[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: saturn.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
Any capture card Recommendations??
>>
VCR + Composite to USB PC playback recorder.
>>
Elgato game capture HD is really affordable and idiot-proof. I like the video quality, but if the signal drops it stops recording unlike a DV deck or something like that.

Works well for me on composite, s-video and component
>>
File: ocarina.webm (366KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ocarina.webm
366KB, 640x480px
This is from a Roxio vhs to dvd usb capture card, over s-video. The card accepts 480i video only, giving lower res games a blurry look.
>>
>>3118952
Did you have composite also plugged in when capturing this? Or is your S-Video cable bad? That crosshatch noise pattern isn't normal.
>>
>>3118897
I bought an Elgato Game Capture to see what the buzz was about. I sold it shortly afterward because my Avermedia C027 was better, not counting the fact it was a PCI card. Elgato had overscan problems, didn't work well giving me a clean, true to source quality, aspect ratio problems, and there was a huge delay from the source.
>>
>>3119265
If you are going seriously play while capturing it's best to split the signal, 1 for playing, 1 for capture.
>>
>>3118952
>The card accepts 480i video only, giving lower res games a blurry look.

You're supposed to deinterlace it, anon. In case of 240p games you double the framerate and duplicate fields.
>>
>>3118952
>>3119408
Although your webm is showing you didn't pick up the good color space/chrome subsampling when recording. Experiment until you find the one that gives a better image.
>>
>>3119403
This is the proper way, you're completely right. But due to my space and setup I don't have the luxury to split off to a proper display. With my internal C027, the "lag" is only a frame or two. I know it's completely unneeded to rag on the Elgato for having a delay because there's encoding being done on the fly, but shit like aspect ratio and overscan problems are inexcusable. I found it impossible to get a perfect 1:1 source out of Playstation games. With PS4 and I guess other HD consoles in general, they were fine.
>>
>>3119912
>aspect ratio and overscan problems are inexcusable
>I found it impossible to get a perfect 1:1 source out of Playstation games.

It's not even that hard, but you must know the internal resolution for each game.
>>
>>3120024
Some games switch resolutions for menus. I remember that screwed up my deinterlacing filter when I cared about video recording.
>>
>>3120030
If you're talking about 480i some older consoles did this as well, I don't think it's an issue, it just requires some more work. What are your overscan/aspect ratio problems though?
>>
>>3120041
This is me, not him.

>>3120024
Obviously I wasn't going for 384x512 from the Elgato. Even just a simple 640x480 from a PS1 had black bars on it, where as Avermedia C027 would give me a 720x480 with a 640x480 image in the center as intended.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.