[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got it on humble bundle and liked it. What do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gain-ground-world.png (376KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
gain-ground-world.png
376KB, 348x500px
Just got it on humble bundle and liked it. What do you think of it /vr/?
>>
Try the arcade version, it's better. Although I don't like GG very much, it's one of those unique games that people never copied enough (or at all). The lives system is very unique.
>>
I've only ever played the genesis port, but I love it, honestly. Very unique game, and it was really cool to see all the different characters and find the best ways to use their unique weapons.
>>
I think the pc engine version is the definitive version, something about they made your units move faster relative to the vertical screen resolution or whatever.
>>
>>3110986
Why the fuck did they give us the genesis port of the game on the sega collection? I know its basicly an emulator with half the choices and options gone but what the fuck? Why would I want the lesser version of the game?
>>
>>3110983

>NEC Avenue also ported Gain Ground to the PC Engine Super CD under the title Gain Ground SX. Other than the excellent redbook audio soundtrack, there's really nothing that takes advantage of the CD format. In spite of this, it's probably one of the best ports of Gain Ground out there. In order to faithfully recreate the levels, the action has been zoomed in, and the screen now scrolls up and down. Additionally, all of the characters seem to move and fire a bit faster, plus many of the enemies are a bit easier. While one can argue that it takes a lot of the challenge out of the game, it's also much more playable - and fun - than any other version.
Sounds like a casual fest.
>>
>>3110930
>humble bundle
>muh DRM
>muh steam
>I pay shekels to jewlords.

Get >>>/out/
>>
>>3111213
I honestly would and could easily emulate this. Infact i'd rather emulate it because it gives me way more fucking options and even configurations. I just wanted Rome total war and dawn of war pack
>>
>>3111213
The sad thing is Humble Bundle was originally DRM free. I previously bought several bundles, and I didn't notice when they switched to Steam only. I got a refund in that case, but they're still being very sneaky about it, not making it obvious when it's Steam only. OP "got" a game but he didn't buy it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.