[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wii Virtual Console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Wii_Virtual_Console.jpg (19KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Wii_Virtual_Console.jpg
19KB, 600x337px
Hey /vr/, I recently got back into collecting retro again. It's been a great ride but some games are just way too expensive. It started with MUSHA on the genesis. I really wanted to play that game but paying hundreds is just ridiculous. Then I found out it was on the Wii VC and bought it right away. Best decision ever!

What I wanted to know is, what other games are extremely expensive to collect but are on the Wii VC?

I don't know much about the TG16 so I want to look into that, as well as the NeoGeo(though I already have the NG Collection on Wii).
>>
Wikipedia should have a pretty exhaustive list of every virtual console release. Are you playing these on a wiiU?

I should tell ya, it's really easy to mod your original Wii and just download virtual console WADs.

As far as expensive but on VC, do not ignore Rondo of Blood for the TurboGrafx. One of the best retro games in existence, and unavailable anywhere else except for a horrible 'updated' PSP port.
>>
>>3068092
I'm not an expert at TG16, but the main advantage has to be running on reliable hardware and not having to deal with the CD addon. The VC library is pretty decent too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_%28North_America%29
>>
>>3068189

Yeah, I've found the list but I was wondering about things in particular that were either never released here like Pulseman or stuff that's extremely expensive to have a physical copy of like MUSHA.

I recently purchased SMRPG, and I have Ogre Battle and Alien Soldier on my list. I'm definitely adding Rondo of Blood as I love Castlevania games. I am playing these on the Wii U using Wii mode.

I do have a regular Wii that'd be easy to mod but whenever I deal with roms, or stuff I don't pay for, I have no motivation to play through it. I'm just weird like that. I have a PSP loaded with thousands of games and I never touch it.
>>
How come the Wii Virtual Console never supported Sega CD? I doubt it was a space constraint issue, considering plenty of PC Engine CD-ROM2 games were released there and does hog space.
>>
>>3068224
Can't you get the games in Wii U mode instead?
>>
I'll never understand why people buy games for defunct systems. It's like buying '70s vinyls when you could just listen to them on Youtube instead.
>>
>>3069035
Most of them aren't out on the Wii U eshop yet.
>>
>>3069624
>I'll never understand why people do things that I don't personally like to do myself because I'm a closeminded retard.
>>
File: 1339527435851.gif (679KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
1339527435851.gif
679KB, 200x199px
>>3069624
>It's like buying '70s vinyls when you could just listen to them on Youtube instead.
>>
>>3070793
>>3070797
Just don't reply.
>>
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>3070797
>buying vinyls
The Youtube version probably has better audio quality
>>
>>3068189
>horrible 'updated' PSP port.
The original is unlockable in the PSP port.
>>
>>3070969
>96Kbps MP3
>better quality than vinyl
>>
>>3070793
>>3070797
>>3070802
>>3070951

Come on grandpas, quit living in the past. Either accept the present and try to make the future better or get out of the gaming hobby.
>>
>>3073008
youtube is 128 to 256 kbit aac 16bit 44/48khz
vinyl is lossless 24bit 96khz
>>
>>3073014
>vinyl is lossless 24bit 96khz

More like lossy 12bit 32kHz. If you buy super expensive vinyl you can get better frequency response, but the dynamic range is always shit. Also the stereo separation is bad, and you damage it every time you play it unless you use an extremely expensive laser turntable. Vinyl is objectively shit.
>>
>>3068189
>I should tell ya, it's really easy to mod your original Wii and just download virtual console WADs.
I installed once a ton of wads and later they got fucked up somehow. What might go wrong?
>>
>>3073013
>implying modern gaming is good
>>
>>3073306
Installing WADs isn't worth the effort, just run the homebrew channel and emulators instead.
>>
>>3068189
The PSP port is pretty great, you're wrong. It has the 3D version which you may or may not enjoy depending on your taste, but it also has the original Rondo of Blood AS WELL as all of Symphony of the Night, so it's a great deal. Remakes should always be done like this: offer the original experience as well as the modern reboot.
>>
>>3073482
Well, I remember people said that N64 WADs are better than N64 homebrew emulator.
>>
>>3073482
Virtual console has more accurate emulators than homebrew does. You're retarded aren't you?
>>
>>3075460
Not really, no. They use game-specific hacks
>>
>>3075460

fuck yourself my man
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.