[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

myst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: MystCover.png (109KB, 256x307px) Image search: [Google]
MystCover.png
109KB, 256x307px
what's your opinion on the myst series? it's one of my favourites
>>
meh
>>
one of the best slideshows ever
>>
realMyst > Myst
>>
the idea was great, the puzzles were great, the lore (though inconsistent) was great and the worlds were great

I grate this game a great/great
>>
File: 5M9cN5d.jpg (59KB, 510x587px) Image search: [Google]
5M9cN5d.jpg
59KB, 510x587px
>>
>>3090383
crap
>>
This game is the reason why many people got CD-ROM drives for a short time in the 90's.
>>
>>3090383
Enjoyable if you have a ton of time and a nice notebook.
You should try Riven afterwards
>>
>>3090597
If I enjoyed the fuck out of myst, why wouldn't I have played riven?

think anon, use your mind, it's not just for myst y'know
>>
I loved Myst. I love the surreal early 3D feel.
Riven is a masterpiece.
Uru has a great atmosphere, but the story and some puzzles were out of place.
>>
>>3090383
I would enjoy it much more if I could actually play it. It's wildly incompatible with modern hardware, software and vms
>>
It looks neat, but I know I'm too stupid to beat these games. I don't have the patience to get stuck on a puzzle for hours and not just immediately look up a guide, and that kind of defeats the whole point.
>>
>>3090713
realmyst mang
>>
>>3090764
isn't that this realtime 3d junk, instead of the still pics? I got myst complete sitting around
>>
>>3090774
It is actually a very good remake.

>>3090383
It's a good puzzle game and it manages to connect the puzzles together and to the game world much better than most puzzle games of such ilk do.

>>3090715
Puzzles are actually not hard, and there are hints to the most of them scattered around, except unlike in some modern puzzles they are not a pieces of paper or notes, but clues in the surrounding.
>>
>>3090790
>It is actually a very good remake.
which makes it completely useless when you want to play the original
>>
>>3090795
but it's useful if you want to play it today
>>
>>3090801
not really. It's useful if you want to play a realtime 3d remake of the game. It's not useful if you want to play the game. You're on /vr/, you should understand the difference
>>
>>3090809
I mean in the sense that it's incompatible with modern tech
>>
>>3090812
different games have different states of compatibility, who would have thought. Doesn't help me one iota
>>
I tried it and just couldn't get into it. Didn't have the patience for it.
>>
fuckin masterpiece
>>
File: jus reign myst.png (817KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
jus reign myst.png
817KB, 1280x800px
I've seen this commercial like 50 times on tv before I noticed the book on his desk
>>
One of my favorite games ever
>>
Myst was pretty good but Riven is better. Loved that most of Riven took place in the one age, even if it was on separate islands.

I dropped 4 partway through because I got stuck but I remember it being ok. Is it worth going back to play 4 and 5?
>>
>>3091485
Anyone know how to get Riven working in Windows 10 yet? Classic and GOG versions are both fucked, though in different ways.
>>
>>3090406
This, world-design, story and puzzles are all glorious. But the whole screenshot format doesn't add to the experience at all when compared to modern FPS movement.
>>
>>3091491
There's a version of ScummVM that can run it, do it through that.
>>
>>3091485
I'd say Revelation is definitely worth finishing. Many consider it to be the last entry in the main series. End of Ages doesn't really fit with the other games, so I don't consider it necessary. If you must play it, you should play Uru first and keep in mind that EoA marked the beginning of the dark ages for Cyan.
>>
>>3091485
If you really liked the previous games, yeah why not finish it. Besides the corny acting and weird plot elements, I thought it was a shame that the environments were really beautiful but most of the puzzles just ended up being pulling levers in the right order.

Myst 5 is really a sequel to Uru. It's a huge jump in time since Myst 4 and if you haven't played Uru you'll feel like you missed part of the plot, which isn't that good for a Myst game anyway.
>>
>>3092050
>>3092479
Thanks for the advice. I always ignored Uru because I'm not sure where it fits. Guess I'll look into it.
>>
>>3090604
this might be the most autistic post I've read all this year
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.