[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Saturn Battery??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: SaturnSbat-dead.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
SaturnSbat-dead.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
Hey /vr/ wondering if any of you can help. I got my Saturn out of storage recently and the internal battery seems to be dead. Every time I turn it on I get this screen.

I thought it was fine at first because I tried saving a game and resetting and it was still there. But this morning I went to play again and the save disappeared. Any help? Is the only fix to replace the battery? And are they even available?
>>
File: 1385076469388.gif (769KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
1385076469388.gif
769KB, 400x247px
Christ almighty the people that visit this board. The battery is a basic CR2032 that can be bought anywhere batteries are sold. The battery is located in a small pull-out tray on the back of the console. Please use Google before bumping a perfectly valid thread off the board next time.
>>
Ask your dad or adult care taker for help.
>>
>>3061903
> Is the only fix to replace the battery?

Yes and on. You can change the battery, but if you're too bothered with that, there is a solution for games which only support internal battery saving (versus memory card).

As you experienced for yourself, the saves will still be there if you reset, rather than turn off the console. So you can save the game on internal battery, reset, copy the save to a memory card/gameshark, and turn off the console. Then, when turning on, copy the save from the memory cad to the internal battery. Ta-dah!
>>
Iphone kids can't even change a battery...
>>
>>3061908
>before bumping a perfectly valid thread off the board next time.
"what is your collecting holy grail, /vr/?"
"how to get past the dreaded bridge"

Nah.
>>
>>3061908
Wow I thought they said /vr/ was one of the friendlier boards. Sorry to waste your precious time...

Thanks though.
>>
>>3061928
>Wow I thought they said /vr/ was one of the friendlier boards.
Even we have our limits.
>>
>>3061903
>Is the only fix to replace the battery?

No, you can get a save cart and then not worry about the battery.
>>
>>3061928
/vr/ is one of the most hostile boards on 4chan actually. You got to meet one of our star members who works tirelessly to shitpost as much as possible.

But like they said, you have nothing to worry about. It's a quick trip to the store and a five minute fix. Get back to enjoying some Saturn! What's on the menu?
>>
Generally it is excepted that its best to grab a proper memory cart for saving on the Saturn as you don't have much space for saving a load of games.
>>3061928
It used to be, bit like other pages (/a/, /v/ and /co/) but they degenerated over time as the IQ of most the users dropped

>MFW ive been on 4chan for to long

BRING BACK SNACKS!!
>>
>>3061908
>AVGN general
>I HATE RESELLERS!
>retro waifu general

Yeah, real quality. Fuck off, this is a good thread.
>>
>>3062072
>this is a good thread.
Are we being raided?

String of shit threads just popped up in the last 2 hours.
>>
>>3062074
I don't see how OP's thread is bad? Or is this part of the famed /v/ boogeyman that suddenly takes interest in retro vidya and invades the board (hint: that doesn't actually exist)

I'll take this thread over people trying to start PS2/GCN threads or /vr/ waifus.
>>
>>3061903

It's literally just a watch battery. Look up a video on youtube about how to remove it, then go any store that sells watch batteries and find the replacement. It's very easy to do.
>>
>>3062083
A thread where someone is so mental invalid or young that they can't handle a Saturn's battery or even rtfm is by no means a good thread.

Do I need to make a thread like "Hey guys what are these colored cables? They're yellow, white, and red. I'm trying to hook up my SNES".
That's a shit thread and is pretty much the same as spam.
>>
File: 1447646268964.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447646268964.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>>3062094
OP could've googled it, but shitposting in response is a very /v/ thing to do. Just saying.
>>
>>3062103
Shitposting in a shit thread. Or you just saged.

But you post your anime pictures. Nobody posts those in /v/.
>>
File: 1450575187661.jpg (74KB, 645x618px) Image search: [Google]
1450575187661.jpg
74KB, 645x618px
>>3062104
This is 4chan, kiddo. Anime is posted in all boards.
>>
>>3062107
Pretty new here huh?
>>
File: PVAT3543.jpg (918KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PVAT3543.jpg
918KB, 2000x1500px
>>3061941
>Get back to enjoying some Saturn! What's on the menu?

Thanks! Having a ton of fun with it now that it's hooked up again. Was playing Darius Gaiden and Astal this morning. But I hooked it up again cause I found a cheap copy of Legend of Oasis. So now that I have a working battery again I'm going to restart the game I began last night.

Sorry to those this pissed off, I didn't realize it was such a stupid question I just thought you guys would know what to do. But now hopefully we can just tlak about games.
>>
>>3062115
>this much peer pressure
>>
>>3061903
I can't believe you created a thread for something so basic, this information is not hard to find at all, in fact even a cursory look at the system would have given you a good idea about your options.
>>
>>3062212
>I can't believe you created a thread for something so basic, this information is not hard to find at all, in fact even a cursory look at the system would have given you a good idea about your options.
Boo hoo, we bumped another thread about which Final Fantasy game is best off the board.
>>
>>3062214
Holy shit are you hovering this thread.

Not even sure this is a shitpost now. I think you may just be a legit mental invalid.
>>
>>3061928
>Wow I thought they said /vr/ was one of the friendlier boards. Sorry to waste your precious time...
This is partially true, but you can seriously just google your fucking problem and find a solution in minutes.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Replace+Sega+Saturn+battery
No need to shit up the board with your stupid question.
There's also a repair thread if for some reason you would really trust the mongs on 4chan with helping you.
>>
Lots of people ITT getting heated over nothing thq famous.
>>
>>3062195
How are you able to have a hold of a Saturn and a few games but not know shit about replacing the battery? You should already know this.
>>
>>3061903
why is saturn emulation so shit?
>>
>>3061903
holy fuck just open the little door in the back and change the battery. Its as easy as changing the batteries in your TV remote
>>
>>3062989
>why is saturn emulation so shit?

Because you think your android phone is a PC.
>>
>>3062318
>>3062318
Until this morning I never even thought about needing to change the battery on one. I got it when it was new but it's been in my garage for years. Got some new games so I thought I'd hook it up again and when I got the problem with the battery I decided to ask here. Which I can see was a mistake. But holy shit you people are assholes over it.
>>
>>3063351
>when I got the problem with the battery I decided to ask here. Which I can see was a mistake.

Your main problem was that, when encountering a problem, your immediate response was posting about it online.

Instead of investigating the problem and looking for a solution, inspecting the console for a possible way to replace the battery, reading the manual, searching for the topic online, and so on. No, your first response was to post on the internet about the fact that you have that console, and it has a problem.

This was an incredibly simple problem that can be fixed by anyone in seconds or minutes, with absolutely minimal logic applied to it. The fact that you asked online for help before you could fix it, means one of two things: either you are a narcissistic asshole or you are entirely incapable of supporting yourself and require asking for help online the second you encounter an obstacle.
If it is the former, then fuck you. If it is the latter, then I truly fear for what will happen to you once you run out of people to support you, or, any family you have to support yourself (if god forbid you started a family).

I bet you are one of those people who couldn't figure out the barrel in Sonic 3 either.
>>
Is Bulk Slash any cheaper in Japan? Going on a trip next week and I've already researched my non-tourist-trap game stores. Gonna buy Sin and Punishment CIB either way but I'm on the lookout for Saturn games, too.
>>
>>3063414
Not even him, but wow. Why don't you make use of your everlasting contempt against actual shitposters infesting the board and tearing it apart instead of eating a fellow naive anon alive. Fucks sake.
>>
>>3063425
>my non-tourist-trap game stores
Could you share some?
>>
>>3062083
>I don't see how OP's thread is bad?

Look, stupid. We're happy to help solve a problem but at least try to find the answer yourself first.

If you actually looked on google and then still can't find and answer ask away. But there's no reason he can't find this info on his own. It's literally as basic as it gets.
>>
>Sega thread
>starts with a retarded quaestion/statement
>full of shitposters

And no one was surprised.
>>
>>3061903
>I thought it was fine at first because I tried saving a game and resetting and it was still there.
Resetting won't kill your saves because the power keeps running through the volitile memory. When the power goes off they die.
>>
>>3063414
Why don't you like to circle jerk with all the other underage tards. Are you like a nasty old grownup or something?
>>
>>3063704
>Look, stupid.

You're so full of yourself it hurts.
>>
>>3063414
Holy shit man, I already said I was sorry. You could have easily just ignored the topic if it was that horrible, but you seem dead set on jumping down my throat for as hard as you possibly can. Is that all you live for? Getting angry over fucking 4chan? Wow this is a miserable board.
>>
>>3062090
>look up a video of how to push in a plastic tab, slide out a battery and put a new one in
Why would something so basic have a tutorial? That would be like having a 'how to pour water' tutorial.
>>
So let's salvage this relatively tame compared to some other shit going on on this shitty board right now thread and talk about obviating the need for a battery by modding.

I've heard good things about FRAM mods, does /vr/ have any experience with these mods?
>>
>>3065265
Why bother? The battery lasts like over a year.
>>
>>3065271
Mine lasts like two weeks, if I'm lucky. Either something has broken, or I've been really unlucky with the quality of my batteries.

Even if it did last a year, I would be much more comfortable knowing my saves wouldn't disappear suddenly one day.
>>
>>3065290
I don't even know where this bullshit comes from anymore.

2 weeks? Just stop.
>>
>>3065295
Your experiences can't be extrapolated to everyone, bruv. I replaced the battery. Didn't play for a week or two (I have plenty other consoles to play), poof saves gone. Has happened to me at least twice. Got to say I used shitty 100 yen shop batteries though.

Do you play on your Saturn regularly? That will make the save battery last a lot longer.

Also, as I said, I suspect mine is somehow broken to chew away at the battery's at this pace (maybe it's leaking current somewhere? fuck do I know).
Anyway, a mod would be interesting in my case.
>>
The level of autism from the butthurt "don't ask simple questions" faggots is off the fucking scale. Get a fucking life you gamefaqs tier faggots.
>>
>>3065314
>Your experiences can't be extrapolated to everyone, bruv
>bruv
Dank meme kid.

Try not shitposting and come back when you're at least 18.
>>
>>3065319
If you fuck off back to /v/ first, m8.

Fuck you and fuck what /vr/ has become.
>>
>>3065326
No kid. Fuck your dumb fucking parroting shit and dank memes.

You parroting BULLSHIT like "Lul XD dat Saturn battery a shit, bruv".

Fucking kill yourself. Go back to your eceleb thread,
>>
>>3065330
oh, I remember you. you're easily the worst poster here assuming everything is e-celeb influenced. talk about /pol/ level paranoia.
everything is memes to you, isn't it?

anyway, my saturn's battery life is piss poor. and that ain't changing whether or not "saturns battery life is poor" is a "eceleb" "meme".

anyway it's nice to once again see proof that it only really takes one poster to shit up the board.
>>
>>3065342
>/pol/
>/v/ reaction image
>more memes

Also I have no idea what you're talking about with the eceleb shit. Seriously though. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>cause I tried saving a game and resetting and it was still there.

Reseting keeps it in memory. When you power off it's lost.
>>
File: 1452470549859.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1452470549859.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>3065352
I'll kill myself if you go first.

Tbh I think you need to go out more, if all you can do is be grumpy here.
>>
>>3065357
>Tbh
keep them memes and reaction images coming.
>>
>>3065265
>experience
Yes. There's pin compatible/close to pin compatible parts you can use that are easy to install

>>3065295
Battery life varies massively across different systems. He may have been exaggerating with two weeks but I've seen batteries go dead in 3 months. I've also seen them last well over a year.
>>
File: kirby stfu 1382483215599.png (155KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
kirby stfu 1382483215599.png
155KB, 363x363px
>>3065358
desu familia desu

>>3065367
So I've read this before: http://www.db-elec.com/home/lab-posts/segasaturninternalmemorymodwithfram-nobatteryrequired
But it doesn't really say which Saturns are compatible. Will all work? Mine is a Model 2.

I guess I'll just have to screw it apart and check what I got inside, don't I?
>>
>>3065380
They used a few different chips but as far as I know they all have the same pinout. The 1808 is probably the cheapest/easiest to find option.

Consider running the OE line to the ground pin on the chip underneath the chip so it doesn't look like it was done by a slob like original Sega last minute fixes. Consider using proper tools so you don't lift pads like the guy in that link. Other than that, yeah, it's that easy.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.