[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Short but sweet games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Hey /vr/, what are some games that are short, but still dripping with quality?

I recently completed Super Mario Land for the first time, and I'm still playing it. I didn't go in expecting much even though the game apparently sold 18 million copies, but was pleasantly surprised. I enjoy the level design a lot and lets be honest Superball Flower>Fire Flower.

After I've had my fill of this, I'll probably move onto the other games in the series. Are they better?
>>
Super Mario Land 2 is generally considered to be a fun little jaunt through some more themed levels. If you liked 1, you'll like 2.
SML3(henceforth called Wario Land) is a change to the system, not only because you play as Wario, but also because of the treasure hunting aspect, different kill mechanics...most often considered to be the best of the original GB series.
Cannot comment on the rest, as I have not played.
>>
>>3092791
Ninja spirit on the turbografx is pretty amazing, despite such a short length. Fun weapons as well. At least it's still 7 levels. Someone skilled enough can beat it in 15 minutes, though the 1 hit death mode is very challenging.

Hint: last level has a ninja pit. It's impossible to get through unless you use a guide
>>
Kirby's Dream Land
Extra mode, 3 health
>>
>>3092972
>Arino falling through effortlessly on his third try.webm
>>
>Dripping with quality.
Fuck off, underage game journalism wannabe.
>>
File: notbad.jpg (157KB, 859x844px) Image search: [Google]
notbad.jpg
157KB, 859x844px
>>3092791
A round of Tetris Attack, be it vs. (~15 min) or Endless (~10min).
>>
>>3093165
Neglects the fact that arino has access to guides in the show
>>
File: ok with it.png (15KB, 379x214px) Image search: [Google]
ok with it.png
15KB, 379x214px
>well gravity is kind of fucked whenever you walk off a ledge instead of jumping but I guess it's alri-
>shmup segment out of nowhere
>>
>>3092791
the physics in this game were dog shit.
>>
>>3092791
SML2 is significantly better. SML1 felt cheap and shitty.
>>
>>3092791
I actually really liked super mario land more than some of the main titles. The evironmemts were really strange and new compared to most mario games, and the shmup segments were cool. Id love for nintendo to return to it since its so difcerent. However the controls were a bit off. Overall though i really like it.

as for another short and sweet game as you put it, im going to go with either yume penguin monogatari. Its a really unique game and its a shame its so obscure.
>>
Kung Fu and Spartan X2 are both short and good.

Master of Darkness for SMS is nice Castlevania clone.

Jackal, GOAT top down run n gun.

Batman on NES.

Trax for Game Boy, cute tank shooter.
>>
>>3093183

What the fuck is yer problem dude? So easily triggered by anything
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.