[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this pic make you feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: Dollet_4.jpg (151KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
Dollet_4.jpg
151KB, 480x336px
How does this pic make you feel?
>>
Great.

Did you know you can rent cars? IIRC that round symbol is where the rent cars are parked.
>>
>>3089595
I used to play a lot of card games in Dollet..
>>
File: Galbadia_Garden_Lobby.jpg (194KB, 512x352px) Image search: [Google]
Galbadia_Garden_Lobby.jpg
194KB, 512x352px
this is the game that made me love architecture
>>
>>3089593
Hella comfy.
Say what you want about FFVIII but the cities have this warm, endearing feeling that no other FF has.
>>
game gets a lot of flack but I think it had the best summoning system and the best limit break system in the series

also, seifer cleaving odin in half is one of the coolest moments in the series IMO
>>
>>3089951
Don't forget the soundtrack
>>
>>3089971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRGmPnB6KSY
>>
>>3089971
Word.
Probably Uematsu's greatest work together with FFVI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ei21X_0OA
>>
>>3089593
It looks like what I imagine a small Italian town to look like.
>>
>>3089593
makes me feel like looking away from it
>>
>>3089960
>blue magic as a limit break
>duel
>trigger at the right time with gunblade
>The End
>Rapture

fuck yes
>>
File: 1453232150720.jpg (75KB, 523x442px) Image search: [Google]
1453232150720.jpg
75KB, 523x442px
>>3090127
>Squall's Renzokuken changes depending on bosses
>>
>>3090134
I know. The first time I saw that I was amazed.
>>
legendary game
>>
>>3089593
...whatever
>>
>>3089593
Acutely aware of the disappointing lack of background music in my own, real life.
>>
>>3089593
nostalgic as fuck
I remember being so totally immersed in that game
>>
>>3089593
Gameplay and Story wise it wasn't the best, but had the best town designs and music of the series. It also meshed modern day setting with sorcery well enough for it to be passable compared to the later FF games that use a similar setting.
>>
File: Walkman.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Walkman.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>3090509
>>
>>3089593
I feel that was one of the least visited areas in the game.
>>
>>3089593
dead inside
>>
>>3089593
Like bending Rinoa over and slamming it in her sweet pussy
>>
File: FishermansHorizon.jpg (278KB, 1674x531px) Image search: [Google]
FishermansHorizon.jpg
278KB, 1674x531px
>>3089593
Happy.

FF8's towns are my all-time JRPG favorites
>>
Lol, Zell doesn't want Selfie on his bed.
>>
File: 1458377647638.jpg (91KB, 400x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1458377647638.jpg
91KB, 400x1012px
>>3091273
It only has one purpose, which is to serve as Dollet's exit.

I wish they did more with the towns but within the context of the game I guess they did as much as they could.

>>3089971
>>3089951
--best FF towns
--best FF soundtrack
--best FF summons
--best FF airship
--lousiest FF main characters
>>
>>3091586
I guess Squall's not the only one who fags out during the game.
>>
File: FF8_X-ATM092.png (474KB, 993x798px) Image search: [Google]
FF8_X-ATM092.png
474KB, 993x798px
>>3091273
There are several sidequests linked to it. The bone, the card. There are good dialogues too, like the trannie and the guy in a wheelchair that can fall into the sea.

Also IIRC whether or not you kill pic related at the start of the game determines if its corpse is on the beach later on.

Great town.
>>
>>3091609
>The bone, the card.

I guess that's not self explanatory... There is an old painter in a house with his grandson. The boy likes to 'ruin' his grandfather paintings by drawing bones on them when they're done. Go to those places the bone show and you get items. The story of the grandfather and the boy unravels at the same time.

The other sidequest is the guy with great cards to play against in a hidden room above the bar with the trannie.

Also IIRC there is a way to sneak past guards and go back onto the path leading the communication tower, although there is nothing there.
>>
>>3091609
Watching Trump play Hearthstone and he played this the moment I saw your post.
>>
>>3091618
>there is nothing there.

Except for a chance to collect dragon skins from those giant-snake things, which could also be gotten right outside of town
>>
>>3089960
>best limit break system in the series
>mash character change to trigger limit breaks whenever you like
>one-shot everything with Zell
>>
>>3091638
>one-shot everything with Zell
uhh.. there is a skill curve to get that good at Zell's duel
Did you just watch let's plays of pro players or something?
>>
>>3091639
You should have immediately noticed how broken it was and started training. And you don't need perfect inputs to have it easily outdamage every other limit break.
>>
>>3091640
[citation needed]
>>
>>3090524
Same. It may have been the last time I truly felt immersed in a video game world before I got too old and jaded
>>
>>3091621
keep this faggot shit game off /vr/
>>
>>3091642
Just try it. It's not like it's some 1-frame link fighting game combo. You must really suck if you can't get more damage off a Duel than a Rezokuken at the same Crisis Level.
>>
>>3091640
You see that's the funny thing about jRPGs.
They are only "broken" if you let them be broken. You get to choose how to play, and if you choose to make Zell into a sword of death for all opponents, that's your choice.
Unlike other game genres, jRPGs let you choose your difficulty not via the menu but via gameplay choices.

>how much will you grind?
>what mechanics will you exploit?
It's all up to you. If you complain about this in any way you're completely missing the point of playing a jRPG and should probably stick to arcade games.
>>
>>3091638
>trigger limit breaks whenever you like

that's why I like them anon, they're actually a viable part of battle and not just a bonus
they're like the desperatian attacks fron VI except they don't suck
>>
>>3091884
>tfw I keep Squall's HP low so I can destroy every random encounter
also he looks really cute on one knee :3
>>
File: 1385010283116.jpg (60KB, 571x459px) Image search: [Google]
1385010283116.jpg
60KB, 571x459px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgYGvjUHKkg

>tfw by the time they made this they still had all FF8 assets and could pull a PS2 remake with zero effort
>>
>>3091884
I have re-played FFVI several times and have never seen one single limit. I know they're there, but the odds of encountering them are just ridiculously low

>>3091652
Junction 100 "deaths" to el/at for instant one-hit kill against everything except bosses and undead.
>>
>>3092102
>el/at

It's st/at.
>>
>>3092102
>Junction 100 "deaths" to el/at for instant one-hi....
Hey fool. What part of "you make it as hard as you wanna" don't you understand about jrpgs?
>>
Wipped this midi from the game files, just for you guys.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3u7g7smz096p0f4/Dance+with+the+Balamb+Fish.mid
>>
>>3089593
Bored. The interesting bit is that I'm not bored right now. I'm just reliving the boredom of years long past that this pic beings back.
>>
The game forgot to make me care about the characters or its story.
>>
>>3094792
Squall dies pretty early so it's more about the spectacle than really learning about these shallow characters.
>>
>>3089593
I don't like using the word 'comfy', but I can't really think of anything else.
>>
>>3089593
Makes me really miss high detail scenes like that. Sure, it has tons of technical flaws like being locked to a specific resolution and causing 3D polygons to stick out drastically, but it has some amazing charm in bringing the environment to the player.

Imagine if this style took off and someone developed a way to blend moving images into it so that both the background and the objects within it look indistinguishable from each other.
>>
>>3095838
The muster race would still bitch about not being able to scale it to 4k or some retarded resolution nobody uses.
>>
>>3095841
It's really just an issue with current gen monitors. If CRTs were still the standard, resolution locking wouldn't be that big of deal. Sadly, trying to play stuff on a 4k or 1080 LCD that can't be output to native resolution stretches and butchers the image to various degrees based on which one you have. Mine specifically does horrible things.
>>
>>3095852
The only sensible solution is to have two monitors. If you're rich enough to afford a 4k you surely can buy another one.
>>
>>3095862
It's less a money issue but rather a logistical issue. Placing a large CRT monitor somewhere, especially if it doesn't get used much, takes up a ton of space and weights a lot. I have a Trinitron that looks amazing for older games, but it sits in storage because I don't really have room for it. Same for the old CRT TV I had, although I love to play Time Crisis with it, I don't have room to put it anywhere for how often I use it. I can't even move the thing by myself, it's close to eighty pounds.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.