[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How about comfy Infinite Engine thread? Siege of Dragonspear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 321800_20160318135154_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
321800_20160318135154_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How about comfy Infinite Engine thread?
Siege of Dragonspear coming out soon too.
>>
>>3073326
Siege ain't using 3E.
The only IE game that uses 3E is IWD2.
>>
>>3073327
Enhanced Edition is all about 3E weeb rules.

"Dorn Il-Khan: Dorn is a half-orc who wields unmeasurable [sic] otherworldly power in his black sword and unholy spells. Betrayed by his allies, Dorn Il-Khan lusts for vegeance [sic] and glory. Dorn is an NPC that can join the player's party. Also included is the Blackguard kit, which allows you to create your own champion of evil. Confirmed length of this addition is four hours."

>half-orc
>Blackguard "kit" (Prestige class)
>>
>>3073341
First and foremost you don't have to recruit an optional companion.
Secondly you don't have to use the Blackguard kit either.
Third are you implying BG2 and IWD1 didn't have the fucking 3E Sneak and Crippling attack? Because they did.
Pretty sure there was something else from 3E added to IWD1 and BG2 as well.

Anyhow why the autistic hate for 3E anyway? D&D peaked at 3.5.
>>
>>3073346
I regret to inform you that backstabs are part of AD&D and are calculated with proper 2E mathematics (sans Eric L. Boyd's clarifications in the Forgotten Realms canon Demihuman Deities).
>>
>>3073350
Sneak Attack and Crippling Strike anon, please learn to read.
Neither of those two is the Backstab.
They're also an optional toggable setting in all the games btw, much like the new kits and npcs are optional.
>>
>>3073346
D&D = OD&D / B/X / BECMI / RC / Holmes / Moldvay Cook

D&D =/= 3.5E

AD&D = 1E

AD&D 2nd Edition = 2E

True AD&D = all material printed under the imprimatur of TSR / the imprint TSR under WotC, from the beginning of time until July/August 2000. Canon.

3E and beyond = false editions
>>
>>3073356
You're just talking about bullshit that Beamdog added in later to "Enhanced Edition", how is that BG2?

Why don't you learn to read you fucking 3aboo 4rry.
>>
>>3073359
I disagnose you with terminal case of autism.

>>3073362
Thanks for proving you never fucking played BG2 or IWD1.
Sneak Attack and Crippling strike were added in the ORIGINAL IWD1.
>>
>>3073371
Icewind Dale 2 weeb.
>>
>>3073371
That's funny because I have the printed spiral-bound manual right on my lap right now. What page are these abilities detailed on?
>>
>>3073371
Hurry up 3aboo, the index has no reference to either Sneak Attack or Crippling Strike.
>>
File: autism speaks.png (579KB, 658x801px) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.png
579KB, 658x801px
>>3073382
>>3073383
>>3073385
Your autism knows no bounds nor does your fucking samefagging shitposting. You're like the opposite extreme of the spectrum compared to usual /v/ermin.
Also it's Page 12 of HoW manual you fucking retard.
>>
>>3073346
>D&D peaked at 3.5.
Fuck you.
>>
>>3073391
Stay mad. Pathfinder improved it even further.
>>
>>3073387
That's not BG2 you piece of shit. It's an Icewind Dale expansionl. 2001 = false editions.

>Release date 2001
>>
>>3073394
Pathfinder managed to make 3E worse.
>>
>>3073396
Granted I wasn't sure if it was in BG2 originally but ToB came out in 2001 as well.
>inb4 you say ToB is non canon or other asinine garbage like that

Seriously seek cure to your autism.
>>
>>3073403
>he thinks Throne of Bhaal is True AD&D
>>
Is this place like some twisted cancerous reflection of /tg/ filled with nothing but retarded autism?

I'm out, I legitimately regret making a thread because you people are fucked in the head and should seek professional help.

That is all.
>>
>>3073346
>Anyhow why the autistic hate for 3E anyway?
I'm not that guy but 3E is a completely different game from its predecessors. The designers clearly had no fucking clue what they were doing and introduced concepts and mechanics that are poison to AD&D-style play, like ivory tower game design and by proxy a character build metagame that didn't exist prior to it and can't be ignored because you get fucking screwed if you try to, a skill system that destroys the ability to interact with the world for several classes, and shit-ass class balance that made even the worst excesses of AD&D look tame.

It's saying something when *4E* ended up closer to AD&D than 3E was because the former's focus on teamwork and its class system went back to AD&D.
>>
>>3073415
>AD&D
>video games

Pick one.

Table top RPG rule sets and gameplay is mostly incompatible with video games.

You'd be lying really poorly is you say that any video game RPG ever managed to replicate the original table top experience.

Not only that, video games should not try to emulate those rule sets. Those rule sets are nothing more than very gross "game engines" to help humans simulate an imaginary world using only paper, pen and dice.

The computational power of computers, consoles and even smartphones renders those rule sets fully obsolete.
>>
Thread dead?
>>
File: Baldr001.gif (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Baldr001.gif
359KB, 1280x720px
>>3073413
Make an IE thread on /v/ pls I want to discuss BG2
>>
>>3073629
Why won't you make one yourself?
>>
>>3073630
because they always die
>>
>>3073631
I'll bump it 4U.
>>
>>3073634
made it
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.