[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever see anything use these? What could you use them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: 2.jpg (175KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
175KB, 640x427px
Will we ever see anything use these? What could you use them for? Were there any prototypes of unreleased additions?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXAePfBGKXU
>>
>>3072839
There was an exercise bike that used the bottom port.
>>
>>3073030
They had it one at my junior high.
>>
SNES tap was going to be a save state device that plugged in the bottom but has went silentsince last summer. FPGA and its gone.
>>
>>3072839
Satellaview. Did they ever release modems that use that port? The XBAND is cartridge based, but I remember reading about other projects .
>>
File: Satellaview_with_Super_Famicom.jpg (334KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Satellaview_with_Super_Famicom.jpg
334KB, 800x800px
>>3072839
The Satellaview was the only released add-on that ever used this port. Nowadays a Satellaview is completely useless, but you can play the games for it through real hardware if you use a SD2SNES, without using the add-on. Obviously these are missing the radio-streamed audio originally present on some of the games, but most of the original broadcasts can be found on Youtube.(including the Zelda broadcast, which has been translated as well)

Another unused port is the one below the NES. Originally the plan was to make an add-on for expanded sound which you see on some Famicom games.
>>
>>3073089
I'm guessing when he realized he was knocking off one of the worst features of the UFOs in the most overly complicated and expensive way possible he committed sudoku out of shame.
>>
>>3073301
Save states would be nice if they worked.
>>
File: Best picture I could find.jpg (223KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Best picture I could find.jpg
223KB, 2592x1944px
The old Mega Drive / Genesis models had an EXT Port which I believe was only used for the Mega Modem in Japan.
>>
>>3074131
There was actually a game called Zero Tolerence that allowed you to link two systems together with that port. Other than what you mentioned I'm not aware of any other uses.
>>
>>3074171
Wasn't the two player link made through the player two port instead? The cable went between systems from there. That ext port was used for some banking modem in Japan I think.
>>
>>3074171
As I recall there was some dev stuff that used it.
>>
>>3073030
>>3073192
>>3073153
OP BTFO
>>
>>3074757
How was he "BTFO"?
>>
>>3074773
An underage said it. According to the rules of /v/ lite that makes it so. Your only option is to call pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>3074757
I knew about the bike,satellaview, Famicom disk and dd64, I was referring to things like the snes tap. New additions.

Sorry for being unclear.
>>
Dunno about SNES, but some guy has been working on an ethernet adapter for the NES that also allows you to use a USB keyboard. Google ENIO for details.
>>
>>3074075
In theory save states done that way,by altering the way the code runs, could have a better success rate than devices that just dump and restore the wram. In reality it was probably too much work for something that wouldn't get a lot of use.
>>
>>3074996
I would buy that in an instant, love things like this. Gotta build a hobby box for my dbgrafx booster.
>>
>>3076235
The amount of work required to make it work 100% means it's probably never going to happen. Imagine the shit you'd have to do to get carts with custom chips to dump their state/ram and then pipe it out over that shit interface with all the other stuff. If you were going to do all that you'd do it with the cart port anyway, unless you're just a sick fuck who likes pain.

>hobby box for my dbgrafx booster.
Good luck with that Ahmed
>>
>>3072839
I wonder what system had the most used EXT port.
>>
>>3076595
Genesis with all those attachments
>>
>>3074790
Said WHAT? OP made no claims, only asked questions, one of which was what used the port. How is getting your question answered getting BTFO?
>>
>>3076858
You're clearly not young enough to participate in the BTFO discussion. GTFO.
>>
>>3076586
I don't get it
>>
>>3079534
Sooooooo basically you just said "BTFO" for no reason? What are you, black?
>>
>>3080221
I said BTFO because I was responding to some faggot who said BTFO. If you need IDs to follow a thread you might be a /b/tard
>>
>>3074773
>Will we ever see anything use these?
This implied that nothing used it. Several things used it and were posted right away. So, blown the fuck out.
>>
>>3081710
Figured
>Were there any prototypes of unreleased additions?
Would be a pretty big clue, looking back the wording was bad. A well placed"again" would've made it clearer.

Sega was mentioned but nec got left out

>>
>>3076595
Has to be the Famicom. Any external controllers had to be connected through its expansion port.
>>
File: hc692front.jpg (111KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
hc692front.jpg
111KB, 400x381px
>>3076618
>>3082964
>Not the PC Engine and its core expansion port.
>>
>>3074757

Nice autism, there
>>
>>3073192
Man I loved seeing pics of stuff like this in mags. There was something so satisfying about seeing the SNES slotting so neatly into something like this, I wanted there to be something I could buy that did this. But there never was.

Look at it though. It's poetry.
>>
>>3083416
I've been waiting too man. 23 years since I first popped that cover open and wondered what it did.

I figured someone would have made a password storage device or something. It would be cool even if it just screen capped and had a small display
>>
>>3081679
>Because I was responding to some faggot who said BTFO

No...... No, you weren't......
>>
>>3072989
Did that guy ever get this thing turned on?
>>
>>3083646
It's all right there for you to read kiddo. Do that and get BTFO. kek.
>>
>>3083901
>OP
>You saying he got BTFO
>Me questioning how
>You saying an underage said it so it's true and to call pics or it didn't happen
>Me questioning what was said because OP made no claims and how getting your question answered was getting 'BTFO'
>You saying to GTFO
>Me calling you out for talking like a nig
>You telling me to follow the conversation (and claiming to be me from the looks of it kek)
>Me calling you out on it

How am I getting BTFO exactly?
>>
>>3083908
>OP
>Not me saying he got BTFO
>You getting BTFO
Are you one of those downies that's always in a bad mood?
>>
>>3082975
A disc drive but what else?

The famicom had a shitload of crazy controllers, 3D glasses and even a inflatable motorbike.
>>
>>3084485
Turbo booster
Cd
Some other shit in japan
>>
>>3083691
>>
File: printb10.jpg (70KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
printb10.jpg
70KB, 640x446px
>>3082975
>>3084485
>>3084718
There was the Print Booster too and the Ten no Koe backup device showed in the previous pic.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (147KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
147KB, 900x1600px
>>3084718
>Turbo booster
That's sort of like the backup boosters but doesn't actually have any electronics inside that do anything right? Some guy's selling a modern high tech version of it on ebay right now.
>>
>>3086658
buy my taped together cheap dubbing cable.
>>3085097
hmm them old dot matrix sounds
>>
File: genesislink.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
genesislink.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>3074171
Nope, that was done by linking the controller port
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.