[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Dragon Quest/Warrior 1 romhacks that just have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: golem.png (7KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
golem.png
7KB, 256x224px
Are there any Dragon Quest/Warrior 1 romhacks that just have a simple boost in gold & experience gain? Ideally in the 15x range? This game has aged horribly and all this grinding only exists to pad out the game, and I just can't tolerate it.
>>
>>3117148
Why not just use a cheat to start at a high level and walk through like that? It would the same effect in the end.
>>
Why don't you just play the SFC remake?
>>
>>3117148
just play the Super Famicom or Game Boy Color version
>>
>>3117151
>>3117152
Do those have boosted gain rates?
>>
>>3117154
Why do you think we recommended it, silly?
>>
>>3117159
I dunno. You can never tell with /vr/ these days. I'm surprised I wasn't immediately jumped with "GAMES DON'T AGE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
>>
>>3117167
They don't age, but they're a relic of their time.
But as it was noted, just get the GBC version and play it on a Super Game Boy
>>
>>3117173
Okay, thanks. Do you happen to know by how much the gains are boosted?
>>
>>3117178
Not 15x. If I remember maybe 5-10x but it's been a while
>>
>>3117148
Jesus Christ, you people need to learn to use the catalog.
There are already two Dragon Quest threads up, PLUS a Romhacking thread. You could have posted this in any one of those.
>>3015551
>>3085606
>>3107042
>>
>>3117321
I don't think they were boosted that much.

Enemies in the NES that gave you 1 to 2 experience give 2 to 3 in SNES. Some the have 12 give 17. It seems like a 1.5x experience gain overall. Same for gold I believe.
>>
>>3117167
Let me help you with that. You're a pussy faggot. Just play the game as it was designed.
>>
>>3117148
If you don't want to play the game as intended (you girl) just cheat. There's no reason for such a romhack to exist.
>>
>>3117167
Games don't age. ... By which I mean Dragon Quest was never good in the first place, it kicked off a genre because it was a novelty, and you couldn't get any RPG-based games on consoles back then.
>>
>>3120184
Why didn't they make it for the FDS? At least you could have saved instead of that password shit.
>>
>>3117173
>don't age
>they're a relic of their time
>not understanding that these are figuratively the same thing
>>
>>3117148
Load up cheat engine.
>>
>>3117148
Theres monsters you can kill specifically to get xp (I dont remember) or gold (gold golems)
>>
Skip to DQ3, you're not missing much
>>
>>3117167
>I'm surprised I wasn't immediately jumped with "GAMES DON'T AGE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
You were shitposting, but some people on /vr/ desperately try to keep the board quality up.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.