[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>has six playable characters with their own different stats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: friday-the-13th-usa.png (325KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
friday-the-13th-usa.png
325KB, 360x500px
>has six playable characters with their own different stats
>has a boss character that relentlessly pursues you, is virtually unkillable until the game's end, and can appear at a moment's notice
>has an elaborate side quest to get the game's best weapons
>has a day to night system that actually has a purpose to advance the game
>has a secret boss that can be fought each day that, while optional, can reward special items that are worth going out of your way for

Was Friday the 13th ahead of its time? Since Sweet Home never got localized, was this NA's first real survival horror game?
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>3081516
probably James, he secretly liked this game
>>
>>3081508
I had this when I was a kid, it was suspenseful af. Never beat it.
>>
>>3081526
>I had this when I was a kid
>it was suspenseful af
So right now?
>>
>>3081516
Nobody?
>>
>>3081516
Himself you meme loving fuck.
>>
>>3081528
Is that acronym too hip for you grandpa?
>>
I actually like this game for those exact reasons. It got too ambitious for its own good imo.
>>
It was pretty well loved by all of us back then, I am not sure about whatever the reviews was back then cuz we didn't buy mags that often but tons of us played ut to death when we was kids. Jaws also from ljn and Holy shit me and my Bro played the fuck outta it. Ljn did make a few good games at back then. Some bad ones to but it was a 50/50.
>>
>>3081586
They didn't make any games, just published them.
>>
>>3081508
I thought nightmare on elm street was a better game. 4 player co-op was the shit.
>>
>>3081590
I don't give a fuck about your semantics.
You and everyone else knew what I meant you pedantic fuck nugget.
>>
>>3081601
Yea that was fun the few times I actually did get to do it.
>>
>>3081586
I loved Jaws as well, despite how simple it is. Received two copies of it for Christmas because I told everyone to buy it for me.
>>
>>3081508
No, Haunted House for Atari 2600 was the first NA survival horror game.
>>
>>3081508
I actually really enjoy this game not just because
I grew up playing it but it's a pretty unique
portrayal of a Friday The 13th game.
It can be pretty suspenseful at times as well,
yes there are a few things that could be changed to better it but I've always liked this
game.
>>
>>3081867
There is nothing wrong with Jaws. I beat it a couple times, it's fun.
>>
>>3081892
>blocks bumping into each other
>survival horror
The fuck outta here
>>
>>3081508
>cool soundtrack, especially in the cabins
>>
>>3081516
Standard US keyboards do not have a bullet point function so NYEH
>>
>>3081741
That's like saying Warner Bros starred in Harry Potter
>>
File: project firestart.jpg (263KB, 1012x1322px) Image search: [Google]
project firestart.jpg
263KB, 1012x1322px
>>3081508
>>
>>3081508
All of that is undone by the fact that you can kill Jason by throwing enough rocks at him. Sure, it may take half an hour, but his pattern is pathetically simple. No challenge in this game whatsoever.
>>
At the age I was, this game was too difficult and yes even too scary. I like it but I always got frustrated and switched to Goonies 2 because it has similar gameplay in an all-around softer experience. If I had been a decade older than I even am, a legitimate Vidiot young adult at release I may have thought Friday the 13th was brilliant since challenge became a high priority for me when I fully matured as a gamer. Do we even have posters that old?
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 548x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 548x480px
>>3082606
Get a load of Mr. No Imagination here
>>
>>3081508
▶ 1:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAefMMvxkoc
>>
>>3081516
wow cancer has really invaded this shithole
>>
>>3082606
fine, remain ignorant. like i give a shit.
>>
>>3083430
And your bitching just gives them more incentive to keep shitposting. Congrats for making it last longer dumbass.
>>
Loved this game so much and played it till my fingers bled.
I had figured out that by the third....wave?
I could have 2 axes, 2 torches, a pitchfork and a machete for my chars to use plus the sweater. also rom fuckups/glitches with this game were comedy gold.
>>
>>3081508
The game was borderline unplayable
>>
>>3081741
Well I'll go ahead and disagree with the 50/50 thing. Ljn's game line was pretty solid.
>>
>>3081892
>>3083441
>Haunted House for Atari 2600 was the first survival horror
WRONG. you forgot about "Laurel and Hardy meet Frankenstein" from 1959 on an Oscilliscope
>>
>>3088225
>tfw nobody makes any good Laurel and Hardy games anymore
>>
>>3082836
Why does Luigi have a shotgun and breathing fire?
>>
>>3081508
I've always been a huge fan of the game since I was a kid. But I only figured the game out due to shear brute force spending long summers at my grandparents with nothing else to do but play videogames.

I don't blame people for making fun of Friday th 13th, it's an esoteric as fuck game, but if you take the time to learn it's ins and outs its pretty rad. Same way as the SaGa games, since the original comes off as a cluster fuck at first too.
>>
>>3082648
How is it like that at all? It would be more like saying 7/11 makes cigarettes, or General Motors makes the tires on your car, or that your cable provider makes the shows you watch, or that the weather man controls the weather.
>>
>>3088252
You can't reason with morons.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (43KB, 599x478px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
43KB, 599x478px
>>3088241
>>3088225
>>
>>3088269
thank you for this
>>
>>3088252
...or that studios make films or that producers make tv shows or... wait, what are we arguing about again?

>>3088269
You should hang around more on /vr/
>>
>>3088252
Don't mind him, it's just some child that wants to argue but can not even formulate a proper analogy.
Someone toss him a Gba and hope he fucking leaves.
>>
>>3081508
I think it's pretty cool, but it's scope is beyond what they were capable of doing, and as a result, it's not very good in some aspects.

It had some ideas that wouldn't be quite explored until later consoles, like, the gameplay and setup kind of makes me think of Resident Evil 3 a little
>>
>>3081528
Dumbass.

>>3081526
Never beat it either, Jason scared the shit out of me.

>>3081586
If you want some great titles published by LJN/Acclaim (same guys), check out True Lies and Stargate for the SNES or Genesis, pretty hard, and takes some getting used to, but they're quite intense and fun games, good action, great graphics, fun gameplay.

Sometimes they would actually put out a real gem, even if that was rare.

>>3081601
Oh yeah, that, me and my friends did that on an emulator once, all four of us huddled around one keyboard.
>>
>>3082836
those books take me back!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.