[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the some good fantasy beat em ups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: dungeonmagic-2.png (73KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
dungeonmagic-2.png
73KB, 320x224px
what are the some good fantasy beat em ups?
>>
D&D Tower of Doom/Shadow Over Mystara
King of Dragons
>>
>>3117089
>Dungeon Magic
>Good

You better not be implying that or I will slap you.
>>
>>3117409
dungeon magic rules faggot
>>
King of Dragons. Everything else sucks.
>>
>>3117798
you're obviously gay because you have gay tastes in games. dungeon magic is shit
>>
>>3117956
how is it shit? the action is solid enough and the puzzles and exploration make it a bit more involved than other beat em ups. Your opinions are shit.
>>
File: guardian_heroes.jpg (254KB, 767x1169px) Image search: [Google]
guardian_heroes.jpg
254KB, 767x1169px
>>3117089
don't mind me, just posting the magnum opus of fantasy brawlers
>>
>>3117960
your tastes in game is shit. eat a shit sandwich you shitty shithead
>>
Golden Axe anyone?
>>
Knights of the Round
King of Dragons
D&D1+2
Golden Axe RODA
Wild Fang
>>
>>3118135
Not him but I just watched a Let's Play and it strikes me as a fun experience. Maybe lighten up a bit?
>>
>>3117089
Beyond Oasis
>>
>>3118203
How about you actually play the game before butting in, butthead
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mkwip0fALC1qz4rgp.jpg (19KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mkwip0fALC1qz4rgp.jpg
19KB, 500x367px
>>3118135
That's what I call shitposting!
>>
>>3118259
Dont shit on me, you errant shitter.
>>
>>3118021
my man

HD remake on XBLA makes it perfect
>>
>>3118021
>HD version not on steam or psn
>just xbox
Fuck this.
>>
>>3118597
I'd trade Ikaruga PC for Guardian Heroes PC+netplay.
>>
>>3117956

Not him, but I actually am a fag looking for beat em ups that feature big beefy men wearing almost nothing. Anyone have any good recommendations? I've already played most of the basics.
>>
Warriors of fate
>>
>>3118290

man the quality Carlos posting has just gone down the drain
>>
File: sfus0006.png (4KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
sfus0006.png
4KB, 384x224px
Do this:

1) Play more Tenchi wo Kurau 1 (arcade).

2) Do step 1.
>>
>>3118738
I own it for pc engine actually, and I have the second for my saturn.
>>
>>3118857
Cool. Both games are some of the best ever.

You like URA mode?
>>
>>3118916
Umm what is that? I love the games because of their setting I'm not the best at them haha.
>>
>>3118149
>>3118152

Golden Axe 2 is superior in most ways - it has better controls, and it's better paced.
>>
>>3120191
Are you talking about GA2 for the Genesis? I like that game the best in the series, even better than Revenge of Death Adder. GA2 doesn't do anything new, but it fixes most of the gameplay-related problems that GA1 had and polished up the controls, hit detection and game balance.

GA2 actually made Ax-Battler good and better than Tyris, so every character is worth using. On hard mode, the game is fun and challenging, especially if you impose a no-mounts-challenge on yourself. The throwing mechanics are the absolute best in the series. The thing that prevents me from fully enjoying GA1 and Revenge is that thrown enemies just pass through other enemies and don't do any knockback. That bugs me a lot when beat'em'ups do that because throws are one of the most satisfying thing to do in the genre. The magic system is also the best in the series because it's useful to be able to do a quick level 1 magic for crowd control (knock enemies off their mounts), and Ax-Battler's level 3 is awesome for setting up an infinite on groups of enemies.

For me:
GA2 > GA:RODD > GA1 (arcade) > GA3 > GA1 (console)

GA2: Most polished (in terms of gameplay) game in the series. Best mechanics in the series.
GA:RODD: Beautiful game and solid gameplay, but has bad throwing mechanics (which is inexcusable for me).
GA1 (arcade): Clunky, buggy mess but it's charming as fuck and just plain fun to play.
GA3: Mechanics are fine and all, but the game is on the boring and repetitive side for me.
GA1 (console): Not a fan. The enemy AI seems even worse than the arcade. For instance, stand on the bottom edge of the screen and enemies will sometimes get stuck. Maybe that also happened in the arcade game, but I can't remember, it's been like 8 years since I played it.
>>
>>3118738
>playing games about chinese history
everyone knows chinese people are weak and spineless, disgusting to play games glorifying their history
>>
>>3120396
Calm down, Temujin. Everyone knows that Romance of the Three Kingdoms is 90% fiction.
>>
How about some good non-fantasy beat 'em ups anons?

My favourites:
>Bucky O' Hare
>X-men
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
>Alien Storm
>Alien vs. Predator
>Spiderman
>Streets of Rage 2

I play these all fairly regularly with my bro.
>>
Does Die By The Sword count? It should.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.