[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (45KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
45KB, 256x255px
Find a flaw.
>>
File: 41560-final-fantasy-vii.jpg (180KB, 700x314px) Image search: [Google]
41560-final-fantasy-vii.jpg
180KB, 700x314px
>>3062903
fixed
>>
>>3062903

-Shoddy translation
-Materia is either broken or useless
-Shallow characterization
>>
>>3062921
>anything good on the N64
>ever
>>
>>3063086

What do you mean? Like Sin and Punishment or F-Zero X? Yeah those were awesome.
>>
>>3062903
The graphics for one thing.

>>3063074
>Shoddy translation
>Shallow characterization

What is literally every FF ever?
>>
>>3063086
ps1 fags are the worst.
>>3062903
fmv is ugly as hell
>>
>>3063182
Actually, N64 fags are the worst
>>
>>3063198
The fact is that there's a good reason that N64 games have held their value so well, as opposed to the cheap aged-like-milk ps1 games that you can find in any pawn shop for 99 cents.
>>
>>3062903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMaGq6vn7hg

This track is shit.
>>
>>3062903
>load times
>random battles
>15fps
>ugly graphics
>broken battle system

But at least it has great music, a great story by JRPG standards, and memorable characters.
>>
File: GTA.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
GTA.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>3062903
>Find a flaw
Most people post games like Super Mario World, or A Link to the Past. Games that while one could argue there are flaws, would have a difficult time naming something objective.

Final Fantasy 7? Anon, you're not even trying.
>>
>>3062921
10/10
>>
>>3062903
Rushed fourth act. They should have had multiple versions of backgrounds so that we could see how shitty and chaotic society was becoming towards the end.
>>
>>3063227
>Nintendo games always "hold their value" due to a misplaced sense of value, created by collectors who obsess over old games and series'.
>PSX has more expensive games, that cost more and are more desirable anyway

kek.
>>
>>3063170
>>3063261
the graphics were pretty good at the time, anons
>>
ATB is krap
>>
Am I the only one who thought Barret was infinitely more interesting than Cloud and wished he was the protagonist instead?
>>
>>3063445
>>>/worldstarhiphop/ is that way nigger lover.
>>
The only thing I really don't like about it is that the characters all become basically the same through the materia system: the only real difference between them being their stats (barely noticeable) and their limit breaks (also barely noticeable).
>>
>>3062903
The graphics were the only flaw, and since it's coming out on PS4 and that's the only thing they're updating, the remake will be perfection.
>>
>>3063448
>Barret
>a nigger

Its funny how the angry black man stereotype character was arguably written better than the rest of the cast.

Japan does Black people better than the west. That's kind of sad.
>>
>>3062903
the whole game
>>
>>3063170
>What is literally every FF ever?

Other FF games having flaws doesn't exempt 7.
>>
>>3063373
This. The most we had was that one guy running around in Mideel trying to buy everything. Everyone else seemed a little sad but otherwise continued on with their lives. Even Majora's Mask handled this better.
>>
>>3063445
This.

He and his arc really are underappreciated.
>>
File: 7342a6d23cdd725845f66fa6c5ebf430.jpg (971KB, 1000x856px) Image search: [Google]
7342a6d23cdd725845f66fa6c5ebf430.jpg
971KB, 1000x856px
>>3063649
>That scene towards the end of the game where he admits to Reeve his wrongdoings as a terrorist organization against Shinra

I mean yeah, he was rather justified in going on that revolt given the world was coming to an end thanks to them, but it did show he was not a totally guiltless murderer going on a revenge spree like we all thought he would turn out to be. It was just such a nice feeling to see him move on from all that past misery.
>>
>>3062903

The only flaw in FF7 is in the fanbase.
>>
>>3062903
It's FF7
>>
>>3063247
>tfw it's actually a great tune.
>>
>>3063227
Yeah, I'm sure you can find something like LSD for 99 cents.
>>
>>3063373
>>3063583
Yeah, I feel they could've knocked it out of the park with this attention to detail. Shit, just one game earlier they made the end of the world seem more important.

But the biggest problem with the battle system is Enemy Skill makes literally every materia obsolete.
>>
>>3062921
YES
>>
>Midi quality music

yeah really making use of the CD's superior storage capacity square. It's not like we had proper quality soundtracks as early as the SCD
>>
>>3063074
-Materia is either broken or useless
explain
>>3063261
>load times
they aren't so long
>random battles
like almost any jrpg in that gen?
>15fps
lol no
>ugly graphics
Istartedplaying3dgamesontheps2.jpg
>broken battle system
explain
>a great story by JRPG standards
the story is bad even by jrpg standarts
>memorable characters
any party member that isn't cloud, aeris or tifa could not exist and the story would be the same
>>3063445
barret is a shitty character
his backstory is edgy shit and his personality is "le manly man who likes cute things xD"
>>3063989
>the biggest problem with the battle system is Enemy Skill makes literally every materia obsolete
well that's KoR
Enemy Skill is fun and not broken because you need to collect the skills
>>
i never got past the first disc
>>
File: 1430596168041.png (378KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
1430596168041.png
378KB, 1000x773px
>>3065815
>explain

Basically every normal magic spell is completely useless and Enemy Skills can break the entire game wide open as soon as you leave midgar.

Matra magic makes mobs a joke, Big guard will give you every protect spell, and white wind is the best healing spell in the game
>>
>>3065815
>his backstory is edgy shit

Awww look the /v/ermin thinks he's smart using buzzwords he doesn't understand
>>
>>3063674
If you ignore the white part of the glass, it looks like Cloud is forcefully shoving an ice cream cone down his gullet.
>>
>>3065757
And they were still doing it with FF10, which people praise for its OST.
>>
>>3063448
Kys
>>
Chocobo breeding is tedious and horrible.

Granted, that sidequest is optional, but it's hours of the blandest repetitive content in any RPG. And some areas and items are only accessible if you devote the time to it.
>>
It's a Final Fantasy game.
>>
>>3066056
>And some areas and items are only accessible if you devote the time to it.

Or you can beat Ruby Weapon and get a gold chocobo as a reward.
>>
>>3066003
no, you just ignore/don't remember Dyne and muh gun-arm has a deep meanin'
but nice to know that you said that I'm from /v/, that totally validates your shit taste
>>
>>3066086
isn't a gold chocobo required to get KoR and then kill Ruby Weapon?
>>
File: Yuffie.jpg (134KB, 311x372px) Image search: [Google]
Yuffie.jpg
134KB, 311x372px
>>3066105
>which people praise for its OST.

Limit break spam is actually a lot more productive a means to take her out.

Hell once you realize that not all 4th levels are the characters bests you can deal absurd damage.

things like Doom of the Living and AngerMax are crazy deadly and if you can get them crazy fast if you're up for a grind
>>
>>3065846
A first-time player isn't going to know this.

You can break any game if you use a strategy guide.

That said, some materia really is useless: status effects, for instance.
>>
>>3066105
You can literally just paralyze Ruby weapon using added effect and Hades can't you.
>>
>>3066194
>A first-time player isn't going to know this.

Oh fuck off you can get matra magic as soon as you can equip the fucking materia. With a name like Eskill there's no sense not to equip it immediatly and then BAM you got one of the most useful skills in under 10 minutes
>>
File: RETRO VIDEOGAMES.png (7KB, 656x210px) Image search: [Google]
RETRO VIDEOGAMES.png
7KB, 656x210px
RETRO VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>3062903
It's not VIII.
>>
>>3066306

He said FLAW not plus
>>
>>3065815
>>15fps
>lol no
Yes, in the battles.
>>ugly graphics
>Istartedplaying3dgamesontheps2.jpg
I started playing 3D games with Doom. And it's not a technology limitation, FF8 and FF9 look much better.
>>broken battle system
>explain
Watch how repetitive any speedrun is.
>>
>>3066194
A first time player doesn't need to know it and can very easily stumble into hilariously broken enemy skills just by keeping it equipped because they think the concept of learning enemy spells is cool. By the end of disc 1 you should have Trine and Aqualung, both of which are massively broken for their MP cost, because bosses that are NOT OPTIONAL use them on you, and that's if you didn't accidentally pick up the latter while fucking around in the Corel desert. And before that? Matra Magic is easy to get on accident just after you get Enemy Skill itself and is extremely powerful for that section of the game on top of being extremely cheap.

The only good enemy skills you really need to go out of your way to get are Beta, White Wind, and Big Guard.
>>
>>3065757
I actually prefer the internally generated music for FF7. I know people love their orchestral soundtracks, but I think it clashes with retro vidya sometimes.
>>
>>3065757
>Midi quality music
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>3065757
>Midi quality music
MIDI quality can be good enough to fool people into thinking it's real instruments. Eg. movie soundtracks are frequently MIDI not real orchestras. When you have hundreds of gigabytes of samples and highly realistic physical modeling MIDI can sound great.

FF7's music is more like tracker music, and it suffers from the small samples. FF8 and FF9 use much bigger samples and sound correspondingly better, but still nowhere near modern MIDI quality.
>>
>>3066979
When FFVII came out on PC it used whatever sound card you had to play the midi, some of the songs sounded totally bizarre.
>>
Fanbase worse than earthbound
>>
>>3067076

nah. FF7 was at least a major success at launch.

Earthbound was a spectacular failure in every regard yet it's fans still bitch call it the second coming despite most of them either not buying it or not even being old enough to have played it before Smash.

With FF7 fans they at least supported the game and played it when it came out
>>
>>3067358
Coming from Final Fantasy III (VI) and Chrono Trigger for the SNES I loved FFVII, played the shit out of that game and I did liked to play and make really awesome materia combos.

Ofcourse you can just ignore all the materia sistem and focus just in the regular use of the materia and you will still have the same result over all.
I woudnt say it was broken, its more of a if you wish to make your game easier work on those materia combos if not just use it like regular.

Other than that I find no flaw of this game. Yuffie and Vincent were optional characters and they didn't even needed a story but they did put it in albeit not an extraordinary one but its there.

I love how cloud its such an idiot in the game, the new games and that shitty movie ruined the character and tsundere him for no fucking reason.
>>
>>3067358
>>3067421
Shit I quoted you and didn't meant to. My bad.
>>
>>3067049
It sounded fine with the soundfont installed on my AWE64 Gold.
>>
>>3067421
I think there's a serious problem with a game when the reward for you successfully experimenting with the game's mechanics is you curbstomping an already easy game even harder.
>>
>>3066194
>he doesn't know about the Added-Effect materia

Status Effects are patrician-tier.
>>
>>3063227
>>3063198
>>3063182
>>3063086
>>3063384
>my obsolete toy is better than your obsolete toy
>>
>>3067724
This. Added Effect + Hades turns you into a Marlboro.
>>
>>3066101
I'd like some fries with this salt, waiter, and a tissue for anon.
>>
>>3062903

FFX was better
>>
>>3062903
It was when the series started its downward spiral until it hit rock bottom with X, then punched through the bottom of the barrel with XIII.
>>
Wish they would bring back the materia system....
>>
>>3062921
I don't see how that's a flaw in the first place anyway
>>
It's not Fallout
>>
>>3062903
The graphics, even for launch ps1 those character sprites were atrocious, Resident Evil 1 had prerendered backgrounds with polygonal models and it looked 1000X better. Also, the music is all MIDI, so you have some of the best videogame music ever written filtered through the sounds of digital farts.

Still like it, though.
>>
>>3068716
Yeah and speaking of digital farts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q
>>
>>3068785
Directors cut doesn't count.
>>
>find the flaw
Yuffie is optional.
game breaker cutscene on disk 2, disk read error very possible. (ancients key)
Kights of the round + mime is OP as fuck.
Omnislash + mime is OP as fuck.

>graphics
underaged detected
>>
>>3068716
> all MIDI
You don't even know what this means you ignorant nigger. MIDI is a standard that transmits note data. If the music sounds like shit it's because it used shit samples.
>>
>>3066105
you don't need KoR to kill any boss in the game.
>>
>>3066147
you can use Cait Sith's slots to 1 shot any enemy, including bosses.
>>
>>3062921
This is the reason I bought a playstation.

That's square! you saved me.
>>
>>3068873
>If the music sounds like shit it's because it used shit samples.
Soundfont. The word is soundfont.
>>
>>3066147
All Creation would've been perfect if it broke the damage limit.
>>
>>3069932
Close, for PS1 the term "instrument set" fits more nicely. Back at SquareSoft they knew what they were doing.
>>
>>3062903

Turn based.
>>
>>3062903
I thought the final boss was ridiculously easy. Other than that, it was a good game with a terrible fanbase of shitfic writers that took it too seriously.

It's a pity the remake isn't turn based, I was actually hype, but I don't care for kingdom hearts style gameplay.

What? I like turn-based, I grew up with wizardry and stuff, I'd rather have turns than a half-assed action system like most modern rpgs have.
>>
>>3070213
well it has ATB so it can't be considered turn based
>>
>>3062921
>N64
>not shit

Only plebs who thought Goldeneye was actually good liked that piece of shit machine
>>
>>3066105
You can kill Ruby without KoR, just max out on dazers and spam them to keep it from attacking.
>>
>>3070661
>underage masquerading as a 90s mustard
>>
>>3065846
Big Guard and White Wind are spells you have to very specifically go out of your way to get, nobody who hasn't played through the game before or who isn't using a strategy guide is going to get them. And normal magic spells are actually pretty useful until you level up into the 30s or so.
>>
>>3070663
>I have no response so I'll just say underage and throw in a meme
>>
>>3070542
None of the bosses are hard, not even the "super" bosses lol. There are obvious strategies and exploits you can use to win pretty much every fight with minimal effort.
>>
>>3062903
People may say it's overrated but if you were there in the 90's and was able to play it you knew damned well how big of a deal this game was. The leap from Nintendo games to a Playstation with cinematics with a mature storyline was such a big fucking deal. All you kids may scream "overrated" but fucking serious here you had to be there to understand.
>>
>>3062921
It almost went on the N64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5l0A3zzEgw
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.