
Oh, and Xbox One is also about as bad as it gets. The whole Xbox line in general have abysmal names.
>>
>>3121559
Even the word Xbox makes me feel like there were a couple of dudes in cheap suits saying "xbox? that's cool right?"
>>
>>3121558
Dreamcast is fucking awesome as a name.
>>
>>3120398
Anything starting with "Super" or "Play" sounds unoriginal and stupid.
>>
>>3121567
There was actually an article about the boardroom decision to name the XBox.

Every other name than Xbox was cringeworthy 90s stuff by suits who never played game except one credit of Pacman 20 years prior.

The second best sounding name to XBox was Marc

Microsoft Action Reality Center

The designers insisted on XBox which meant

Direct X box

DirectX is the application programming interface used for Windows games.

Microsoft went into the console market to defend itself against Sony who were stealing away all the game developers with their Playstation brand.

Imagine if the Xbox had been called the Marc. What would the 360 and One have been named after that?
>>
>>3121964
>Imagine if the Xbox had been called the Marc

>collaborate with SEGA
>revive Mark numeration
>we would already have Microsoft Marc VII
>>
>>3121567
It's short for DirectX Box.
>>
FM Towns Marty
Pippin
Fairchild Channel F
New 3DS
>>
>>3121104
Huh?
>>
>>3122036
That's what I was thinking, or they'd release the mk. 1 edition Marc 1.
>>
>>3121558
Dreamcast is awesome. Wii is fine. But PC Engine is fucking retarded.
>>
>>3120510
is because you have a shit vocabulary and doesn't know what a nomad is.
>>
>>3121524
>Why not call it a Super Family Computer?
'cause Famicom is the abbreviated form of Family Computer and much easier to remember.

Quite frankly the western counterpart, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, was even more retarded.
>>
I'm sorry, but "Xbox One" is fucking awful

Wii was a funny joke, but we got used to it
WiiU may have been stupid, but it just seems natural now

Ouya seems meaningless and dumb
Pippin is goofy

But "Xbox one"... Now that's fucking stupid. Like, okay, yeah, The "Xbox 1" came out over a decade and a half ago. Fuck off. Now I have to fucking call it "Original" "First" or "OG" so people know what the fuck I'm talking about.

You wanted me to call it "The One"? The one what? That's not a name. It sounds like you're referring to a singular object, but not by name.

Then Microsoft has the fucking nerve to tell us it's "Disrespectful" to call it the "Xbone." Like, fuck you. If you didnt want it to be called the Xbone, you should have made sure it's abbreviation wasn't FUCKING XBONE

HOLY FUCK that shit gets me so mad
>>
>>3120510

Except "Nomad" is the perfect name because it explains exactly what it's purpose is.

Do you know what a nomadic tribe is?
>>
>>3121558
Dreamcast is god tier. Name, logo, design. IMO, barring the gamecube maybe, it's the most game console-y game console of all time. Don't talk shit on the wonderswan either.

>>3121964
Marc 2 would've been a dope name.
>>
>>3121558
Dreamcast is fucking perfect.

It's literally a cast of a dream.
>>
>>3120429
Marty-Not a Gay Dog
>>
File: nomad-star-trek.jpg (7KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
nomad-star-trek.jpg
7KB, 320x213px
>>3125328
I am Nomad. I am perfect. That which is imperfect must be sterilized.
>>
>>3126603

God fucking damnit
>>
>ctrl+f
>no commodore 64
When I was a kid I thought the Commodores made it, and was like "what a shit name".
>>
>>3126821
It's the same as the Nintendo 64, only that the company was called Commodore.
Now Amiga on the other hand sounds gay.
>>
>>3125325
>Then Microsoft has the fucking nerve to tell us it's "Disrespectful" to call it the "Xbone."

Nice to know. I'll be calling it Xbone to spite them then. Fucking pricks
>>
>>3126492
gb2/e621/
>>
>>3126850
>Amiga
>gay
>literally girlfriend in Spanish
>>
>>3127364
>literally girlfriend in Spanish
Nope. Amiga means friend (who is female) in Spanish, not girlfriend. Novia is girlfriend in the context of being an unwed significant other.
>>
>>3121964
>Marc
Jesus what a gay name.

"Hey mom, just gonna play with my Marc for a moment."
>>
>>3120765
>Game.com
>dot is silent
Blind with rage
>>
>>3127374
it's worse then, it means you're friendzoned
>>
>>3121554
girls aren't good at games
>>
File: TotallyLegitNintendoProduct.jpg (27KB, 401x599px) Image search: [Google]
TotallyLegitNintendoProduct.jpg
27KB, 401x599px
>>3121554
We've got the perfect console for you!
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.