[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make Commodore 64 Music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: C64-left.jpg (38KB, 583x326px) Image search: [Google]
C64-left.jpg
38KB, 583x326px
How do I make Commodore 64 Music?
>>
Buy a sammich sid (Google it) and a sound card with a MIDI output. Most authentic way to make the music without a commodore. Even uses the original chips.
>>
Use a tracker like SID-Wizard or Goattracker. Most modern compositions are made like this.
>>
>>3084560
>MIDI
>most authentic
>>
>>3084569
Goat-tracker is a good route to go.

Without a tracker on the c64 you're literally programming in each individual note.
>>
Not sure how available they still are but if you want to make music on the actual hardware you should take a look at the MSSIAH cartridge or it's slightly less featured predecessor Prophet64.
>>
>>3084560
Or an Elektron SID Station but they cost bucks.
>>
>>3084849
It's all digital so what's the difference? Do you think the listener can hear what protocol was used to signal the chip?

Jesus...
>>
While we're on the subject, how easy would it be to hook a SID up to an Arduino and address it?

I'm good at C++ but pretty lame at electronics. But I can follow a schematic and know basic stuff like putting a capacitor across every IC (and the output to the speaker).

If a SID is hard to come by, what about the Megadrive one?
>>
>>3085841
The SID may be too hard to come by but I assume it could be addressed by an Arduino since it's been dropped into the previously mentioned SID Station and SammichSID.

The YM2612 chip of the Megadrive can definitely be controlled by an Arduino. I've put together a project of my own at one time and there are quite a few projects showcased on Youtube. There is a thread over at Spritesmind with schematics and source code. The chip appears to be still in circulation and not too expensive on eBay. I got a few for my project from a reputable seller a few years ago at least. The chip needs a clock source so you may need to source a couple electronic components for a clock circuit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.