[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Donkey Kong Country 2 Thread? Have the day off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: donkey-kong-country-2-art.jpg (86KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
donkey-kong-country-2-art.jpg
86KB, 480x600px
Can we have a Donkey Kong Country 2 Thread?
Have the day off today so I'm sitting at home playing through it. Just got to Hornet Hole in Kremland.

>Diddy or Dixie?
>Best Track?
>Best Stage?
>Worst Stage?
>Best Boss?
>Worst Boss?
>Is DKC2 your favorite of the first 3? If not, what's your ranking of them?
>>
>>3062117
>Dixie
>Forest Interlude
>Rickety Race
>Bramble Blast
>Kaptain K-Rool
>Krow
>Definitely my favorite classic DK, though its tough to decide between it and Tropical Freeze when ranking the whole series.
>>
>>3062117
>>Diddy or Dixie?
Dixie cause it's easy modo

>>Best Track?
Stickerbush Symphony

>>Best Stage?
mudhole marsh

>>Worst Stage?
>>Best Boss?
If we're not counting Kaptain K-Rool, the one before Kremland

>>Worst Boss?
Krow

>>Is DKC2 your favorite of the first 3? If not, what's your ranking of them?

It's my #1 in original trilogy. I got it 2>1>3
>>
>>3062117

Best game of all time.

>Diddy, but both are perfect. If I were female I would say Dixie.
>Stickerbrush Symphony.
>Mudhole Marsh.
>Klobber Karnage - those fucking barrels are not fun.
>Does K. Rool count? If not Kleever.
>Man... I almost hate to say it but Krow I guess.
>Yes, DKC2>>>>>DKC3>=DKC1.
DKC3 is gets points because there's more of it and some is quite fun, loses points because a lot of it was crap.
>>
Must we have these forced "discussion" threads constantly? I bet you're the same lad that posted that terrible Super Mario Brothers 2 thread.
>>
>>3062117
>Diddy or Dixie?
Diddy. Faster + frontal hold
>Best Track?
The credits theme. So nostalgic.
>Best Stage?
Hard to say, there are so many! Id probsably go for Haunted Hall for the panic inducing atmosphere.
>Worst Stage?
Second stage of krem quay (forgot name). The one set in the water, almost completely dark.
>Best Boss?
K.Rool in the lost world.
>Worst Boss?
The first one.
2 > 3 = 1
>>
>>3063487

Everyone else in this thread seems to be enjoying it, so why does it matter to you? Why bother criticizing a thread on 4chan that other people are enjoying? You are actively using energy to comment in a thread you don't want to participate in just to insult the people enjoying the thread.

Anyways,

>Dixie (Feels safe being able to float)
>Gotta stick with Stickerbrush Symphony but it's tough to choose
>I honestly love the first level.
>K. Rooool
>I like 'em all
>Yeah buddayyy
>>
>>3062117
honestly I have a hard time thinking 2 is the best non-retro dkc because the first game feels a lot more well rounded.
>>
>>3062117
Diddy, goes faster and just plays smoother to me.

Disco Train is best track.

Clapper's Cavern is my favorite stage.

Worst stage as in most annoying is either Mudhole Marsh or Web Woods, worst stage as in least enjoyable or most boring is Glimmer's Galleon to me.

Worst boss is Kutlass, best boss is King Zing.

DKC2 is the one with the most nostalgia to me because I played it the most when I was in elementary school but my favorite game in the trilogy is DKC3 because it tried to be more innovative and it succeeded at that IMO. The first DKC is the least enjoyable to me gameplay wise but it's got the best music out of the three to me.

TL;DR DKC ranking: DKC3 > DKC2 > DKC1
>>
File: bong.jpg (43KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bong.jpg
43KB, 500x281px
>>3062117

>Diddy
>Hot Head Bop
>Gusty Glade
>None
>Stronghold Showdown: K.Rool

DKC2 is the best Donkey Kong Country game. I like 1 and 3 a lot, but to me its the best. The atmosphere, music, level design, characters, settings, all of it is top notch.

You can tell DKC3 was sort of just made for the sake of it, whereas Rare put EVERYTHING they had into DKC2. Just one guy's opinion.
>>
>>3064040
it feels like 3 was the transition moment before Rare's N64 games where they realized game development couldtake less work if a collectathon aspect was added.
>>
>>3062117
>>
>>3062117
>Diddy or Dixie?
Diddy, Dixie is only good for reaching special spots.
>Best Track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M
>Best Stage?
Undecided.
>Worst Stage?
Undecided.
>Best Boss?
KROOL
>Worst Boss?
Second Krow.
Probably but DKC tops in the platforming depatrment. DKC3 is too heavy on gimmicks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.