[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite game from LGS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

File: LGSlogo.jpg (31KB, 475x176px) Image search: [Google]
LGSlogo.jpg
31KB, 475x176px
What is your favorite game from LGS?
>>
Thief Gold. You get to play as a stealthy treasure hunting rogue.

Thief II had too many noisy robots.
>>
Thief 2. You get to play as a stealthy loot stealing rogue.

Thief Gold had too many annoying undead.
>>
System Shock 2. You get to play as a cyber-enhanced soldier.

System Shock had too little horror.
>>
>>3105520
I agree.

I also believe that Thief 2 had rope arrows, didn't it?
>>
System Shock, System Shock 2, Thief, Thief 2

can't choose
>>
>>3105415
FLIGHT UNLIMITED 3. leave it to them to make the best flight simulator
>>
>>3105697
Rope Arrows were in both Thief 1 and 2.
>>
>>3105520
oh look, it's a pleb that hated the horror maps of thief
>>
Thief: The Dark Project

Thief Gold had too many missions out of place.
>>
>>3106305
System Shock 2 or Thief Gold

>this guy
Assassins and Song of the Caverns are a couple of the best missions in the series
>>
>>3106327
Yeah, because Assassins is a Dark Project mission.

SOTC is okay in the sense of a nicely done location - operahouse - and its sound design, but doesn't fit in the game world of Thief 1. It should have been in Thief 2 instead. Plus (and more importantly!) I find the whole "4 talismans spread over 4 missions" needlessly long and focus breaking.
>>
>>3106364
>>3106370
Thanks for making me depressed.
>>
File: map.jpg (826KB, 1914x1908px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
826KB, 1914x1908px
>>
Thief: The Dark Project

One of the best games ever.
>>
>>3106370
It's not included but most of Bioshock 2's maps are unfortunately more linear than the first game, or at least have more roadblocks, like having to get the camera to get into the apartments.
>>
>>3106404
this was one of my favorite levels, sneaking around literally anywhere in it is interesting
>>
File: thief2 2016-04-02 10-09-46-88.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thief2 2016-04-02 10-09-46-88.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What's your opinion on texture mods and new dark?

Also EAX 1.0 a detriment or an enhancement of soundscape?
>>
File: Thief_Deadly_Shadows_wallpaper.jpg (310KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Thief_Deadly_Shadows_wallpaper.jpg
310KB, 1600x1200px
Thief 1 and 2 of course.

I liked 3 but I can see why hardcore fans of the series would dislike it.
>>
File: thief2-2016-04-02-11-14-45-33.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thief2-2016-04-02-11-14-45-33.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
Cause of death: pagan worship

Dunno why, this one always makes me laugh, I think I've seen it in some Dark Mod mission as well
>>
Definitely Thief 2, but I keep feeling like iirc the game had worn out its welcome by the end.
>>
Terra Nova and System Shock.
>>
Thief Gold/TDP = System Shock 2 > Thief 2 = System Shock

I gotta play Ultima underworld still though
>>
>>3108624
Since when do people consider thief 2 a worse game to the prequel

Literally improved upon every single questionable design choice in thief gold
>>
>>3106087
>>3105697
Thief 2 added moss arrows, their usefulness is limited to "for when you need to bop a guy on the bonce, but taffer's standing on metal/tile floor"
>>
>>3108670
Some people prefer it for the spookier atmosphere and liked things which others see as questionable design decisions (and see things like totally removing undead themed levels from Thief 2 as a questionable design decision for that game).
Perhaps people are more vocal about the fact that they prefer it now as a reaction to years of people saying 2 is so much better you can skip 1.

>>3108516
Texture mods are fucking terrible.
>>
>>3108883
>Perhaps people are more vocal about the fact that they prefer it now as a reaction to years of people saying 2 is so much better you can skip 1.
Yeah, those were the days. And it is, let's be honest with ourselves. But skipping thief 1 is just stupid, just get a walkthrough for the latter levels.

>>3108883
>Texture mods are fucking terrible.
I installed some shit on top of new dark, it's pretty hit and miss but in general looks nicer than the original textures which are not only low res but come from that era when using photographic reference for textures was pretty uncommon (max payne started that trend I think)
>>
>>3108674
I swear there were moss arrows in 1, unless they added them in gold.
>>
>>3108670
Thief TDP/Gold has a much better feel of being an adventure game in addition to the stealth, the emotional progression you get from moving to burgling mansions to supernatural stuff is superb. I'd say Return to the Cathedral is the climax of the game.

A big issue I (and probably others) have with Thief 2 is the final level. In the first game the Maw of Chaos was an interesting idea, but handled poorly because you can just bunny hop straight to the end down a linear path and hardly have to do any stealth actions. In 2 they went counter to this, creating a sprawling level that was split into two parts and involved lots of backtracking, and you need to stay stealthy because you don't want Mechanist machines going haywire over the entire map. That combination of deliberately slowing the player combined with a very complex fetch quest leaves players with a poor taste in their mouth of the endgame. It succeeds in being a challenging final level that asks players to co combine the skills they've learned over the game, but it's not nearly as enjoyable as the rest of the game.

There's also an issue with objectives for the difficulties. If we think of Thief Gold on Normal as asking the player to only see 1/2 of the level, Thief 2 asks the player to see 3/4 of the level on its normal setting. It's a small thing but it harms replay value of the second game just a tad, because Thief 2 from the getgo is more difficult than the first game.
>>
Ultima Underword will always be the best. I can't think of a single flaw with those two games.
>>
>>3108912
There were, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking 'bout
>>
>>3109003
their biggest flaw is that system shock beat them both
>>
Thief 2
>>
Literally all of them. Except the flight simulator which I haven't tried.
>>
>>3109001
>A big issue I (and probably others) have with Thief 2 is the final level
Those are some strange complaints you got there.
Would you prefer any other stealth game final level? That is to say a big shootout to make things feel climactic?

>>3108912
>>3109020
Fuck, I meant vine arrows. Which are rope arrows+
>>
>>3108670
Just from map design alone thief 1 just looks nicer. Some of the cities/spawn area you start in in 2 are so bad looking
>>
How are their flight simulator games?
>>
>>3106413
How do people keep making Snacklish stuff? I thought they shut it down years ago.
>>
>>3108670
Spookier atmosphere, better plot, and while both games were rushed you can feel it more with T2, especially when they recycle things like with Casing the Joint.
>>
>>3109416
Any in particular? I never really thought about start locations in these games like that before.
>>
>>3112335
Framed (especially), First City Bank & Trust, Blackmail. Seems like they just spent a lot less time on the "overworld"; in TDP they're all really well made. In T2 some are literally just boxes skinned with houses
>>
>>3112636
I'll agree with Framed as a low point, it's an awkwardly constructed start area.
>>
>>3108516
NewDark is amazing. Most texture mods are utter garbage.

>>3108670
Thief 1/Gold has better mission design and variety, better atmosphere and better storytelling.
>>
Just kidding, System Shock 2.
>>
File: cover.jpg (72KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
72KB, 640x468px
System Shock 2 for me.

...and pic related (which was one of LGS' last games) is alright and actually a tad better than the PS1 games IMO
>>
>>3108670
>Since when do people consider thief 2 a worse game to the prequel
Since /vr/ decided to fuse general 4chan contrarianism with the "older = better" mentality. See also: Fallout 1 vs Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 1 vs Baldur's Gate 2, and so on.
>>
>>3116113
How about the "it's just a better game" mentality? They're both sick games, but I do think Thief gold is better than 2.

Nobody thinks BGI is better than BGII
>>
>>3116113
Shouldn't it be Fallout 1 and 2 vs Fallout 3?
>>
>>3116148
map design is the meat of the game you fucking faggot, especially considering the actual mechanics are identical

you're the fucking casual
>>
>>3116113
Well Thief 2 technically isn't "retro", while Thief TDP is, 1998 is the "agreed" cut off point. So Thief Gold isn't retro either, HA!

I do prefer Fallout 1 to Fallout 2, but BG2 is objectively superior to BG1, come ON
>>
SS2 for me.

But since people are debating which is the best Thief game, I'll opine and say 2.

The first one is spoiled by too many undead and non-human enemies.
>>
>>3116120
>Nobody thinks BGI is better than BGII
I do. DEBATE ME
>>
>>3116416
YOU'RE ENTIRELY ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, MAN. Debate over.
>>
Looking Glass Studio is my constant reminder to be humble regarding the opinions of others and gaming. This thread is full of shining examples of games that shaped gamers lives that I've always found intolerably unplayable. Enjoy what you love guys.
>>
>>3105415
Thrillho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM
>>
>>3116120
That's a reaction to people saying "BG1 is shit just skip it and move to BG2" which is retarded since there are so many returning characters and things you'll miss out on if you just skip the first one. I get that some people prefer the exploration of BG1 and lower level adventures. BG2 improves on BG1 in just about every way but that doesn't make the first one a bad game.
>>
>>3117470
so then what do you like, respectfully?
>>
>>3116148
You talk like atmosphere and plot and things like that weren't important to these games.
>>
>>3106059
Mah polynesian tribesman.
>To this day, the ATC in Flight Unlimited sounds less "microsoft sam" than that of FSX
>Photorealistic scenery of Seattle and the SFO bay area in the late 90s.
>Better simulation of weather/icing than MSFS until about 2004.
>Aircraft damage is modelled visually (mostly just a nicety, but in the case of the motorglider at least you can land it with snapped wings.)
>"Trainer 5 Lima Golf, if you don't stop buzzing the tower I'll have you shot down."
>>
>>3109145
>>3109536
If you like flight sims, even though it's dated you'll probably find them comfy.

Flight unlimited 1: Aerobatic simulator, uses mathematical modelling of the airflow over the plane to give a very realistic flight-model (X-plane does the same thing iirc.) with a few relatively small areas to fly and a cool 3D user interface styled after a FBO.
Flight unlimited 2: General Aviation (light aircraft) simulator with the entire SFO bay area and 5/6 planes. (Cessna, DHC-2 seaplane, Beech Baron, P-51, Piper Arrow + Fokker Triplane if you get a patch.), cool scenarios like flying a CIA guy to an aircraft carrier, SFO bay area in photorealistic scenery. AI aircraft populate the skies and realistic ATC procedures are followed.
They had to ditch the flight model from the first game because the guy who made it fired/was quit (i forget) and it was completely incomprehensible spaghetti code. There are lots of nice little scenery details too (if you land beside a cruise ship, you can hear music for example.)
Flight unlimited 3: As above, but with more planes (+a glider, a private jet, a high-speed single engine prop plane, and another seaplane.), Area around Seattle is modelled but if you have the discs from 2 you can add the scenery for SFO. There's also an "outer terrain" area which covers a huge amount of the west coast in pretty poor quality (relatively speaking, compared to FS-98 it's still pretty good.)
FU3 has a small number of add-on aircraft and sceneries available online. The aircraft overall are pretty basic, but since they're nearly all general-aviation types this isn't a big deal and I'd say almost anyone should be able to at least take-off out of the box.

Unfortunately I can't find any good pictures to illustrate. On a nice, clear day the graphical limitations stand out more - if you fly at dawn or dusk, or in bad weather it becomes much more atmospheric, struggling to keep a cessna on-course flying blind in a thunderstorm.
>>
System Shock

I'm just glad Enhanced came out and more people are playing it.
>>
>>3109536
dude who wrote the code/they fired invented the xbox
>>
>>3119158
What? When?
>>
>>3119957
Last fall, sort of a precursor to the Remastered announcement.
>>
>>3119957
>>3119158
Pic related is not enhanced edition, in case you're wondering (looks like that dark engine SS1 remake that died down)

Enhanced edition is slightly upscaled renderer that runs on modern OS and has mouselook mod integrated into it
>>
>>3120271
>that dark engine SS1 remake
No, it isn't. It is just concept art.
>>
Is System Shock something best played in the dark at night? I downloaded it months ago and haven't played it yet.
>>
>>3120543
It's not really horror since you can die as much as you want with little to no penalty once you get a cyborg conversion/resurrection/whatever/respawn/kajigger activated

Kinda strange that bioshock has those as well, when the game is piss easy on hardest difficulty
>>
>>3120543
SS1 is definitely a spooky game, but not in the same way 2 is. Most of the spooks come from not knowing what the floor will have in store for you. Assuming you haven't looked at any of the maps.
>>
File: level01top.gif (298KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
level01top.gif
298KB, 1024x768px
How come nobody ever talks about Ultima Underworld? I thought it was just as good if not better than the System Shock and Thief games.
>>
>>3120885
I've started it for the first time only recently and it¨s great. The goblin factions. Learning the lizardmen language. If only I'd put down mantras from previous levels.
>>
>>3106384

>The Hammers acquire The Eye and the Trickster uses it to raise the dead in an attempt to overthrow The City

The Trickster had nothing to do with the Old Quarter incident. That was just The Eye entertaining itself by making the Hammerites squirm. It's the kind of power that the artifact exhibited that tempted the Trickster to try to acquire it.

The Eye wouldn't even willingly cooperate with the Trickster even if he wanted to fill The City with undead. Constantine had to research some rare alchemical compounds to create a substance that would allow him to incapacitate sentient artifacts so that he could steal their power. The Trickster is an old, obsolete god of a bygone era. The glyph magic of the ancient keepers is more powerful than him. He had to seek that power to rise back to power and bring the modern world to its knees. I mean taff, originally he was driven away by a bunch of caveman carpenters wielding crude hammers.

What a sad and fascinatingly original story element. A senile old god wishing for the old days to return.
>>
>>3120885
Love UU1, it's like SS1 but less confusing and more of an RPG. Way better than Elder Scrolls. UU2 is a bit of a mess: the added technology helps with the rudimentary 3D and the larger rendering window but it's really difficult and the level design and world aren't nearly as well executed.
>>
File: 1391734008-map-1.jpg (44KB, 800x471px) Image search: [Google]
1391734008-map-1.jpg
44KB, 800x471px
Woah, this thread is exactly what I been looking for; info of thief universe.

Been playing The Dark Mod and fan missions for thief 2 lately.
Has anyone seen books...or fanfic worth of reading, that would be set in thief universe?
>>
File: sadgarret.jpg (29KB, 440x459px) Image search: [Google]
sadgarret.jpg
29KB, 440x459px
>>3122182

>picture

DELETE THIS
>>
>>3122201
Sshh have some quotes.

>page_0:"THIEF 2 QUOTELIST

Tim: 'I'm perfectly willing to screw the zombies for the patch.'

Randy: 'Why cheese? Why not barrels or crates or something?'
Emil: 'The apples were too small.'

Emil: 'See, he's limping because I shot him in the leg.'
Terri: 'So shoot him in the other leg.'

page_2: "Garrett: 'The city looks almost bearable from up here.'
Terri: 'God, what a cynic! Have a beer, Garrett.'

Alex: 'I can now drop a piece of cheese on the floor and mouse-look through it.'
Pat: 'You have a cheese with mouse-look?'

Alex: 'Did the Trickster get eaten?'
Emil: 'No, I'm going to devour him later tonight in a drunken rage.'"

page_3: "Emil (re: his wife's due date): 'The baby's in beta.'

(a radio plays faintly in the next room)
Terri: 'Do you hear a radio playing faintly somewhere, with a woman's voice?'
Emil: 'It's the voice of Viktoria. In your head.'
Tim: 'It's your muse.'
Terri: 'My muse isn't very helpful; I can't understand what she's saying.'

Rob: 'Once upon a time, not only would Dromed crash, but it would go out and kill your family afterwards.'
Mahk: 'I thought we took out that code.'

Kevin C.: 'I was confused. It worked exactly like I wanted it to, so I thought it must be broken!'"

Emil: 'Ok, I'm not going to get rid of my spider, but I will make him friendly.'"

"Emil: 'You WERE trying to look up her skirt.'
Dan K.: 'Well, I just wanted to see if it could be done. You have to throw the remote camera just right so it goes under their phys models,\
but it slides too far, and the noise alerts them and then they move around...\
it's really tough.

Rob: 'Randy, you have alarms in Bank, right?'
Randy: 'Yea...'
Rob: 'How do you refer to an alarm system?'
Emil: 'YE OLDE ALARM SYSTEM!!'

Emil: 'The bug said 'This object Terri won't sit down''.
Terri: 'Ok, she's not an object.'
Randy: 'Yea, don't treat Terri like an object.'"

Too many to post all, if anyone wants to read rest, Thief2/RES/books/english/M16B66
>>
>>3122220

I wonder why the way to get the quote scroll in Thief 2 is literally impossible to figure out on your own, but the one in Thief 1 is something everyone stumbles upon at some point...
>>
>>3119158
>>3120271
Too bad it's jewish property now , anon. Pay up!

>>3120885
I liked it but it has no replay value.
>>
File: 1456083045748.png (515KB, 726x599px) Image search: [Google]
1456083045748.png
515KB, 726x599px
>>3105415
NAH
>>
>>3124045
I still don't understand why a random guy who commits suicide has the same model as the PC.
>>
>>3116103
It's funny how all these PSX killer apps (like this, Resident Evil, etc) all came out way too late on the N64 to make a difference. It was almost mocking.

>ha ha we could have released this years ago and made the N64 actually popular but we were too busy sucking Sony's dick. Here, have this old rope...
>>
>>3105415
System Shock > Thief > Thief 2 > System Shock 2 > UU2 > UU
>>
File: dcAiTVm[1].jpg (638KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
dcAiTVm[1].jpg
638KB, 1920x960px
muh dick
10-mission FM campaign incoming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKVSyGvSQR8
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146501&p=2315674

I think skacky mentioned the idea for this here on /vr/ a while ago, or that might have been something else.
>>
File: T2_FM_Stats.png (30KB, 959x719px) Image search: [Google]
T2_FM_Stats.png
30KB, 959x719px
>>3128483
If it comes out this year, it'll be the most FMs TG has gotten in a while.
>>
>>3128483
Can't taffing wait.
>>
>>3128754
damn what happen in 06?
>>
>>3128483
Dark Mod BTFO

it's not bad, though
>>
>>3129361
IIRC some good authors are working on a campaign for TDM too. But the core game needs some work, especially on sound and performance.
>>
>>3112636
> some are literally just boxes skinned with houses

What the fuck are you talking about? What maps are just "boxes skinned with houses"?
>>
>>3105431
Mah nigga
>>
>>3124898
>PSX killer apps
>apps
Fuck off, summer reddit >>>/leddit/ >>>/normies >>>/im12/
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.