[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First timer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (13KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 189x267px
About to start this up for the first time. What should I expect/watch out for?
>>
>>3085365

Expect a PIXAR movie in video game form
>>
>>3085371
Awesome.
>>
>>3085365
Know that it is impossible to get the Rusty Anchor song without a guide.
>>
>>3085365
Expect awful controls.

Unless you're playing the remastered version.[/spoilers]
>>
File: Foto0042.jpg (725KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Foto0042.jpg
725KB, 2048x1536px
>>3085540
>>
>>3085365
To use an FAQ now and then, unless you feel like spending months figuring some of the more obscure puzzles out. The atmosphere is amazing and the dialogue is even better but a couple of the puzzles are just poorly designed. The sort of deal where you "figure it out" by clicking on everything a thousand times instead of finally seeing through a clever design.
>>
>>3085365
Good writing, solid wit, good puzzles that aren't moon logic all wrapped up in a nice Mexican folklore package.
>>
>>3085365
>watch out for
When you're trying to get the photo in Rubacava, the guy you want is OPPOSITE of the guy who says "PHHT!".

The way the screen is makes it easy to not even know he exists.
>>
>>3085365
Humble Bundle?
>>
>>3085540
>>3085365
Use the point n click fanmod. Don't pay shekels for the "new" HD remake, which is a ripoff.
>>
>>3085540
>>3087178
http://tobiaspfaff.com/blog/2014/05/25/grim/

Use grimmouse, you stupid gois! I rather spoonfeed fags than let double-shit shillers win.
>>
>>3087178
>>3087187
I didn't know there were mods for this games. Guess I should have checked before spending my hard earned shekels.
>>
Thanks fellas. Im playing the remastered version so the controls feel pretty nice with a stylus.

Just got to the petrified forest and I gotta say Im pretty impressed so far. Everything is so atmospheric and beautiful. The music is awesome too. I've been using a walkthrough, which seems fairly necessary. I dont know if I ever would have figured out the tube part without one. So far its exceeded expectations and the obscurity of some of the puzzles is my only complaint.
>>
Laughs, great voices and music, frustration and possible rage quitting.
>>
Now at the beginning of year two. Absolutely beautiful. Manny's bar reminds me of being back home in the Southwest.
>>
>>3087929
Don't use a walkthrough, mang. Grim Fandango is an easy enough puzzle game.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.