[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream Factory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Wart_dokidokipanic[1].png (400KB, 721x341px) Image search: [Google]
Wart_dokidokipanic[1].png
400KB, 721x341px
Just recently played through this for the first time, and it made me realize just how "forced" all the mario shit feels in the mario 2 USA remake. Sound design of dream factory fits way more into the aesthetic of the world, the characters are more interesting/fitting, the music is great, but I realized they added a few extra parts to the first level music in mario USA, which were my least favorite part of the song.
TLDR I think I like dream factory/doki doki panic more than Mario USA, anyone else feel the same, and why?
>>
I probably prefer it. The whole mid-east vibe fits better with the DDP family than it does with Mario characters. It also bugged me that the grass was made red in SMB2 (which is arguably more interesting than the original's immobile black clumps), but they left the tufts at the top of the veggies as black.

I will admit, though, that some of my preference might be due to younger me being highly fascinated with DDP as the real Mario 2. Pretty sure it was the primary reason that I bought a Disk System back in the very early 2000s.
>>
DID YOU KNOW SMB2 is my least favourite entry in the series?
>>
>>3115287
DID YOU KNOW SMB2 is my most favourite entry in the series?
>>
I didn't feel like anything was "forced", I always felt that they didn't do enough differentiate them. They mostly just replaced a few sprites, and changed stuff like the heart to a mushroom. I liked it better as a Super Mario game, but that is 100% nostalgia talking. It's my favorite of the NES trilogy. Although, I definitely agree that Doki Doki Panic had style.
>>
>>3115287
This. Game is shit no matter how you look at it. So is Jap 2.
>>
>>3115193
Why does Mama dress like a Flatwoods monster?
>>
File: 1665675-images.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1665675-images.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>3115625

Probably just a coincidence but either way I think that monster is somehow ingrained in Japanese culture because he appears quite often.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.