[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: disappointment.jpg (122KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
122KB, 800x557px
>Find a game you love
>Every level better than the one before
>Second to last, awesome hard and fun as fuck
>Finally beat and hyped for how great final level will be
>It's just a fucking boss rush.
>In a game where the bosses weren't a highlight
>level doesn't even look good
>Only one new boss and it kinda sucks.
>Beat on first try.
>Disappointment.

Disappointment thread.
>>
>>3085009
is that really how fantasy zone ends? we never beat it growing up on the master system
>>
>>3085012
Yup.... last level is just each of the previous bosses and then a big Opa... I mean the game is still great and the last real level rocks, I just wish it hadn't let me believe there was more to come.
>>
>>3085009
The last level of bloodlines starts out great, but then it just stops and fuck you death is a boss rush in this game
>>
>>3085009
This game looks nice, what is it?
>>
>>3085020
Funny, I thought the same thing about mega fantasy zone. The bosses always felt kind of cheap.
>>
>>3085616
Gradius III: From Opa-Opa to Legend
>>
>>3085624
>mega fantasy zone?

You mean Super Fantasy Zone for the Mega Drive?

Anyway, the bosses were always the worst part of the Fantasy Zone games.

Especially Super Fantasy Zone for the MD because the bosses are just too damn easy and have like 1 pattern. The final boss (both forms) is one of the biggest wimps in gaming history. What's gay is that the difficulty level doesn't change the bosses and neither does looping the game. The rest of the game gets a major boost in difficulty with more enemies and bullets, but the bosses never change no matter what. It's what made me discard the game from my "good games list".

HOWEVER, Fantasy Zone II the new version that was released for the DS and can be played on MAME has some awesome bosses that are challenging. Not retro though, that remake was made a couple years ago.
>>
>>3085630
Really? This doesn't look like a Gradius game. Closer to Parodius I'd say, but even then it's a stretch.
>>
>>3085632
>HOWEVER, Fantasy Zone II the new version that was released for the DS
Actually PS2
>>
>>3085632
It is retro though since the rom runs on the same system 12 hardware as the original game and I think some actual boards were even made for Sega festivals in Japan.
>>
>>3085645
also DS
>>
>>3085009
Any tips or ways to cheese the last boss? I always get killed by those puyo looking things
>>
>>3085009
>disappointment
well if video games aren't giving you the rush you so rightly deserve then you can always go find someone who cant fuck you up the ass real good and listen to all your complaints
>>
>>3085009
bosh rushes are hype
>>
>>3085009
we must remember fallen comerade o-papa... but rly I wasn't too disappointed in fantasy zone's ending
>>
>>3085729
use the weight bomb thing or the laser
>>
>>3085616
fantasy zone
>>
>>3085818
not in the game we're talking about
>>
>>3085969
Or Megaman X.
>>
>>3085729
>>3085009
>>Beat on first try.
I just got to that dickhead for the first time last night and it took me forever with save states just to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do on that last one that goes right at you. I'd never even tried the weight bomb before.

I think the bosses in FZ are pretty nifty though, nothing too fancy but every one is different.
>>
Japanese game development. The last levels were done first and the stuff that was done towards the end of the development is up front.
>>
>>3085969
What are you talking about fantasy zone had great bosses save for the first two...
>>
Awesome interview with Fantasy Zone director Yoji Ishii here: http://shmuplations.com/fantasyzone/

>>3085969
Not hype, but the boss rush isn't boring either. Of course, a huge final level with sections in-between the bosses would have been ideal, but this game was made quickly as SEGA's "answer to Gradius" (though it turned out much different).

>>3086005
Thing is, the boss can be one-shotted if you've gotten used to firing the Heavy Bomb that far in the game. Everything comes down to killing the last missile before it outflanks you, which is extremely difficult and unfun if you don't cheese it (making this a puzzle boss). I used Twin Shots for the most part and had to experiment before I could beat Opa-Opa Sr.

>>3085648
>system 12 hardware
Fantasy Zone IIDX runs on a modified System 16 PCB.

IDK man, the bosses were marketed as one of this game's highlights, and they showed off the graphics back in 1986. They're one of the least interesting parts of the game...once you know how to beat them
>>
>>3087928
Thanks for that link
>>
>>3085009
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DisappointingLastLevel
>>
>>3085645
It came out on the 3DS eShop a while back
>>
>>3088290
Thats the definitive version.
>>
File: rajang-from-monster-hunter-o.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
rajang-from-monster-hunter-o.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>3085818
Boss rush games are hype when the bosses are really good. But Fantasy Zone's are meh.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.