[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with repairing a snes cartridge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: cart.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
cart.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Hello guys, i have this super mario all stars snes cartridge, one of the diodes is broken, what diode do i need to replace the broken one?

also, the game runs fine winouth it, it even saves properly, its this damaging the game?
>>
How the fuck do you even do that...

Google repro carts and stuff. Probably find a list of values. 100v 1a or something.
>>
>>3117243
do you mean resistor? because D2 looks rather shitty
>>
>>3117243
Generic small signal diode like 1N4148 or 1N914, both are fucking common.
>tape
The obvious sign that a retard worked on this.
There's a great reason for the special security screws to prevent dumb little brats to fuck up their games internally like in this case.
>it even saves properly
Then it falls off your hands and hits the floor, then you wonder why the saved data is gone.
>>
>>3117801
i dont know much about components, im assuming D2 its a diode.
>>
>>3117851
thanks for telling me which diode is, i dont know much about those.
>>
>>3117851
Be surprised man. That was probably done by a grown man in his 30s.
>>
>>3117904
it is
>>
>>3117904
D=diode
R=resistor
C=capacitor
>>
>>3118014
how do i know with which diode i can replace with?

and why does it work winouth one lol

and yes, i have to solder a new battery, tape its bad idea.
>>
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Semiconductors/1N4148TR/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtoHjESLttvklTOdRQGz66dWL%252bWDOcJ%2fuo%3d
>>
>>3117243
>not playing the game as the faggot who fucked up a diode when he pried off a dead battery and had to tape down the replacement originally intended.
>>
>>3117908
as if how it is secured even matters that much.
>>
>>3118273
Hackjob is a hackjob and it does matter, champ.
>>
>>3118014
Also that little line with the arrow on it is the symbol for diode! It's been a while since ET A school, but I also think the direction is important as well.
>>
>>3118025
I think diodes control the direction of flow of the electricity. It works fine without it under normal circumstances, but it could cause damage if something causes an electrical current to jump the wrong way.
>>
>>3118342
yes a diode only lets current flow in one direction, I would worry more about it damaging the console than the game that is already hacked up .

>>3118025
>how do i know with which diode i can replace with?
d2 appears to be the same as d1 from here, maybe there is enough left to read the bands.
google "diode identification" or "identifying diodes" solder that battery in too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.