[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NES emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: NES-Console-Set.jpg (417KB, 3300x2300px) Image search: [Google]
NES-Console-Set.jpg
417KB, 3300x2300px
Sorry to bother everyone here. I checked the catalog and couldn't find a topic specific to NES emulators. I came here before and got a lot of help on SNES emulators so I thought I would ask again for help. I have been looking through the various nes emulators available but I'm not sure which one is the best. I kind of remember JNES but I don't remember it being anything special or that high of quality. I read that FCEUX was good but I've also heard about RetroArch and Nestopia. I'm just not sure which one is the best one to use. I've heard some have really bad lag for input control and others have really bad pixelation problems. Thanks for any help you can offer.
>>
I'll ask here instead of making a new thread:

Where do you guys get your roms?

The rom depot that the guy had seems like it's just down. I should've downloaded the romsets before it went down.
>>
>>3084562
I think they'll all have lag since they weren't meant to be played on flat screen monitors
>>
>>3084590

Emu Paradise
>>
>>3084594
I think he means that some emulators are a lot worse than others when it comes to input lag.
>>
>>3084590
just go to piratebay and get one of those complete library torrents.
>>
>>3084594
LoL don't overestimate the "delay" from flat screen monitors. You only have to deal with response time when you're feeding them progressive scan signals i.e. from an emulator. 1ms from many low delay screens isn't that much. It's when you feed them interlaced, standard definition signals from real consoles and rely on their shitty internal upscalers that things get shitty.
>>
>>3084590
Emu paradise has complete ROM sets, although they really are huge (every version of every ROM, even some bad dumps and romhacks)
>>
>>3085623
I have a flat screen that has no delay and a curved screen that has a lot. I think delay might be caused by something other than a screens flatness of lack there of.
>>
http://techapple.net/2015/10/top-5-nes-emulator-for-windows-7-8-1-10/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.