[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Donkey kong country 3 fail? because its about girl apes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why did Donkey kong country 3 fail? because its about girl apes?
>>
What girl apes? Kiddy is a guy.

How did it fail? It failed by not matching up to the very high standards of DKC games. A major part of was probably that the N64 was already out and Rare had most of their resources devoted to that. The entire game was put together in less than a year and it was rushed towards the end, noone was able to delay it.
>>
I've always liked it.
>>
>>3071204
It got released too late in the console's life cycle.

3D was huge at the time, nobody gave a crap about 2D mascot platofrmers anymore.
>>
I like to think that it would've caught more eyes if they had paired Dixie with Donkey instead of Kiddy.

Kiddy's just not cool.
>>
>>3071323

I still don't get what rode them when coming up with this character.

>Hey, you know what our players want? A big baby. Clunky, not as versatile as Dixie, slower, the only positive being stronger and heavier- you known, kinda like the beloved DK in the first game, the character people most know and like! But they will like this new baby character even more, it's PERFECT!
>>
>>3071204
1st, DKC2 also had Dixie, and she's the only one with a cool mechanic that couldn't feasibly be done by one of the other characters.

2nd, I don't think it did fail.
They should have used Donkey instead of Kiddy, though as a kid, playing a baby ape didn't bother me at all.
>>
>>3071204
>fail

What do you mean? It sold quite well on the SNES and even got a player's choice version two years after its original release. Not only that, it got ported to the GBA and re-released on Virtual Console. Gameplay wise it's debatable whether it was as succesful as the other two games but commercially, it was'nt a failure at all.
>>
This is the only Dkc game I have yet to beat. I got it on the Wii's virtual console and played it for a few days but got bored of it, and I don't know why, I love the first two games, two of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>3071405
>played it for a few days
>for a few days
>a few days

Uh.. How far did you get?

Did you play all three games together? I think the problem some people have is playing them all after each other and burning out when they reach the third game.
>>
>>3071204
If I had to pick one problem with DKC3, is that its graphical design isn't as appealing as the other two DKCs.
Even so, the crystal caves in DKC3 were one of the most beautiful things I saw when I was a kid.
>>
Graphics and Music arent as good as DKC2
It was launched way too late for the SNES
They changed the sprites for uglier ones
Level design and difficulty is meh
Kiddy Kong

At least the boss fights were more inspired
>>
DKC3 was great! I loved the worldmap, the music, the stages, it had so much.

But for some reason, it feels much easier and better to get into DKC1, it feels more sturdier and solid.

Personally I feel it must because of the monkeys, which sound silly since they are pretty much only skins, but yeah it should have been Diddy and the girl or whatever. I dont like the baby one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.