[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This series caught my interest, but its obscurity and lack of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tengai-book.jpg (32KB, 292x283px) Image search: [Google]
tengai-book.jpg
32KB, 292x283px
This series caught my interest, but its obscurity and lack of translation made it very difficult to catch on in the west. Anyfan can give some background info on the game or the changes made in the remakes?
Also the image is very deviant from the other games in the series in terms of theme, just saying.
>>
>>3118992
>but its obscurity and lack of translation made it very difficult to catch on in the west
The only Far East of Eden product to leave Asia was the fighting game on the Neo Geo, as far as everything else goes they didn't even try to bring it over. Far East of Eden like many things, just wouldn't sell enough to warrant localization and it's already about something incredibly niche. I'm not saying it doesn't have it's appeal but that's usually a warning signal to publishers when looking for games to throw at a foreign market blah blah you probably know these things

In retrospect, I'm glad Konami was generous enough to release even one Goemon game over here and that Dragonball Z caught on the way it did.
>>
>>3119097
Guess you're right, it mostly comes down to appeal. The series seems to depend on a lot of Eastern lore and references, which most people either don't know of (me included) or it's not to their taste.

Also I miss Goemon.
>>
I only played the fighting game, pretty good stuff.

>>3119097
Konami released actually 5 Goemon games in the west.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1024x768px
Only one I played is the Saturn one in OP's picture, but it's a good solid game, and the full-screen hand-animated enemies were kinda neat.
>>
>>3119161
>Konami released actually 5 Goemon games in the west.
I know that, Europe got an extra game boy title adding up to 5. If you read my post I was expressing gratitude that they even released one.
>>
A remake of the first one was released, for the
Xbox 360 (JAP) of all systems.

Though the graphics was on early ps2 quality.
>>
Intresting tidbit, in Kabuki Klash, the character Yagumo (lady dancer), was created exclusively for the fighting game.

While the others at least appeared once in the series.
>>
>>3119178
Anyone tried emulating it with Xenia?
>>
>>3118992

I played almost every /vr/ game on this series.

Tengai Makyou Ziria is really outdated in the gameplay department, think of it as Dragon Quest with cutscenes and jokes once in a while. It was only remade on 360, but it's horrible, you can watch some videos on Niconico.

Manjimaru isn't that different but it's really a massive game for the PC Engine, it's a 45 hours+ game. So you have a pretty long RPG ahead. At this point the series got a little more wacky, but not like it will happen later with other games. There are some remakes on DS, Gamecube and PS2.

Fuun Kabuki Den. This one is a spin off with Kabuki Danjuro as the main character. In this game is where the series become a wacky series and in that aspect is more similar to The Apocalypse IV. The random encounters are super annoying, but I think it's the most funny because of the musical scenes. Kinda like Apocalypse IV, it features a distorted vision of the UK.

The Apocalypse IV; The last RPG until Namida, It has wacky characters, good humour and a distorted America. Unlike the other games, there are no longer random encounters, once you bump and enemy, the battle starts right away. I'll recommend the PSP version for this one, since it has some extra story content that isnt on the Saturn version.

Tengai Makyo Karakuru Kakutoden; the PC-FX spin off, it's the same as Battle Heat and other PC-FX fighting games, nothing special, and it features characters from the first two games.
>>
File: tm4-3[1].jpg (79KB, 653x450px) Image search: [Google]
tm4-3[1].jpg
79KB, 653x450px
Dem FMV encounters.
>>
>>3119378
Wow thanks, I thought the newer versions would include more story content.
Also I think Manjimaru and Apocalypse seemed the most interesting.
>>
I just noticed, the 2nd game has the name Manji, in kanji it's represented by the controversial swastika character. This may be another factor why the game never came to the west.

It didnt help That the main character is named MANJI-MARU for Pete's sake.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.