[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your opinion on Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

your opinion on Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
>>
overrdated
>>
I think the general consensus is it's the best Metal Gear game. MGS: Ghost Babel also is recommended.
>>
File: level 3 warning.png (32KB, 928x928px) Image search: [Google]
level 3 warning.png
32KB, 928x928px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XC3qGABjc
>>
Too much backtracking
cool music
>>
>>3060005
Pretty much spot on as to how I feel as well. I was crazy about Ghost Babel when I first played it, then I played SS a little while after that was like, "Oh, that explains it."
>>
god tier musis and best looking MSX2 intro ever
>>
>>3059996
My favorite Metal Gear game period, along with Ghost Babel.
>>
All the best ideas from Metal Gear Solid, minus the faggot bullshit Hideo Kojima would add to later games. Peak of the series.
>>
File: SnakesRevenge1.png (7KB, 258x226px) Image search: [Google]
SnakesRevenge1.png
7KB, 258x226px
While we're discussing 2D Metal Gear, what do you guys think about Snake's Revenge?
I think it's severely underrated/ignored because of the bad reputation of the NES port of MG1, but Snake's Revenge is actually a legit good game.
>>
>>3059996
Liked it a lot more than Metal Gear 1.
>>
>>3061297
its pretty buggy to play i feel
>>
>>3061297
It's a much better game than MG1 for NES, that's for sure.
>>
great game
great ost
my favourute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mtawMrdUFE
>>
Terrible backtracking, stupid insane puzzles, lame bosses, and there was lots of input delay and framerate issues that I'm not sure I could blame on emulation (unless it was accurately emulating how the game no doubt pushed the MSX2 to its absolute limits). There's lots of things I like though such as the music and the presentation. Some of the scenarios and gimmicks were so cool they apparently recycled them for MGS where they're still cool.

It makes me wish people cared more about MG1. 2 is more sophisticated in every conceivable way but the basicness of 1 is something I find appealing, such as having binoculars to scope out the next screen instead of a radar screen.
>>
>>3064009
>stupid insane puzzles
They're all pretty basic. They're dumb, though.
>lame bosses
I actually like MG2's boss fights, though some of them are underwhelming.
>It makes me wish people cared more about MG1.
They don't have much reason to. MG2 is better on nearly every front. 2 isn't just more sophisticated; it's better designed. I think MG1 is a good game though.
>>
i never figured out how to crouch
>>
>>3061297
my thoughts exactly. It's a good game
>>
>>3068402
>my thoughts exactly. It's a good game
Why did you feel like it was important for you make a post when you have nothing to add to the discussion are are just repeating something someone else said?
>>
>>3070839
This
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.