[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss going to conventions and hamfests. And seeing The guy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: shareware.jpg (86KB, 560x240px) Image search: [Google]
shareware.jpg
86KB, 560x240px
I miss going to conventions and hamfests. And seeing The guy. you know the one. The guy who sold floppy disks of shareware for $5 a disk. and he'd have whole walls with little disk-racks loaded with copies of all the hits.

And, you know. He'd have boxes of cracked registered games, but those would be kept under the table and cost $7 a piece.

Those days are gone, but not forgotten.
>>
>>3076024
you paid for cracked disks? sucker. even the pirates warned against that. all you had to do was give your contact blank disks. no charge
>>
>>3076024

4 years ago I bought 15,000 floppy disks from the last batch made in the UK before they stopped being produced. I really wanted to do a sort of at-cost piracy ring for Amiga games over the internet, but my modest attempts at getting it off the ground failed.

I ended up giving them all away to a local retro games group last year.
>>
File: kkrieger.png (123KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
kkrieger.png
123KB, 460x215px
>>3076162
You're doing God's work, son.

I enjoy that I can keep games. Even a modern FPS on a single floppy disk. Since I do a lot of work with older tech, it's nice having the options available.

Pictured: A Steam banner I made for this game that is larger than the game itself.
>>
floppies are still produced where I live. is there anything cool I can do with the little suckers?

I love them but they're too small and I'm not creative enough.
>>
>>3076183
Crack them open and use the magnetic disk inside like a frisbee.
>>
>>3076218
when I was a kid my dad brought an assload of floppies home. we didn't have a computer though, so picked one up and started messing with it. cracked it open and was surprised to find out how it worked. then I used it as frisbee.

anyway, I was thinking of something like storing lesser known or otherwise crappy DOS games. would be fun digging through a box of them looking for something to play.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.